What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd9: Parra v Knights GAME DAY thread 12/7/20

Sphagnum

Coach
This is how I saw the game.

We had little energy. N.Brown and Niakuore and RCG where only 3 who had some.

Blake needs to get his hands dirty. A poultry 33mtrs. Get involved and hit it up Few. Lazy player. Very disappointing.

D.Brown was hot and cold. He butchered the first half try and took silly option a few times but also put in some gems of kicks.
Mahoney took control of the game. Best game he has played imo. He was to cool head on the field.The leader.

We did have no Moses and lost D.Brown for 15mins. Defense was great and we won with low energy and playing ordinary. That's a good sign.

We also had no Stone,Kafusi and Evans or Terepo. All of these would play prior to Gower, Stefano or Taka. But there impact isn't as huge a loss as Moses.

Fergo needs a rest I reckon. He looks tired. I don't have an issue rotating players and keeping them fresh. Taka could fill in for a week.
Field made 2 try scoring tackle saves. He played a role winning the game. His attach and general halfback ability is average though.
2/2 without Moses speaks volumes.
Fergo 17 runs for 142 meters. Was huge starting out sets like last week

Eelogical

Referee
Lost in attack, but defence was rock solid, that kind of scrappy win will serve us well.

These are the kind of games we would normally just find a way to lose, so I really don't mind seeing us win like that at all, especially in Newcastle.
Resolute in defence, wayward in attack. Eels had more than their share of bad decisions and 50/50 calls against them. I thought they won the hard way. I would use the term 'gritty'. We're winning the majority of the close ones this season, so I'm happy with that.

Bandwagon

Staff member
i thought that’s why the gave the Knights the penalty to make sure to keep them with a chance in the game.

As it turned out we never even got a look to see if our challenge was valid, cause Ponga ran into Mahoney rather than at Gutho, wasn't even an obstruction for mine, they were side by side and Gutho was running f**king backwards

Gronk

Staff member
So you reckon Stefano is in trouble for hugging every Poly in the grandstand? What happened to Benji when he kissed that reporter? Has the bubble rules advanced since then ?

Soto

Bench
So just to get this straight..
Waqa will get 2 weeks for trying to legitimately trying to tackle a bloke, yet Mitchell deliberately tries to take Reynolds head off and gets 2 weeks and an effin fine for the the other high shot on Garner. MRC in fine form. Almost as good as Gerry today. Blow that whistle ref..

Soto

Bench
The "high" shot on a fallen ponga by Blake was an atrocious call.
Yeah but it was on Ponga...
Penalty, on report, suspension every day of the week.
Don't you know you're not allowed to go near Ponga. If you do, penalty Knoughts

Noise

Coach
Haven't read the thread and may have missed it in the commentary but what happened to Junior? Injured or just left on the bench?

TheParraboy

Staff member
So you reckon Stefano is in trouble for hugging every Poly in the grandstand? What happened to Benji when he kissed that reporter? Has the bubble rules advanced since then ?

Will most likely have to get tested and isolate . Wouldnt be surprised if he was kept away from the other players/ the bubble after those hugs

chiefy1

Bench

Benji had to isolate for a week or more I'm sure. He also was banned from training with the group

Noise

Coach
Yep, they will suspend him and he will have to get tested and possibly everyone that goes in the sheds with him, ie. the whole f**ken team and coaching staff. Stupid f**king idiot.