What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

gustarny

Juniors
Lussick did play about 30 minutes vs Manly but i wouldnt expect much more out of him round one if he plays.

hindy111

Post Whore
Morgans been around for 2 and a half years in a weak side.His defense used to be ordinary and is now rock solid.His attack is quite good, has genuine speed and in a good side would be looking a lot better.
I used to think he was useless, but I like this kid.I doubt he will ever be a superstar but with a thing called the salary cap he offers great value and should be looked at as a centre at our club for the next 5 yrs.
You could put morris or Jennings in the centres at parra and they would look like busted.If morgan played at one of the top clubs he would be talked about!!

I still think with the theory of pick your best 17 he is in it and Hayne /Norman halves morgan/Tonga centres and hoppa fullback with sio and whoever else on the wing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I also think he is in our best 17, but that pushes Hopoate to the wing, which the coach has decided against.

I'm keen to see what R-fez does with him, to be honest.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Actually had the pleasure of speaking to the great man the other day. He actually spent the summer in Nepal and has come back 'enlightened' and much more spiritual being.

The trip gave him a whole new strategy with lemons. He actually plans on inserting whole quarter wedges of lemon directly into the players eye sockets as a sort of dual eye-patch. The idea is to keep them inserted throughout an entire game to help toughen the players up, as well as teach them to play on 'instinct' and use all there senses considering they will in effect be blind for 80 minutes.

Some real Shaolin Monk Sh*t.

Hindy is a genius. The lemon factor will easily propel us into the top 4.

caylo

Bench
He played prop last year as well. It's just that we often used one in the 13 jersey.

Yep I agree with this, what number terepo plays in probably depends on who else makes up the backrow. If guys like Ma'u, Edwards, Loko and Kelepi are firing then I think he will play more in the frontrow (8 or 10) but if those guys are injured or dont fire then he will probably play as a small forward/tight backrower (#13) similar to how Gallen and Watmough play at club level.
I think he is better off coming off the bench and adding punch to the frontrow because when he pays in the backrow it makes our forward pack less mobile as a unit (due to poor lateral movements of 3 props on the field). This generally means we start to see us giving too much space and leaking points around edges. For this reason I am against Mossop or Lussick playing in the #13 because I think they have poor lateral movement while Terepo is more mobile and would improve that aspect I still don't think its ideal and would much prefer Edwards or even Smith to cover that type of role.

Avenger

Immortal
Yep I agree with this, what number terepo plays in probably depends on who else makes up the backrow. If guys like Ma'u, Edwards, Loko and Kelepi are firing then I think he will play more in the frontrow (8 or 10) but if those guys are injured or dont fire then he will probably play as a small forward/tight backrower (#13) similar to how Gallen and Watmough play at club level.
I think he is better off coming off the bench and adding punch to the frontrow because when he pays in the backrow it makes our forward pack less mobile as a unit (due to poor lateral movements of 3 props on the field). This generally means we start to see us giving too much space and leaking points around edges. For this reason I am against Mossop or Lussick playing in the #13 because I think they have poor lateral movement while Terepo is more mobile and would improve that aspect I still don't think its ideal and would much prefer Edwards or even Smith to cover that type of role.

Which is why I think that in the long term Santi will be our lock. Come 2015 our forwards will be:

13. Santi

12. Tanginoa

11. Mau

10. Lussick

9. Peats

8. Mannah

14. Edwards

15. Terepo

16. Allgood

17. Pauli

Can't say anything about Mossop as I have never seen him play. Junior Paulo could come in if we make a decision not to re-sign Mannah for 2015.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Junior Paulo has shown more in the nrl then Pauli has - Pauli may over take him one day but for me junior is picked in front of him

Forty20

First Grade
Santi is the more decorated of the two but I wouldn't be drafting him into any future rosters over Joseph Ualesi just yet.

Unless Junior Paulo has regressed since last season I would be looking to have him back into first grade as soon as possible. He is the most dynamic prop at the club and provides an important variable in our rotation.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
So where is Junior then? He was my first picked on the bench but I dont think he has been sighted in any trial so far?

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Santi is the more decorated of the two but I wouldn't be drafting him into any future rosters over Joseph Ualesi just yet.

Ualesi is another that hasn't been sighted at the trials (Santi too for that matter), is Santi that far off First grade this year?

Delboy

First Grade
Saw Ualesi today at the club in the recovery room with the physio, as always he was smiling, may be fit for the first round

Junior Paulo is a week or two away as well, no need to push the young blokes, it is a long season

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Junior Paulo might be injured, or he might be in a legal dispute with the club over his out clause, now that Manly is looking for another front rower.

Latest posts