What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

Chipmunk

Coach
Really impressive performance from the guys tonight. But I won't be getting carried away and I am mindful though that we did exactly the same against the exact same team in Round 1 last year, so I am certainly going to reserve judgement until I see them play a few more games.

A few things worth noting though is that we seem to have worked alot on defensive attitude in the off season, but that also could be just the built up momentum and motivation from a team that ran last the season before.

The new players in the team have clearly added a completely new dimension.

I was really really impressed with Peats. He can be our catalyst for a great season.

Ma'u - did we really keep him at Wenty all last season with the pitiful displays we were puting in. So much promise. Perhaps the best debut I have seen from a forward in the NRL in a long long time.

I think both Semi and Vai justified their selections. But I think at this stage of their careers they are still going to lose as many games for you as they can win.

Hopoate showed some real glimpses of his class. He will be better for the run. Tonga on the other side was awesome. Some of his touches were really promising. We just need to keep him fit.

Kelly I thought was really solid in the 7. I have always said that with Hayne, Tonga, Hopoate outwide, we do not need a flash player in the 7. Norman is a player that just wants to play in the 6 and wants to prove himself in the 6...He has a great chance here to do so. From what I noticed tonight he is going to be more than handy.

The Plane really had to do bugger all, but what he did do and all his touches was awesome.

Fui showed there is still some life in the old boy yet.

Lots of signs of promise from everyone tonight. But given the circumstances of 12 months ago, I wont be getting carried away until I see them play a lot more games.

But, great to see tonights performance though.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
The balance of the side superb. Ben Smith, Luke Kelly, Jo Paulo and even Vai each validated there selection.

The defence was first class. Add Kelepi fit and they will dent the opposition off the ball, Ma'u is fantastic on the edge and Edwards is almost his equal on the other side.

now to double the serve.

Gareth Keenan

Juniors
Great win. Noticeably different attitude and comradery. Very impressive debut from Manu, Kelly justified his selection. So good to see a win without a reliance on Hayne. Stop the comp now!

Avenger

Immortal
The defence was the most pleasing aspect. To keep the Warriors to only 16 is very good. Manu ran like he was running from the cops. Sensational debut.

Chipmunk

Coach
The defence was the most pleasing aspect. To keep the Warriors to only 16 is very good. Manu ran like he was running from the cops. Sensational debut.

I think that was uncalled for given his circumstances Avenger.

Having said that, how did we really leave him in Wenty last year

Last edited:

Latest posts