What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Melbourne GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp 28/8/21

hindy111

Post Whore
I find the Papenshuizen/Nicho Hynes conundrum an interesting one. Do they need both and would they be better served with another forward on the bench? I tend to think they would. Spread the workload more amongst their forwards.

Hynes in centres is how I would roll.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Speed in scramble defense is something we had this week. It showed.
Dunsters simple draw and pass looked natural. Sivo on such a simple play I wouldn't be even confident he would execute it. Id lean towards him making it look hard.

Going off sivo's history he wouldnt even look to pass and just try to run over the fullback

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's for the coaching staff to sort out, which incidentally, should have been done by now.
You can't change a player too much, especially after he arrives at your club in his mid-20s (but looking at least 40). Sivo has four try assists in his career, which is at least more than zero. Dunster is a more natural footballer, and he has as many TAs as tries this year, with 3 in 10 games. But Ferguson has three this year as well, in 15 games. Last year he only had one in 20 games.

84 Baby

Referee
Was about to say that guy looks like he shat himself when given the punishment, but then I realised it’s Robbo and that’s how he always looks and Uncle Nick will play a round of golf with him coincidentally for $20k

Eelogical

Referee
You can't change a player too much, especially after he arrives at your club in his mid-20s (but looking at least 40). Sivo has four try assists in his career, which is at least more than zero. Dunster is a more natural footballer, and he has as many TAs as tries this year, with 3 in 10 games. But Ferguson has three this year as well, in 15 games. Last year he only had one in 20 games.
Sivo could be a career player in the NRL, but something happened after his first season in the top grade (which produced the top try scorer for the year). So what happened? Second/third year syndrome, injuries, couldn't be farked after reaching such heights, living the good life, coaching?

lingard

Coach
Me and Gary predicted a close game.
I didn't expect a win. I thought we had given up and something was going on behind scenes the way we had been playing. I genuinely thought BA lost the dressing room.
I can't explain how we've turned that around. Teams who been up for a long time can get bored and only get up for big occasions. I am sure a few of us can relate to that......
So I just need a big occasion?

lingard

Coach
Shut up.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Sivo could be a career player in the NRL, but something happened after his first season in the top grade (which produced the top try scorer for the year). So what happened? Second/third year syndrome, injuries, couldn't be farked after reaching such heights, living the good life, coaching?

Bulked him up too much i reckon he had more speed and acceleration in his first year he was scoring 70-80m tries i remember a couple against St George where he swatted away Dufty after making a break from a kick return.

There was another one against the warriors i remember watching it on my phone as i was in europe at the time i think it was Blake ayshford he turned him into a turnstile

hindy111

Post Whore

Teams seen him and constructed a game plan.
Frustrating is he will do the odd big charge. But most are no better then Dunsters