What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Gabba 11/8/23

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And did this bald pillock really say "we came to win"?

Does this fruit loop really dabble in pointless sporting truisms to this extent?

You can feel free to f**k right off, Bradley.
one of us GIF

TheRam

Coach
He's always right. As he said. They flogged the arse of us. I'll watch a movie

That's what I have been doing all season.

I watch on delay, then start to watch at normal speed and at the first hint of us playing like unprepared pillows, which by the way was in I think the third set last night, I start to fast forward.

Had it a x60 speed last night and the game was over in about 3 mins. So less stressful and can continue on binge watching Fear The Walking Dead. Problem was it felt like I was watching the walking clueless Parra zombies all over again. Can't seem to shake the fu*kers.

This is true by the way, that is exactly what I did and watched last night and generally my routine for every Parra game for the last couple of years now. I started just fast forwarding bits here and there, but now I just don't bother anymore. Just zip and bad juju be gone. Love it!

If the club and the imbeciles they employ can't be 'F' about it and obviously don't give a toss about us supporters, then why should I? They are obviously happy enough with these results, evidenced by them constantly renewing Potato Head as coach, so I am opting out with the only way that I know would hurt them and be better for my sanity over all and that is not attending games, watching them on TV or buying any merchandise. It's up to them to bring me back and only strong defense and premierships will do that after 37 fu*king years.

TheRam

Coach
It’s not just playing a team off a bye… it’s who those teams were. We were also the ONLY side in the entire NRL not to have a bye after an origin game. Five day turn around for a “home” game in Darwin. Five day turn around tonight too. Like I said, it was on the cards.

Sure woe is us.

TheRam

Coach
Never, he's a shit coach who has been carried by a mixture of us having a somewhat decent team the last couple of seasons and most other teams just deciding they don't feel like showing up so we've kept ending up in the top four somehow. I reckon an actual competent coach may have even been able to get us up for the Grand Final we arsed into last year, but hey at least his shit son scored a try when the game was already over so that's a win for the family I guess? We really need to f**k this fraud off, really wish we saw the light early enough to make a play for Hasler.

I would have gone for Flano.

TheRam

Coach
The cueball has lost his marbles, that presser was 2018 all over again. I said last year i hope we all enjoy the GF ride because it's going to set the club back 5 years. Have a look at the dross mid year signings??? Offa and Lussick we are stuck with for multi year deals ffs!! The scary thing is the Bald Tit is as safe as a bank. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get at least one more extension by the clueless boobs in charge.

What is it, 25 years is considered a life sentence in jail terms?

He's a lifer.

eels_fan

First Grade
6. Asi
7. Brown
Neither have a good long kicking game.
the only question is will the roosters score more than the broncos did against us.

Gazzamatta

Coach
A couple of months ago I really thought we'd made some system changes to our D and we were slowly seeing improvement finally in that area. This also bought more confidence with our A.
Then nek minit!
Unfortunately being a lifer, I have seen it all before and fall for it every year.
The issue is that nothing is ever sustainable and we quickly revert back to the Old Parra.
Our team is stale and as predictable as this season has been for me I remained hopeful.
I thought Dyl and Hoppy tried their backsides off last night.
Asi was ok in the centers and Mitch can be excused given his enormous bravery. Gutho tried hard and I thought Emu and Moretti added something.
I also think there was effort till the end but our systems are so poor no amount of effort will beat teams providing as much effort aligned with great skill and 2023 systems.
My greatest wish is we look to secure an NSW Cup coach that can progress all our good kids coming through. Someone with the ability to move with them into the top grade. Personally Id target Peter Wallace from The Pennys. We desperately need to tap into the systems Penrith/Cleary are/is using. They are the benchmark.
The Broncos were awesome last night. Bloody awesome to be truthful. A top 4 of Penrith, Brisbane, Storm and Warriors at their best will be great footy to watch. Go The Warriors, Brisbane, Storm and Pennys in that order.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
A couple of months ago I really thought we'd made some system changes to our D and we were slowly seeing improvement finally in that area. This also bought more confidence with our A.
Then nek minit!
Unfortunately being a lifer, I have seen it all before and fall for it every year.
The issue is that nothing is ever sustainable and we quickly revert back to the Old Parra.
Our team is stale and as predictable as this season has been for me I remained hopeful.
Asi was ok in the centers and Mitch can be excused given his enormous bravery. Gutho tried hard and I thought Emu and Moretti added something.
I also think there was effort till the end but our systems are so poor no amount of effort will beat teams providing as much effort aligned with great skill and 2023 systems.
My greatest wish is we look to secure an NSW Cup coach that can progress all our good kids coming through. Someone with the ability to move with them into the top grade. Personally Id target Peter Wallace from The Pennys. We desperately need to tap into the systems Penrith/Cleary are/is using. They are the benchmark.
The Broncos were awesome last night. Bloody awesome to be truthful. A top 4 of Penrith, Brisbane, Storm and Warriors at their best will be great footy to watch. Go The Warriors, Brisbane, Storm and Pennys in that order.
Agreed. Pains me to say it, but the Broncos are an exciting team to watch. Warriors have been excellent this year. Would love to see them win it after all of the sacrifices they made during COVID.

JokerEel

Coach
Then nek minit!

Why would we want a NSW coach that can develop players into first grade players?
We should be happy with what we have got in Cayless and a bunch of fill in players..

It's not like we have 30 NRL spots plus 4 development spots and Flegg contracted players that could be in NSW cup...

We should have a majority of RM cup players in NSW cup that's what the losers on this forum will tell you...

Latest posts