What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Gabba 11/8/23

Incorrect

Coach
The cueball has lost his marbles, that presser was 2018 all over again. I said last year i hope we all enjoy the GF ride because it's going to set the club back 5 years. Have a look at the dross mid year signings??? Offa and Lussick we are stuck with for multi year deals ffs!! The scary thing is the Bald Tit is as safe as a bank. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get at least one more extension by the clueless boobs in charge.
I hate to say it again and again but plenty of others around here repeat their nonsense ad nauseum so I might as well... But mid season signings are generally short sighted actions of desperate coach's/clubs given you generally end up having to bend over and give the player a year or 2 in addition to get them to sign. In our case this year, it has been a horrendous tactical response to our limitations. Joe O for 3 seasons, Lussick for 2 more after this year, Davey for 2024 FFS.... An Awful, just awful, outcome

Legal Eel

Juniors
They would definitely be cheating. It's interesting that Gordon Tallis made the comment last week on NRL 360 that no team in the past 5 years has one the premiership without cheating the cap. And the next night retracted his comment. Of course they're cheating the cap/ rorting the TPA system.
The salary cap system is a farce. But I do wonder why Parramatta can't seem to rort the TPA system in its favour. I really do.
No doubt they are cheating - but that isn’t the reason for our decline

hindy111

Post Whore
I hate to say it again and again but plenty of others around here repeat their nonsense and nauseum so I might as well... But mid season signings are generally short sighted actions of desperate coach's/clubs given you generally end up having to bend over and give the player a year or 2 in addition to get them to sign. In our case this year, it has been a horrendous tactical response to our limitations. Joe O for 3 seasons, Lussick for 2 more after this year, Davey for 2024 FFS.... An Awful, just awful, outcome

We could of had about 800k in cap space free next year and perhaps about 300k more if front loaded. That 1.1 mill we are now down.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I hate to say it again and again but plenty of others around here repeat their nonsense ad nauseum so I might as well... But mid season signings are generally short sighted actions of desperate coach's/clubs given you generally end up having to bend over and give the player a year or 2 in addition to get them to sign. In our case this year, it has been a horrendous tactical response to our limitations. Joe O for 3 seasons, Lussick for 2 more after this year, Davey for 2024 FFS.... An Awful, just awful, outcome
Hindy was spot on, the season was over after the Raiders game. Should of promoted some kids and banked most of that money to front end some players and had a real crack in 2025. Now we are stuck with shit overpayed players while any young juniors coming through will be vulnerable to being picked off by other clubs. Development club lol.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They have taken it down. Gol basically said that the team were pathetic and gave the whole performance an F. Even changed the Eels logo to a turd. Maybe Forty had second thoughts…
lol Cowards, might lose their access if they go too hard.

Incorrect

Coach
Is anyone happy at the thought of having Joe O until end of 25, Lussick until end of 25 and Davey until end of 24?? Davey FFS!! The Bulldogs couldn't wait to get rid of him - the f**kING BULLDOGS FFS. Let that sink in. Now we're stuck with him for a year longer than even a bottom 2 team wanted him for....

lingard

Coach
Never, he's a shit coach who has been carried by a mixture of us having a somewhat decent team the last couple of seasons and most other teams just deciding they don't feel like showing up so we've kept ending up in the top four somehow. I reckon an actual competent coach may have even been able to get us up for the Grand Final we arsed into last year, but hey at least his shit son scored a try when the game was already over so that's a win for the family I guess? We really need to f**k this fraud off, really wish we saw the light early enough to make a play for Hasler.
Or Flanagan.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is anyone happy at the thought of having Joe O until end of 25, Lussick until end of 25 and Davey until end of 24?? Davey FFS!! The Bulldogs couldn't wait to get rid of him - the f**kING BULLDOGS FFS. Let that sink in. Now we're stuck with him for a year longer than even a bottom 2 wanted him for....
We needed more experience lolz, we needed more workers to improve our defence lolz. Our defence has gotten worse with all of them in the team.

As someone who's watched a lot of Donkey's game i've seen plenty of Joe O, he's always been a solid at best middle that gets pretty damn lazy. I couldn't believe people were pulling themselves silly when it was said we were chasing him. Tigers dregs lol but till 2025???? The people making decisions at the club need to be asked some serious questions but that would take someone in the organisation putting on their big boy pants and being ruthless. All we have a board with no idea and a CEO who was the Auditors errand boy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seasons not days brother.

Fair enough.

But they choked - hard - in the most important game of the season.

Having said that, I do agree with your point that our organisation's culture is nowhere near what it should be.

As good as Brisbane are playing, it should NEVER be acceptable for what we hitherto thought was a genuine Premiership contender to concede 50+ points (indeed - 40+ on multiple occasions in one, single season).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just calmed down enough to watch the presser. Sound bites include
- effort was there
- we came to win
- We keep fighting
- tight knit
What worries me the most is these are the sort of things said by teams, whether they are sporting or business, who have a genuine lack of accountability as part of their culture.

While Brisbane COMPREHENSIVELY outplayed us, how on God's green Earth can this bald, dribbling, imbecile say "the effort was there"?

I'd hate to think what they score would have been if we DIDN'T try...

He's lost me.

f**k off, Brad - you're quickly becoming a cancer to this club.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just calmed down enough to watch the presser. Sound bites include
- effort was there
- we came to win
- We keep fighting
- tight knit
What worries me the most is these are the sort of things said by teams, whether they are sporting or business, who have a genuine lack of accountability as part of their culture.

And did this bald pillock really say "we came to win"?

Does this fruit loop really dabble in pointless sporting truisms to this extent?

You can feel free to f**k right off, Bradley.