What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Gabba 11/8/23

hindy111

Post Whore
They're 3rd last mate, skite when they actually do something worth skiting about.

I'll bet you $250 they'll be a more dangerous side then we are over the next 3yrs.
They've had Kikau and the Pommy prop out all year and Josh Jackson on 800k counting against their cap..
I'm rarely wrong.

Parra Pride

Referee
Reality is this… the sky isn’t falling in. We’ve easily had the worst draw available on what is a completely uneven draw. We’ve been fked over by the judiciary and had an appalling run of injuries.

Our limitations in terms of outside backs has been exposed and it’s up to the club to rectify that for next season. A number of weeks ago I drew a line under this season as “one of those years”.
The only real shit part of the draw was a few weeks in a row of playing a team off the bye. We started the year slow and couldn’t beat any top teams when we were actually somewhat competitive, then apart from a little win streak in the middle it’s been shit performance after shit performance getting belted by teams that are actually a shot. If we couldn’t even fire up to play a team actively flaunting the premiership they cheated us out of we aren’t ever going to fire up.

JokerEel

Coach
Except I predicted whomwould be a powerhouse and going for a 3 peat.....

Please we can all see they were going to be a powerhouse.

They had the perfect plan bringing their spine through the grades together.

We had the best chance to do something similar with our Ball and Flegg team.

Bandwagon

Staff member
They are building and have cap space. We blasted ours on Davey,Murchie,Joe O, Lussick.... The season was f**ked. We had to bite the bullet, front load and build for 2024. Now we have dug a hole.
Blow it up and rebuild for 2026 imo.

We'll see. I reckon their caps not far off a mess. Coupla hotels might fix it but.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Sure. But having 100 points scored against you by Storm and Brisbane doesn't really fit the script. The ealr losses in season where fine. But we've gotten much worse as the better sides warmed up. Id say we've been lucky early on in season tbh

f**k him off
He’s not going anywhere. That’s a fact. Defence has been horrible the last few weeks. We are running on fumes.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
The only real shit part of the draw was a few weeks in a row of playing a team off the bye. We started the year slow and couldn’t beat any top teams when we were actually somewhat competitive, then apart from a little win streak in the middle it’s been shit performance after shit performance getting belted by teams that are actually a shot. If we couldn’t even fire up to play a team actively flaunting the premiership they cheated us out of we aren’t ever going to fire up.
It’s not just playing a team off a bye… it’s who those teams were. We were also the ONLY side in the entire NRL not to have a bye after an origin game. Five day turn around for a “home” game in Darwin. Five day turn around tonight too. Like I said, it was on the cards.

hindy111

Post Whore
Their cap is shit they have just spent a shit load on Chrighton upgraded thier 5/8 and wasted money on Reed

Crighton is playing like a gun right now and won Penrith a few games himself.
I'm confident the energy they play with will blast them into the top 8 next season and start pushing for a title.
We have to many guys who have their fat contracts and are bored. Time to freshen the joint up

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think the excuses of playing some teams coming from the bye early in the season are pretty weak and clutching at straws

We did beat Penrith for starters

Storm and sharks games were close, and we lost them IMO, rather than them winning it
They both had key players out and both games at Commbank
We also didn't have Matterson who should have been playing

Manly game we had some poor calls against us, in another close game

JokerEel

Coach
Crighton is playing like a gun right now and won Penrith a few games himself.
I'm confident the energy they play with will blast them into the top 8 next season and start pushing for a title.
We have to many guys who have their fat contracts and are bored. Time to freshen the joint up

100% at the moment we are both the same distance away from winning a competition and the dogs are on the way up (slowly) and we are on way down (fast)

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well I hope we look for improvements rather than excuses moving forward. Our game is old hat with a few offloads. Our D remains diabolical. We play such that Rex Mossop should be commentating.
If its true that we have a good crop of young ones coming through I hope we support them with good coaches and 2023 tactics. Progressing with the status quo could be very damaging.

JokerEel

Coach
I think the excuses of playing some teams coming from the bye early in the season are pretty weak and clutching at straws

We did bet Penrith for starters

Storm and sharks games were close, and we lost them IMO, rather than them winning it
We also didn't have Matterson who should have been playing

Manly game we had some poor calls against us, in another close game

There is no excuse this season we have had to get better in defence and it has not happened under BA even with players out we should be defending just as well.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think this season def exposed our depth. The next man up attitude shows we really have no men to step up. I blame many of our players (Matto, Drown, RCG) for f**king themselves over. I was elated by the GF entrance, but how do you paper over this? Next year is the focus now but what do we have if this happens again?
Next man up attitudes don't work when teams rely totally on the brilliance of the individual to do everything.