What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: Parra v Melbourne GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp 28/8/21

Bandwagon

Staff member
So we have learned UHF's a midget, yet higher than Shortwave, neither are taller, but Shorty is longer.

The things you learn on a RL forum constantly astound me.

yy_cheng

Coach
Did you see how easily papenhauseun ragged doll Nikko?
Skinny bustard but strong

Nikko would be around 100kgs

hindy111

Post Whore
Thanks hindsight111. Where were the predictions of an eels win. Even a close game ?

Me and Gary predicted a close game.
I didn't expect a win. I thought we had given up and something was going on behind scenes the way we had been playing. I genuinely thought BA lost the dressing room.
I can't explain how we've turned that around. Teams who been up for a long time can get bored and only get up for big occasions. I am sure a few of us can relate to that......

Gronk

Staff member
Me and Gary predicted a close game.
I didn't expect a win. I thought we had given up and something was going on behind scenes the way we had been playing. I genuinely thought BA lost the dressing room.
I can't explain how we've turned that around. Teams who been up for a long time can get bored and only get up for big occasions. I am sure a few of us can relate to that......
So your explanation for the win is that Storm had an off night ? Not because we outplayed them ? Not that our effort areas made them play bad ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I also thought there might be huge problems behind the scenes. The game plan didn't suddenly turn to shit like some dopey merkins were suggesting. Just the execution had become very poor.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can you believe some merkins even wanted BA sacked?? Crazy at least a few of us stuck solid. In BA we trust!!
That win might've had nothing to do with BA, but the recent losses might also have not been his fault. Coaches can't stop every problem from developing, but they do need to be part of the solution. I like the way our team bounces back.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That win might've had nothing to do with BA, but the recent losses might also have not been his fault. Coaches can't stop every problem from developing, but they do need to be part of the solution. I like the way our team bounces back.
Yeah it’s no ones fault, it’s just exciting how we bounced back and ambushed the merkins!!

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Sivo and Opacic out injured were a blessing in disguise for us

Sivo is just too one dimensional, and has appeared either unfit or lazy a lot of this year

Penisini and Dunsters pace and footwork cant be underestimated in the win, was epic compared to what we have been having out wide, and also for kick returns

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I find the Papenshuizen/Nicho Hynes conundrum an interesting one. Do they need both and would they be better served with another forward on the bench? I tend to think they would. Spread the workload more amongst their forwards.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think Sivo and Opacic out injured were a blessing in disguise for us

Sivo is just too one dimensional, and has appeared either unfit or lazy a lot of this year

Penisini and Dunsters pace and footwork cant be underestimated in the win, was epic compared to what we have been having out wide, and also for kick returns
i would add in Lane and maybe Matto as well

we've also introduced some fresh blood who have more enthusiam

lucablight

First Grade
I find the Papenshuizen/Nicho Hynes conundrum an interesting one. Do they need both and would they be better served with another forward on the bench? I tend to think they would. Spread the workload more amongst their forwards.

Stop giving Craig Bellamy ideas to solve the conundrum. We want one less opponent to worry about. Whose side are you on?