What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson Leaving

BennyV

Referee
This is insane.

Based on what? Carving up in premier league ? Could you imagine what Mcinness would do in premier league ?

Come on guys let’s be real here if the club was forced to make a decision between mcinness and Robson right now there is no way you can they can with someone who is yet to prove himself in first grade as opposed to Mcinness who was brilliant for us last year.

I get that Robson has not had the chance to prove himself properly in first grade but the reason for this is because of the form of Mcinness.

It would be crazy to release Mcinness to keep Robson, heck why hell didn’t we release Soward to keep Beau Henry? Geez that would of worked well
It’s not about releasing McInnes to retain Robson. It’s about giving Robson reasonable game time. Considering that McInnes has shown fatigue over the last 2 seasons and many of us have been moaning about him getting some game-to-game respite, it’s a very easy (and logical) thing to do.

We should be building his minutes over the next 2 years and THEN making a call about who we sign long term.

- Robson is a gun
- McInnis' long term contract means it will be hard to keep him.
- Muzby can be funny but is sometimes too desperate for attention and in this case got caught up in an act of pedantry.
- Jimmy's faux outrage wasn't convincing and he probably should just ignore him next time.

nontime111

Juniors
it wont be hard to keep Robson if Mary goes with my prefered option of a 2 Hooker team......thats how we won the GF in 2010 with Fien and Young tag teaming.....Id rather lose Field than Robson, sad to say but true... but ultimately piss Aitken and Lafai off and damn well sign Robson!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
muzby was inappropriate with his questioning
He loves to put the pressure on with his “witty” know it all redponses where he wants to hand out English lessons and redefine people’s posts.

As the great, late Keith Miller once said “Pressure is a Messerschmitt flying up your arse”. Comparatively, Muzby is (among many things) a smart arse, sophist and dilettante.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Can I say,

McInnes is awesome but I can understand the fatigue point.

In general a 2 hooker option is NOT good

Robson seems like a star we should keep

A good coach and a management should determine if they agree, and if so, they should try to find a way.

My biggest concern over last few years is not retention etc. It is not resting players and not giving youth a chance. Let’s hope this season changes things somewhat.

possm

Coach
Exactly how it's done

And at his age and level of first grade experience, Robson may feel very comfortable with the further development and incentive to show his talents over the next two to three years at the Dragons.

Dufty signed an extension and I hope Robson signs as well. It will be up to Millward to close the deal. Even though McInnes is a Mary favourite, we really do not have a backup hooker ready to go. Robson can be that backup now and eventually be our first option for the 9 jumper.

Old Timer

Coach
No. It means that you’ve both demonstrated poor comprehension.
Always beware a man that starts his sentence with no as the prospects of convincing him of anything other than his own viewpoint is already answered for you.
Well might we be poor at comprehension but you have demonstrated absolutely none.
You have been easily taken in by muzby’s fake attempt at humour after being held to account for being inappropriate which is what he loves to try and do to others.

SBD82

Coach
Always beware a man that starts his sentence with no as the prospects of convincing him of anything other than his own viewpoint is already answered for you.
No doubt you are correct.
Well might we be poor at comprehension but you have demonstrated absolutely none.
You have been easily taken in by muzby’s fake attempt at humour after being held to account for being inappropriate which is what he loves to try and do to others.
This is just fluff. You can do better. 3/10.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Not sure why you don’t seem to understand there is nothing inappropriate in what I’ve said..

Moods are not mental illness, they are emotions..

“Held to account”? By whom?

You can keep up the outrage if it makes you feel good, but just be aware that it really is making you look like quite the twat..

st.phil

Bench
This is insane.

Based on what? Carving up in premier league ? Could you imagine what Mcinness would do in premier league ?

Come on guys let’s be real here if the club was forced to make a decision between mcinness and Robson right now there is no way you can they can with someone who is yet to prove himself in first grade as opposed to Mcinness who was brilliant for us last year.

I get that Robson has not had the chance to prove himself properly in first grade but the reason for this is because of the form of Mcinness.

It would be crazy to release Mcinness to keep Robson, heck why hell didn’t we release Soward to keep Beau Henry? Geez that would of worked well
opinions mate - it's a forum

denis preston

First Grade
No doubt you are correct.

This is just fluff. You can do better. 3/10.

ANOTHER thread ruined by childish name calling. I'd love a system where when this starts it automatically goes to a designated Bitch fight thread and we don't have to shift through pages of vitriol to get back to the topic.

SBD82

Coach
ANOTHER thread ruined by childish name calling. I'd love a system where when this starts it automatically goes to a designated Bitch fight thread and we don't have to shift through pages of vitriol to get back to the topic.
Feel free to hit the report button and have all this shit sent to the swamp. That’s probably where it belongs.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that it will automatically improve the threads though. Every thread is the same mundane speculative shit at the moment.

Bring on the footy.

Latest posts