What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

yy_cheng

Coach
Couldn't agree more. I'd put Allgood there before Paulo.

I would have Junior Paulo and Loko when they return ahead of Allgood. Allgood gets dominated too much. And then there is Mossop.

I would like

13. Kelepi
12. Mau
11. Smith
10. Fui
9. Peats
8. Mannah

14. Junior Paulo
15. Loko
16 & 17. Mossop/Peni/Lussick/Edwards

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought Joseph went ok.Made a lot of tackles-Didn't throw any silly balls but still the defense seemed to be in two minds when he has the ball. Offers more than Allgood who will just give Mannah-MoiMoi and Lussick less minutes.Is that an advantage?

I reckon the coach has told him what to change in his game and he has worked on it. I see no reason to drop him yet.

Our biggest concern was goal kicking-Joe did kick better than Norman

yy_cheng

Coach
Hayne used to kick. Now that he doesnt have to do so much. Maybe he should get in touch with Burty

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought Joseph went ok.Made a lot of tackles-Didn't throw any silly balls but still the defense seemed to be in two minds when he has the ball. Offers more than Allgood who will just give Mannah-MoiMoi and Lussick less minutes.Is that an advantage?

I reckon the coach has told him what to change in his game and he has worked on it. I see no reason to drop him yet.

Everyone went ok except maybe

Edwards, Peni, Tanginoa (not alot of game time) then Paulo

caylo

Bench
Everyone went ok except maybe

Edwards, Peni, Tanginoa (not alot of game time) then Paulo

I thought Edwards was pretty good, he was a bit rusty early on but once he got into the game made a lot of good defensive plays and was involved well in the attack. Also he present himself as an option on many time which sucked in defense creating space for the wider men. Twice this lead to Vai scoring.

natheel

Coach
I waiting for Arthur to tell us "there will be some dark days ahead and some floggings "

did you watch the Raiders press conference Ricky: "We will be on the end of those types of calls and score lines more this year because we have those young guys that need to learn etc?" hahaha

Forty20

First Grade
I thought Edwards was pretty good, he was a bit rusty early on but once he got into the game made a lot of good defensive plays and was involved well in the attack. Also he present himself as an option on many time which sucked in defense creating space for the wider men. Twice this lead to Vai scoring.

Ma'u outplayed Edwards convincingly, which surprised me based on their comparative form in the NSW Cup last year (Edwards was superb, Ma'u was very good).

As you said, it took Edwards a little while to get into the game but he was strong once he found his feet. I think a large part of it is to do with the fact that Edwards was playing in the middle, despite his history as a left-edge backrower for Wenty.

I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards was given more leeway to drift to the edges in attack in the coming weeks to make use of his speed and footwork.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Edwards was also mildly concussed early in the game and that must have slowed him down a bit until his marbles fell back in place.

That was a great performance. It's the way they defended that makes me
Proud. Very aggressive. Manu Mau is a freakn beast.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Norman was only a 73% kicker from his Holden Cup days (72/99 over 3 seasons), so he's not coming in with high goal kicking pedigree.

For reference: Cam Smith is a 73% goal kicker on his NRL career, and most would agree he's not a particularly great kicker.

Hopefully it's something Norman works hard on.

Also not sure if we need Paulo in the side - I reckon we are better of with hard running middle forward . I reckon we have enough attacking options without needing paulo

Paulo gives you options if a back gets injured. I'd rather him play at 5/8 or centre than B Smith these days.

Paulo gives you options if a back gets injured. I'd rather him play at 5/8 or centre than B Smith these days.

I agree, especially if Peats continues to play 80. Mannah, Terepo and Lussick can all play big minutes up front. Smith, The Chairman, Edwards and Kelepi (when back to full fitness) can all push 80. Might as well throw in some injury coverage (in the shape of Paulo) than another hard running back rower who might see 10 minutes of game time.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Well, as a Warriors fan that game was awful. Thought you guys looked really good for the most part though. Well played.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Interesting dilemma next week, Tanginoas 10 minutes was awesome, will have to be one of Ben smith terepo or Paulo to make way with giving him more minutes

Latest posts