What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hunt in for Tautai next week. Must have a goal kicker. Jo Paulo? Not a fan at all. I thought the entire back row was amazing even Ben Smith. Hes a great defender.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah, we need a goal kicker.

I thought Paulo slowed the play down a bit.

And I wouldnt want to piss off Manu

Chipmunk

Coach
Hunt in for Tautai next week. Must have a goal kicker. Jo Paulo? Not a fan at all. I thought the entire back row was amazing even Ben Smith. Hes a great defender.

Is Hunt a goal kicker?

Anyway, I doubt Toutai will not get the nod again.

natheel

Coach
IF there was to be a change I'd put Sio in for Vai. Sio in because of his kicking in the off season.

jk13

First Grade
Will be interesting watching the winger match up next week. No snow either hopefully

jk13

First Grade
Err sbw. What a great day. Wynnum got up, eels looked professional, I'm tanked.

eel01s

Bench
I think it will be hard to change the 17 based on that performance. BA will want to keep confidence high amongst the squad - and what better way than by not chopping and changing the side unnecessarily.

Very good performance tonight - I can't get carried away yet given that we started like this 12 months ago.

Haynzy

First Grade
Great to get the win and a great performance for a first hit out but I don't think the Warriors were all that impressive.
The Roosters v Souths game on Friday had much tighter defence and even without Sonny-Bill the Roosters will be a much tougher side than the Warriors.

A win is a win and hopefully we'll build on the positives of tonight, work out the negatives and be even better next week.
Keep the boys away from the papers because you can bet that they'll be talking us up as grand finalists after one good game and I reckon we have a history of believing our own press after a win.

Joely01

Bench
Great win tonight!
Mau was sensational, what a debut.

Hopoate was solid, I was very impressed with tonga though.

I thought our forwards really stepped up tonight, that was a very pleasing thing to see.
It was also good to see us win so well without Hayne having to be everywhere.

Lastly, anyone remember MK? Peats wow! What a difference a good hooker makes

Chipmunk

Coach
One thing I will add is from what I have seen this weekend is that the abolition of the 3rd man in rule is going to really help Parra.

We have been attrocious for 10 years at trying to slow the play the ball. From alot of what I have seen I think everyone is going to have to start at the same place with coming up with slowing down the play the ball without the traditional wrestle we have seen for years.

This could be our blessing in disguise.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good win, some thoughts as good as semi was in scoring tries I was disappointed in the dropped bomb in the second half from him. If he is going to be a top wing to you can't drop bombs like that.

Also Vai did a good job but did no more the Sio would have done, in fact I reckon he wouldn't have bombed the try he did and with Sio we get a decent goal kicker.

Goal kicking needs to improve

Our defence was where we improved, warriors couldn't go through us , all tries were on the wings . And I couldn't recall them making a line break through the middle , actually I don't recall them making a line break at all - this was the most pleasing aspect of the game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Also not sure if we need Paulo in the side - I reckon we are better of with hard running middle forward . I reckon we have enough attacking options without needing paulo

Latest posts