What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

Daneel

Bench
Just watched the press conference. Hope the boys dont get thirsty and accidently pick up the fountain sauce instead of the powerade. :lol:

Delboy

First Grade
Couldn't agree more. I'd put Allgood there before Paulo.

Just think where we could aim, if we had a 7 and not Sef Paulo but Jnr Paulo, Peni did not play well tonight. jury still out on Kelly, very bland and needs to add something to his game, like goal kicking or effective kicking in general play , something he doesn't have that at the moment

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just watched the press conference. Hope the boys dont get thirsty and accidently pick up the fountain sauce instead of the powerade. :lol:

I waiting for Arthur to tell us "there will be some dark days ahead and some floggings "

Parraren

Bench
Mau is dead set made of granite.

I was at the ground and I felt the vibration from some of his hits in the second half.

Gotta love these bargain bin buys when they come good.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just think where we could aim, if we had a 7 and not Sef Paulo but Jnr Paulo, Peni did not play well tonight. jury still out on Kelly, very bland and needs to add something to his game, like goal kicking or effective kicking in general play , something he doesn't have that at the moment

I can see your point but we didnt need to do a lot of kicking tonight but also it was obviously the side had a few set plays we we executed pretty good, so Kelly should get some credit for that.

But one of the big reasons I reckon Kelly is there is his defence. He can tackle, we defended pretty good on our line normally sandow is targeted successfully, today our halves couldn't be broken.

Haynzy

First Grade
Both Ma'u and Edwards put on a couple of great hits tonight. So awesome to see.

BennyBoy

Juniors
This ^^

Daneel

Bench
I waiting for Arthur to tell us "there will be some dark days ahead and some floggings "

I watched rickys press conference as well to see if he said that about the raiders. He didn't, but he did say they are a young team and you expect this sort of thing to happen to young teams. So I'm assuming he expects them to blow more good leads as the season goes on. Also very disappointed in toovey, never once said ridiculous or called for an investigation.

caylo

Bench
I think our halves was pretty good tonight, they distributed and ran well and realistically with the game Ma'u was having plus Tonga and Hoppa out wide they didn't have to do much else. Kellys kicking was generally good but would like to see over the next few rounds in regards to attacking kicks.

When was the last time we scored 7 tries and Hayne wasn't the highlight? This just means that when we are up against a much stronger opponent, because lets be honest the Warriors were average today, we have other avenues to produce points.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think our halves was pretty good tonight, they distributed and ran well and realistically with the game Ma'u was having plus Tonga and Hoppa out wide they didn't have to do much else. Kellys kicking was generally good but would like to see over the next few rounds in regards to attacking kicks.

When was the last time we scored 7 tries and Hayne wasn't the highlight? This just means that when we are up against a much stronger opponent, because lets be honest the Warriors were average today, we have other avenues to produce points.

And that hoppa and Norman, while good, were also quiet - shows there is a lot of attacking options in our side.

Forty20

First Grade
Both Ma'u and Edwards put on a couple of great hits tonight. So awesome to see.

Edwards nailed one Warrior with a glorious textbook tackle towards the backend of the game that forced an error. Edwards was off the ground in a flash and was so pumped for the hit. The energy and intent was awesome to witness.

There was also that one set where we positively belted the Warriors in every tackle. You could hear the impact of every hit from the sideline. I'm pretty certain it was the set that started with Tomkins practically jumping into our kick chase, where he was promptly dumpstered.

natheel

Coach
We made better metres with moi moi and Mannah on. Lussick gets dominated easily. Peni is a good hard runner.

My thoughts on the new guys and debutants

Hopoate: solid for his first hit out. Lost some speed and will wake up sore tomorrow. Thought he adds that touch of class we lacked out wide almost got his own try too. 7/10

Norman: solid without being great. Did his job. Passed well ran well again made the defence second guess a couple times. Was good to get that ball off the rebound of Tomkins head and quickly pass for the try. Not a goal kicker. 6.5/10

Peats: our best of the new guys. Awesome work rate never shyed away from the hard work. Made some great runs while warriors were napping definitely quicker around the ruck with him there 9/10

Ma'u: beast of a guy. Runs with purpose. Threw a couple of balls that he should've held onto but he will learn from it. Hits hard too. 8.5/10

Good effort. Our edges are vulnerable though

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How good was Sam Tompkins, he would have realised tonight after playing last years wooden spooners, no game is easy in the nrl

Daneel

Bench
How good was Sam Tompkins, he would have realised tonight after playing last years wooden spooners, no game is easy in the nrl

I was thinking the same thing. Welcome to the big time son.
I'm sure he will be a success but it's gonna be a lot tougher then he could have imagined.

Daneel

Bench
On a side note, I'm looking forward to the league week coming out this week for the first time since well since this time last year.

Latest posts