What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Melbourne GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp 28/8/21

strider

Post Whore
Me and Gary predicted a close game.
I didn't expect a win. I thought we had given up and something was going on behind scenes the way we had been playing. I genuinely thought BA lost the dressing room.
I can't explain how we've turned that around. Teams who been up for a long time can get bored and only get up for big occasions. I am sure a few of us can relate to that......
20 wins in a row wasn't a big occaission?

felise kaufusi's 150th wasn't a big occaission? .... maybe his teammates hate him too?

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree. It was a big occasion for the Storm. Not sure what Hindy was thinking.

Ffs. I was talking about our last 6 weeks. We been up for 2019,2020,2021 with this squad or bulk of it. It is hard sometimes to stay focussed like the Storm do.

Even Panthers are questionable. 2yrs at the top is hardly a dynasty. Lets see how they go the next 2yrs.

Gronk

Staff member
Soward is obsessed with were has the Eels form been and refused to concede that we played better than storm or are even capable of playing that good again and BTW storm have been overtrained anyway.

crocodile

Bench
Soward is obsessed with were has the Eels form been and refused to concede that we played better than storm or are even capable of playing that good again and BTW storm have been overtrained anyway.

The runaway try EGJ scored from a Soward intercept still haunts him 12 years on.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ffs. I was talking about our last 6 weeks. We been up for 2019,2020,2021 with this squad or bulk of it. It is hard sometimes to stay focussed like the Storm do.

Even Panthers are questionable. 2yrs at the top is hardly a dynasty. Lets see how they go the next 2yrs.
I know mate, I was just being a penis head.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Stats from the game
nrl.com

Possession: Eels - 51%

Completion: Eels 90% - 37/41
Storm 69% - 29-42

Line breaks: Storm 7-4

Missed tackles: Storm 34
Eels 29

Penalties Eels 6-3

Inside 10 - Storm 3-2

Ruck Infringements Eels 4-1 (laughable Storm didn't get more than us)

Errors Storm 12-11

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Stats from the game
nrl.com

Possession: Eels - 51%

Completion: Eels 90% - 37/41
Storm 69% - 29-42

Line breaks: Storm 7-4

Missed tackles: Storm 34
Eels 29

Penalties Eels 6-3

Inside 10 - Storm 3-2

Ruck Infringements Eels 4-1 (laughable Storm didn't get more than us)

Errors Storm 12-11
Pretty decisive victory to the Storm on line breaks. Thought we scrambled and reset better in defence than we have for a long time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But but but but our tactics didn’t change at al apparently??? 🤔
Since the Souths game there's definitely been a lot less offloads. Unfortunately the first game with f**k all offloads was the Manly flogging. Maybe it took some getting used to, but the problem in that game was no defensive effort from the kickoff.

Latest posts