What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

hybrid_tiger

Coach
In a few years Lui will be one of the better halfbacks in the comp. His defense will improve and his attack will only get better. I whinge a lot about Sheens but I'm with him on this one.

Tigerm

First Grade
In a few years Lui will be one of the better halfbacks in the comp. His defense will improve and his attack will only get better. I whinge a lot about Sheens but I'm with him on this one.
Agree, but isn't that the problem, it will be in a few years, just think FG is not the place to learn your trade.

IMO, we should have brought an experienced 7 in the mean time.

Also agree about his defence, most young blokes struggle with it.

Trouble is now, he is being targeted & is being exposed, we need to give him a minder or take him out of the front line at the very least. But if you need to do that type of stuff, then he is probably not needed in the team at this time, when we have Farah & Marshal.

chunk

Juniors
so swearing is a sign of a lack of intelligence.
Again princess tell me what being a moderator has to do with this discussion?

:lol:

You seem like just a arrogant stupid f**k thats all.

Do you undestand, or should I dumb it down a bit.

Last edited:

westie

Bench
What are you expecting from him, 4 tries 4 line breaks and 4 try assists each game for it to be deemed acceptable?
He took on the line to keep them guessing, made some good decisions under pressure and kicked the ball quite well, he went just as well as most other halfbacks in the game, Thurston aside.

1 try assist and no mis-tackles would be a start.

TYGA

Juniors
He didn't really cost us so he went great. I'll take that performance every day of the week from Lui

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol:

You seem like just a arrogant stupid f**k thats all.

Do you undestand, or should I dumb it down a bit.
So I'm stupid, yet I've clearly explained my views in here, even again when you have asked, and you're only retort for swearing at me is to raise some completely unrelated issue to do with moderator status.

If there's anyone stupid here it's the dumb f**k wanting an explanation, getting it, and then starting a new argument on something completely unrelated.

All the while never discussing the topic at hand, which I was doing until you came along.

You, missy, are the the stupid one.

The fact you don't realise this is confirmation.

He didn't really cost us so he went great. I'll take that performance every day of the week from Lui

Agreed.... If he plays like that for the rest of the year i would be over the moon... He actually went looking for the ball, which was great..

Hopefully he has read this thread and he's out to prove us all wrong...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed.... If he plays like that for the rest of the year i would be over the moon... He actually went looking for the ball, which was great..

Hopefully he has read this thread and he's out to prove us all wrong...
my thoughts exactly.

I do wonder, given his reduced workload and Marshall and Farah having more ball in hand, if Lui was pushed along too quickly by Sheens, and only now is this being realised.

super_coach

First Grade
I think Lui showed on Friday night and is still the best option we have on our books to partner Benji in the halves. I didnt say he was our best no7, because I think Benji plays that role for most of the game and Lui plays more like a 5/8.

I know he has some real deficiencies in defense but he has a football brain and thats the most important thing when playing in the halves. I hope he kicks on big time this season and proves a lot knockers wrong

I think Lui showed on Friday night and is still the best option we have on our books to partner Benji in the halves. I didnt say he was our best no7, because I think Benji plays that role for most of the game and Lui plays more like a 5/8.

I know he has some real deficiencies in defense but he has a football brain and thats the most important thing when playing in the halves. I hope he kicks on big time this season and proves a lot knockers wrong

I can tell you one thing SC.....This knocker wants to be proved wrong.. I hope Lui becomes the best half in the game.. I just think there are other places to learn how to tackle...you don't do it in first grade when your attack doesn't make up for it.. Last monday was seriously the 1st time that Lui deserved a place in our team this year...

R2Coupe

Juniors
I am pleased I am not the only supporter who does see a very good footballer in Rob Lui.

He has a habit of playing well in big games.

Borat.

Juniors
So is Robert Lui a "Big Game" player...

Couldn't really be stuffed till the big games come around

R2Coupe

Juniors
Good game by Rob Lui last night. Good defence but more importantly looked very dangerous with the ball. Nice ball for Ellis as well.

One of his best all round games ever for the Tigs. But...I won't get off his back until there is some consistency at least in defence.

Latest posts