What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Gabba 11/8/23

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think the excuses of playing some teams coming from the bye early in the season are pretty weak and clutching at straws

We did beat Penrith for starters

Storm and sharks games were close, and we lost them IMO, rather than them winning it
They both had key players out and both games at Commbank
We also didn't have Matterson who should have been playing

Manly game we had some poor calls against us, in another close game

It all adds up, our draw is for sure on the tougher side of average, even without the timing of the byes. Then it's just been a shitfight of a season for losing blokes, and for multiple weeks.

Top that off with some close losses we coulda / shoulda won, it's just been one of them years. All teams have them.

Bandwagon

Staff member
They would have comfortably made the finals if they hadn’t had their points stripped. Point I’m making is that if you’re a well run club you don’t have to and it’s cope to say that it’s just one of those years.

.......and they had their points stripped because they were 1 million over a 4-4.5 million cap.

They sure as f**k had one of them years, just differently to the norm.

Besides, the exception doesn't disprove the rule, some clubs will have more shit years than others, whatever the reason.

lucablight

First Grade
.......and they had their points stripped because they were 1 million over a 4-4.5 million cap.

They sure as f**k had one of them years, just differently to the norm.

Besides, the exception doesn't disprove the rule, some clubs will have more shit years than others, whatever the reason.
When I say one of those years I’m talking about having mediocre results on field. They just don’t have those. I agree that it’s the minority position but since it’s demonstrably obtainable we should we aiming for that level of excellence as well.

Bandwagon

Staff member
When I say one of those years I’m talking about having mediocre results on field. They just don’t have those. I agree that it’s the minority position but since it’s demonstrably obtainable we should we aiming for that level of excellence as well.

Oh for sure, but sometimes you gotta accept shit happens.

Rhysa30

Juniors
He is just upbeat on the field which makes it look like he is putting more in even when he isnt. And also the terrible example he set last year with contract negotiations created the environmnet for the bad discipline this season starting with Matterson then Brown then RCG.
Definitely agree with you on the bad discipline. I still can’t understand how Matterson didn’t take the fine. Then of course Brown, RCG and add to that Sivo’s tackle technique. It’s been a season to forget.

Parra Pride

Referee
Seriously we are not a defensive team you are never winning a competition with shit defence.

When is the Bald Wanker going to figure this shit out
Never, he's a shit coach who has been carried by a mixture of us having a somewhat decent team the last couple of seasons and most other teams just deciding they don't feel like showing up so we've kept ending up in the top four somehow. I reckon an actual competent coach may have even been able to get us up for the Grand Final we arsed into last year, but hey at least his shit son scored a try when the game was already over so that's a win for the family I guess? We really need to f**k this fraud off, really wish we saw the light early enough to make a play for Hasler.

Parra Pride

Referee
I just want to say out Points against per game is worse than it was when we got the spoon in 18...
Hey man, we had the like the third or fourth best record on FA like five weeks ago! Too bad our fraud of a coach doesn't know how to get us playing well when shit actually f**king matters.

Parra Pride

Referee
They have a winning culture, it was built off the back of cheating but they've been able to maintain it afterwards. Meanwhile our massive cap rorting just continued our culture of not winning shit.

Latest posts