What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Gabba 11/8/23

Against Roosters, why not try:

1. Russell
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
4. Brown
5. Simonssen
6. Asi
7. Gutherson
9, Lussick
14. Hands (can cover 9 and 7 as needed)

Change it up and see whether some combos/new positions can work for next season.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I actually agree problem is next week he will be in the halves and Simmonson on the wing with Sivo...

Next year Asi needs to be our other centre

I wouldn't get that carried away, done his job for a backup, but we need to sign at least one, more like two quality outside backs.

Failing that then I'd give him a go to cement a spot.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Reality is this… the sky isn’t falling in. We’ve easily had the worst draw available on what is a completely uneven draw. We’ve been fked over by the judiciary and had an appalling run of injuries.

Our limitations in terms of outside backs has been exposed and it’s up to the club to rectify that for next season. A number of weeks ago I drew a line under this season as “one of those years”.

JokerEel

Coach
I wouldn't get that carried away, done his job for a backup, but we need to sign at least one, more like two quality outside backs.

Failing that then I'd give him a go to cement a spot.

I don't have faith in our Recruitment team to sign someone better..

Dick Penisini may be the only option

Bandwagon

Staff member
Against Roosters, why not try:

1. Russell
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
4. Brown
5. Simonssen
6. Asi
7. Gutherson
9, Lussick
14. Hands (can cover 9 and 7 as needed)

Change it up and see whether some combos/new positions can work for next season.

Nah, you'd maybe think about swapping the King and Drown, but we need ball playing from our fullback, and I aint seen anything from Russell that says he's that guy.

Besides, Russell's been doing a job on the wing, just needs more games there I reckon.

hindy111

Post Whore
Reality is this… the sky isn’t falling in. We’ve easily had the worst draw available on what is a completely uneven draw. We’ve been fked over by the judiciary and had an appalling run of injuries.

Our limitations in terms of outside backs has been exposed and it’s up to the club to rectify that for next season. A number of weeks ago I drew a line under this season as “one of those years”.

Sure. But having 100 points scored against you by Storm and Brisbane doesn't really fit the script. The ealr losses in season where fine. But we've gotten much worse as the better sides warmed up. Id say we've been lucky early on in season tbh

f**k him off