What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 25 Team List vs Sea Eagles

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How does playing him in one game mitigate that risk?
Well it gives him something to strive for in the off season and gives us a good chance to see where we are at. Also makes him feel he is wanted here and has a future at our club.

Young players are a different beast these days and they don’t want to wait. And the main think surely he offers more than a bloke like Tep who is pissing off anyway.

Gronk

Staff member
Well it gives him something to strive for in the off season and gives us a good chance to see where we are at. Also makes him feel he is wanted here and has a future at our club.

Young players are a different beast these days and they don’t want to wait. And the main think surely he offers more than a bloke like Tep who is pissing off anyway.
:musical_score: “Gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em.”

Old mate @hineyrulz folds em every time.

Soto

Bench
:musical_score: “Gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em.”

Old mate @hineyrulz folds em every time.
More upside in giving him a game with the potential to impress and stay rather than give moeroa a game who is on the nose formwise and leaving to that boooring sport..
Again 15-20 mins in the top grade would not have been detrimental for his game and morale...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Assuming you are talking about Stefo, well considering the club had him training full time at 18 with the NRL squad and on a development contract, have him playing NSW cup even when he has 2 years of 20’s to go, along with being named in the 21 man squad a few times (and I think 18th once), probably is a good indication that the club see’s a future for him....and surely wouId make Stefo feel welcome and wanted at the eels.

Additionally where is the evidence he is off contract (I haven’t see any media reports indicating either way ) ? I reckon there is a good chance he is contracted for next year on a development contract if our past history is any indicator, it seems any promising juniors we have had over the last few years have always been contracted until they finish eligibility for 20’s

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Assuming you are talking about Stefo, well considering the club had him training full time at 18 with the NRL squad and on a development contract, have him playing NSW cup even when he has 2 years of 20’s to go, along with being named in the 21 man squad a few times (and I think 18th once), probably is a good indication that the club see’s a future for him....and surely wouId make Stefo feel welcome and wanted at the eels.

Additionally where is the evidence he is off contract (I haven’t see any media reports indicating either way ) ? I reckon there is a good chance he is contracted for next year on a development contract if our past history is any indicator, it seems any promising juniors we have had over the last few years have always been contracted until they finish eligibility for 20’s
Being left out for a plodder like Tep would make me feel really welcome at the club......

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
69495343_965580720451336_5451600253646012416_n.jpg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Lets assume someone comes knocking in the off season (even though I'm not convinced)...Playing one game wont change his mind if someone else offers big $$.

If we haven't used him earlier in the season (where we have been Top 8 all year) why suddenly throw him into the most important games? Wouldn't you want to ease him in?

Also, why would you assume that him not playing in first grade is a sign that he is not wanted here? Do you think it is possible that there are other ways that we have made him feel very welcome?

jk13

First Grade
I’m still trying to work out Marata’s potential. Some games he gets bashed but always gets back up. Other times he chimes in beautifully making ground and solid in defence. Reminds me of a josh Jackson type, but young and timid

Glenneel

Bench
EELS V SEA EAGLES
Friday 6th September, Bankwest Stadium, 6pm

Eels: Parramatta have no injury concerns heading into the final round with Nathan Brown still having one week left of his suspension.

Sea Eagles: Manly are in turmoil
banana.gif
following the injuries to Tom Trbojevic(pec), Jack Gosiewski (knee) and Morgan Boyle (arm). Expect Brendan Elliot to replace Trbojevic at fullback, Corey Waddell to start in the back-row and Lloyd Perrett and one other forward to join the bench.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/16282213a1e377867e5390e8f28b6a7f
Which idiot, NRL or Ch 9, has put this on at 6pm on Friday? Pretty sure some senior executive at Ch 9 is a Dogs supporter considering how many times they've been on FTA when much better matches are only on Fox.

Glenneel

Bench
Atrocious bench..
Interestingly Hasler is giving Keppie a debut against us. He was probably told he would make his first grade debut for parra in 2023...hopefully stefano gets a start in 2022....im sure he can wait another 3 years . Bring em on sloooooowly..development club at its best
Stefano will probably have to go to another club to get a NRL run. Keppie had to, and we'll see if he would of been worth keeping. Either development club or stupid club.

Glenneel

Bench
So that means he's ready for first grade? There's still deficiencies in his game, which he's working on in reserve grade.
Why is it that our juniors always seem to have deficiencies when come into first grade? We've had these blokes for years usually so obviously don't have the proper systems in place. Storm, Broncos, Panthers and Sharks juniors seem to come into team seamlessly and play at a high level with very few deficiencies in them.

chiefy1

Bench

Stefano is not off contract. He has a year to run and was signed on a 2 year deal previously. He's off in 2021

Latest posts