What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 7 vs Panthers

Delboy

First Grade
the situation is simple. As a club we have about 7 NRKL standard players, some young blokes learning the game, and some absolute planks that were signed by the 2 previous coaches who simply aren't any good

I sat with my daughter tonight, who used to dye her hair blue and gold in the good old days, have a son who played reps for Parra and grandkids who play ion the junior league. They have basically lost all interest in the team for this season, as they see no heart and we keep playing Roberts, Smith,Paulo, Keating & Blair ( my daughter mentioned those names as useless) who just cant cut it. We turned over to watch the Voice for goodness sake and I couldn't argue with them.

I have the my junior league club season launch on Saturday and then I am off to the States for 4 weeks (so I get a break), it is more interesting to watch my grandkids play U9s and U12s than the half assed effort of tonight.

One more thing, at least the refs are inexperienced at junior games not friggin incompetent and biased as someone appeared tonight

bartman

Immortal
I really am speechless. Everyone blamed Kearney last year. But he was around coaching tonight. What a disgrace of a team. Absolutely inept in everything they did. INEPT.
You read Poupou's posts during Kearney's reign.... a coach can't take any credit or blame for their first season with a squad they didn't build themselves. If we went well, he argued it would be a credit to SK, and if we don't go well then...? :crazy:

Tony Bongo

Bench
I don't think people expect them to do better, i think they just want them to have a chance to suck in first grade like the bludgers getting a run their now. Say Ben Smith was injured. Someone would have to take his spot. Give that someone a chance next week. If and most likely when they suck as well you can always pick Ben Smith the week after. But i would be willing to put money on Ben Smith sucking slightly less when he gets back in the first grade side after a small break.

TBH I'm puzzled how Ricky wrote the season off so early but hasn't had a revolving door of blooding new blokes since. All I can put it down to is that we simply don't have anyone else that is ready, regardless of how many supporters we have on suicide watch.

Daneel

Bench
the situation is simple. As a club we have about 7 NRKL standard players, some young blokes learning the game, and some absolute planks that were signed by the 2 previous coaches who simply aren't any good

I sat with my daughter tonight, who used to dye her hair blue and gold in the good old days, have a son who played reps for Parra and grandkids who play ion the junior league. They have basically lost all interest in the team for this season, as they see no heart and we keep playing Roberts, Smith,Paulo, Keating & Blair ( my daughter mentioned those names as useless) who just cant cut it. We turned over to watch the Voice for goodness sake and I couldn't argue with them.

I have the my junior league club season launch on Saturday and then I am off to the States for 4 weeks (so I get a break), it is more interesting to watch my grandkids play U9s and U12s than the half assed effort of tonight.

One more thing, at least the refs are inexperienced at junior games not friggin incompetent and biased as someone appeared tonight

Well i have to admit the best footy i seen today was my son's under 8s training run. You want to see these little blokes line up to run the ball with venom. You wanna see the talk in defence and the effort put in to bring down the ball runner even if he seems to have beaten them. Ricky could do worse than to take this bunch of losers to a couple of under 8s game and see how they never give up for the entire game.

Tony Bongo

Bench

Out of all those you mentioned the one I would like to defend the most is Blair. I thought he was one of our best tonight.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Out of all those you mentioned the one I would like to defend the most is Blair. I thought he was one of our best tonight.

No he was bad the second lasy try would have been stopped if he wasn't sjogging back and leaving the work to vai toutai no desperation thats the differance at the moment..

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

And if the standard/trend continues on and on when do you start looking at the board?
Like I indicated to you a few years ago...... the weak fruitless tree is in the image of those who planted the seed. The evidence is staring at you.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well i have to admit the best footy i seen today was my son's under 8s training run. You want to see these little blokes line up to run the ball with venom. You wanna see the talk in defence and the effort put in to bring down the ball runner even if he seems to have beaten them. Ricky could do worse than to take this bunch of losers to a couple of under 8s game and see how they never give up for the entire game.

I don't get this - do these blokes not have enough self-respect to try for 80 minutes or what?

Delboy

First Grade
As much as you want to blame the board, DF hired Hagan then DA who as it turned out was hopeless at building anything and then 3P hired SK, who was just inept.

The coaches just basically destroyed everything BS built , starting with Hagan, as RS said t will take at least 5 years to rebuild the club. The board are in control of the financial side which looks to be doing OK, the coaches run the footy side, and we now have Sticky and I will give him time

Tony Bongo

Bench
And if the standard/trend continues on and on when do you start looking at the board?
Like I indicated to you a few years ago...... the weak fruitless tree is in the image of those who planted the seed. The evidence is staring at you.

It's never the tree mate. It's always the weather, the flowers or the bees.

Chipmunk

Coach

He is also pretty young. Was still eligible for the 20s last year. I think it is pretty rought to put too much blame on him.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
As much as you want to blame the board, DF hired Hagan then DA who as it turned out was hopeless at building anything and then 3P hired SK, who was just inept.

The coaches just basically destroyed everything BS built , starting with Hagan, as RS said t will take at least 5 years to rebuild the club. The board are in control of the financial side which looks to be doing OK, the coaches run the footy side, and we now have Sticky and I will give him time

Look. I'm not having a go at you the MAN, just saying that to me there is more to this fall from grace that 3P should be credited with.
It is a common denominator.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Haha the board control the financial side and the coaches run the footy side. One of your best.

Ratchy

Juniors
So does the bloke getting paid 800k who keeps selecting him - but hey maybe you are right and I should take the advise of some random fan sitting behind a keyboard at home.

Week in week out you keep defending a guy who puts in ordinary performances!!!!

Latest posts