What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ cbus stadium 6/8/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think our troubles being limp as a leaf this time of year goes back to the spoon in 2018

We were 0 from 6 I think that year , never really recovered.

Next 3 seasons we have come out of the gate looking like a genuine premiership threat

Reckon these last 3 season we get flogged in pre-season. Turn up for the year fit-as and that alone has got us some wins, particularly against the better sides.

As season progresses the better sides not only get game fitter (and match us easily in this area) but seem a whole lot mentally tougher, even against sides that are depleted with their main players out injured, and this is where we falter. Always have

Just watching Burton I’ve had massive raps on this kid for a few years now. Great signing for the Bulldogs. Meanwhile our overrated toilet boy 5/8 has ONE TRY ASSIST in 17 games. What a complete joke

eels_fan

First Grade
M
Just watching Burton I’ve had massive raps on this kid for a few years now. Great signing for the Bulldogs. Meanwhile our overrated toilet boy 5/8 has ONE TRY ASSIST in 17 games. What a complete joke
Maybe we can give them Dylan Brown and Sivo for Burton.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Buck stops with BA. It's over. Deep down you know it and despite this article he knows it too.

I cannot wait for a change and he can take some of his favourites with him. I couldn't give a shit who they are.
Shuffling deck chairs, like every time the Tigers and Bulldogs sack a coach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But but we are a better defensive team this year..
Only Melbourne and Manly have conceded fewer points this year than last year. So have fourteen teams become worse defensively or have the rules changed?

We're better than most, but not elite. Our defence relies heavily on controlling the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was pointing this out to merkins in the off season and no one would listen. Everyone thought our bench had been significantly improved.

What a surprise that our bench still offers SFA. But now our starting 13 can't construct an offence or defence either
That's because merkins only care about our attack. They don't care about a forward's ability to make effort on effort in defence. This is the true value of RCG, not his random 40 metre tries scored through his support play. Kaufusi is a loss as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You reckon Burton is going to kill it at the Dogs next year?

Their defence is a bigger problem than their attack. Burton's kicking game might help them control the ball better but they need a lot more help than that.
You asked me if Burton would kill it. I said yes. You then said but Burton would not fix their defence. You see how you twist and turn things.

hindy111

Post Whore
Their defence is a bigger problem than their attack. Burton's kicking game might help them control the ball better but they need a lot more help than that.

Burton shows these awesome glimpses. But he doesn't control a game like Cleary who grinds teams into the ground. I reckon Burton's kicking is good but not great. His running game however is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts