What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe put their hand up

Every time I look at Brisbane on maps I think it would be perfect for a North Brisbane and South Brisbane split by the river. It would be a great rivalry.
Piss the Broncos off or call them South Brisbane Broncos.
I'd love to see the Broncos thrown out. Maybe send them to Ipswich or call them the West Brisbane Broncos.

It really shits me that in QLD (and maybe NSW, I'm not sure) there seems to be the need to give equity to AFL whereas in the AFL states it's ok to openly give AFL a leg-up.
I'd love to know if the Logan City Council was bribed by AwFuL to shift the Springwood Pumas fumbleball club from Lowe Oval to Cronulla Park.

The QRL met with the LCC a few weeks ago to discuss leasing Heritage Park, out near Browns Plains.

For all you Sydney folk who aren't familiar with Logan, many of the streets around Cronulla Park in Slacks Creek are named after Sydney RL clubs.

Cronulla Court
Parramatta Road
Balmain Street
Brookvale Drive

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'd love to know if the Logan City Council was bribed by AwFuL to shift the Springwood Pumas fumbleball club from Lowe Oval to Cronulla Park.

The QRL met with the LCC a few weeks ago to discuss leasing Heritage Park, out near Browns Plains.

For all you Sydney folk who aren't familiar with Logan, many of the streets around Cronulla Park in Slacks Creek are named after Sydney RL clubs.

Cronulla Court
Parramatta Road
Balmain Street
Brookvale Drive

Mate I can give you a hint. The President of the Springwood Pumas (who I know personally) is very tight with the local State Member of Springwood Mick De Brenni. De Brenni's son played at the club and does a lot of favours for AFL in the region.

Love it or hate it, RL needs to get way better at buttering up politicians that can do us favours. The AFL crowd are experts at it.

Mate I can give you a hint. The President of the Springwood Pumas (who I know personally) is very tight with the local State Member of Springwood Mick De Brenni. De Brenni's son played at the club and does a lot of favours for AFL in the region.

Love it or hate it, RL needs to get way better at buttering up politicians that can do us favours. The AFL crowd are experts at it.
I'll be putting de Brenni last on my ballot sheet. I live in his electorate.

T-Boon

Coach

This is one of the main ways that RL pays a price for being proudly working class (or actually increasingly dero class if you ask me). Its very difficult to get connections to the big end of town. Its difficult to get the knuckle draggers at NRL club level to understand that money needs to get spent to grease the wheel.

siv

First Grade
I think we may see the Broncos transformed somehow into the Brisbane Easts team as soon as News Ltd want out

Storm maybe the only issue with the Redcluffe bid having strong ties with Brisbane Norths and the Sunshine Coast. Redcliffe bid hurts Melbourne more than the Broncos

Gold Coast covers the south Brisbane region

greenBV4

Bench
I think we may see the Broncos transformed somehow into the Brisbane Easts team as soon as News Ltd want out

Storm maybe the only issue with the Redcluffe bid having strong ties with Brisbane Norths and the Sunshine Coast. Redcliffe bid hurts Melbourne more than the Broncos

Gold Coast covers the south Brisbane region
Melbourne are feedered up with SC & Easts now not Norths
Warriors are feedered with Redcliffe

Both clubs have stated their support for the respective bids

greenBV4

Bench
for reference:
Broncos - Norths, Souths, Capras, WM Seagulls
Melbourne - Easts, SC
Warriors - Redcliffe
Titans - Bears, Tweed Seagulls
Newcastle - Jets
Cowboys - Mackay, Blackhawks, Pride

PNG the only non-affiliated club

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
for reference:
Broncos - Norths, Souths, Capras, WM Seagulls
Melbourne - Easts, Redcliffe
Titans - Bears, Tweed Seagulls
Newcastle - Jets
Cowboys - Mackay, Blackhawks, Pride

PNG the only non-affiliated club

Aren't Melbourne with Sunshine Coast Falcons and Broncos have Redcliffe? don't tell me its changed again

"There was no failing [with the Crushers]. They were actually kicked out of the competition with money in the bank," Gould said on his Six Tackles with Gus podcast last year.​

"They were financially viable, that was just political. That was the fact that the Brisbane Broncos were owned primarily by the media company; (News Corp) just flushed them out of town, they didn't want them there as competition.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/expans...edcliffe/dab74d5d-8553-4cbf-b9f6-a7b801725ef7

I tried telling TGD that a few months ago, but he claimed it was all untrue.

"We picked up the first million-dollar sponsor, XXXX Gold, nobody had a million-dollar sponsor at that time. They were heady days, good days and I really enjoyed it.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/expans...edcliffe/dab74d5d-8553-4cbf-b9f6-a7b801725ef7

Broncos were probably jealous of this.