What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 Vs Brisbane

Panfa

Juniors
He actually had his contract downgraded over the Summer to a trial-and-train. He was a Dev player.
What happens with him and a few others the next week will be interesting.
How is riki not in the top 30 he played well for the nz maori boys against the indigenous team.

Blade23

Juniors
How is riki not in the top 30 he played well for the nz maori boys against the indigenous team.

Only so many spots. Other options were seen to be more ahead of him. I don't mean in just his position.

Also to give him an encouragement to fight for a spot.
I must say he has been very impressive since the downgrade.

Black Panther

Juniors
May isnt 6ft ? Why would it be any different.
A bit different being smaller but having no First Grade experience. May played 21 games last year, versus Turuva a Rookie who is normally a Fullback coming into First Grade He May well cover the void, but in my opinion Critta can play Wing and we can get experience for the others staying.

Crashtest

Juniors
A bit different being smaller but having no First Grade experience. May played 21 games last year, versus Turuva a Rookie who is normally a Fullback coming into First Grade He May well cover the void, but in my opinion Critta can play Wing and we can get experience for the others staying.

I think we should worry about getting guys experience for next season, next season.

This season we have a premiership to try and win, so we need to pick our best two centres at centre. Crichton is one of them, so that’s where he should stay.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Many in the media are saying Tyrone Peachy for the 14 rather than Soni Luke.

I was of the impression that Luke would partner Kenny......

Has something perhaps changed ?

hindy111

Post Whore
Many in the media are saying Tyrone Peachy for the 14 rather than Soni Luke.

I was of the impression that Luke would partner Kenny......

Has something perhaps changed ?

Salmon should be the 14 I think? Bench seems small if end up with Salmon and Luke on it.

I agree with this. Even if the coaches had stayed. You need to keep evolving. Other clubs either start copying you or find ways to nullify what you are doing.
Evolution not revolution though; the game plan of ‘we are going to better than you for 80 minutes, if you can keep up you will have a chance to win it in the last 20 mins’ is pretty simple and tough to beat. We’ll obviously need to do a few different things this year with no Kiks or Api, but moving too far away from that philosophy feels like a mistake.

Ivan’s MO has also always been to make the opposition sides need to beat his teams, rather than giving the game away.

luv my panfas

Juniors
I honestly though we were looking at a potential binning after the first replays of it. But the NRL deemed it to be fine. Only ended a players season. Not even worth a penalty.

Being it happened to Taylan May no one will care he's out for the year.
Yes the hate has started already Manly used it for years I hope we can maintain the rage I personally felt for the kid but many would love what happened

Iamback

Coach
Evolution not revolution though; the game plan of ‘we are going to better than you for 80 minutes, if you can keep up you will have a chance to win it in the last 20 mins’ is pretty simple and tough to beat. We’ll obviously need to do a few different things this year with no Kiks or Api, but moving too far away from that philosophy feels like a mistake.

Ivan’s MO has also always been to make the opposition sides need to beat his teams, rather than giving the game away.

That worked when he was coaching poor teams, Those mid table teams effort gets results. Pushing for top 4 and premierships teams need attack to go with great defence, history has shown

Murraymob1

Juniors
He admitted he was overweight and has lost weight that is a start.
Who else in the squad looks like they can create something from nothing? Pretty much any top side you need unpredictablity to beat
He has not created anything for a few years.I see his only hope of breaking the 17 is injury or converting to hooker

Crashtest

Juniors
He has not created anything for a few years.I see his only hope of breaking the 17 is injury or converting to hooker
Peachey actually played well for the Titans in his last year there in 2021 and was a big part of them making the top 8 that year. which was why the Tigers were willing to sign him on a two year deal to bring him back to Sydney.

It was last season with the Tigers that was a poor season, but him and Maguire were never going to work. Ivan has challenged and encouraged him to train hard and lose weight and got him to a weight level he hasnt been at since the last time he was a Panther, without having to yell and scream at him Maguire style.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Peachey thrive this year as a Panther and end up being a regular in the 17.

Latest posts