What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
get over yourself f**khead.

Lui played decent last night, seems Sheens has finally found out how to hide him properly in defence, which has sured up or right side defence and given him a bit more confidence.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
One of his best all round games ever for the Tigs. But...I won't get off his back until there is some consistency at least in defence.

He did not miss a tackle last night, though it must be said Sheens has at least worked out how to protect him better. Funny what happens when we play as a unit with a clear defensive structure. He has been good the last two weeks, hope he's not injured.

Borat.

Juniors
So is Robert Lui a "Big Game" player...

Couldn't really be stuffed till the big games come around

Big Game Player.....???

It wasn't a big game...but Semis are around the corner...

Looks a bit like Mal or Inglis ...Lazy and couldn't give a rats from time to time.....obviously they are a little more talented:sarcasm::sarcasm:

I got a feeling if the other team gets in his face it fires him up - like St.Merge last year...

Haha..... supporting a merged club and going the "st.merge call"...

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
He did not miss a tackle last night, though it must be said Sheens has at least worked out how to protect him better. Funny what happens when we play as a unit with a clear defensive structure. He has been good the last two weeks, hope he's not injured.

I noticed Lui holding his arm after about 30 minutes in the first half, but he didn't go off till the fat lady was warming up, so hopefully that was just a precautionary thing. I can't believe I just said that about Lui..but he played o.k.

Tigerm

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-next-nrl-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226118995645

Wests Tigers halfback Robert Lui could be released to join North Queensland Cowboys next NRL season

Uncertain future ... Rob Lui could be forced out of Wests Tigers at season's end.

Wests Tigers halfback Robert Lui is in line to become the latest player squeezed out of Concord after being linked to a return home to North Queensland Cowboys.

They will be looking for their sixth straight win on Sunday when they host Parramatta at the SFS.

Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys tried to hose down talk of Lui leaving, but the move has been discussed.
"He's under contract for next year and that's what we expect to be honoured," Humphreys said.
"There's been no official conversations and I don't think it's going to happen."

TYGA

Juniors
I have been a critic but I am converted hold onto him the kid has skills. Sheens deserves credit he is not our general kicker and has been well protected in defence his two major drawbacks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gotta admit, he looked very good in the first half today.

Although he hasn't been doing very much kicking at all lately.

Tiger05

First Grade
He can play. His defence has been terrible at times but the issue to me has been there were times when his attack was so bad it isn't funny.

Still in form he looks the goods.

Still think we must keep Lui. His attacking skills are outstanding. In an era where a guy like Sandow is worth $500,000 plus per season we could not afford to replace Lui.

For mine Miller may become a good half back but is still at least 2-3 years away from the level Lui is at now. After watching the 20's closely Miller's defence as hard as it may be to believe may be worse than Lui's. As I have said in the past Miller may never reach the same attacking skills that Lui has.

Lui in the next few years will become one of the NRL elite halfbacks, I hope he stays at the Tigers for a long time to come.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I wonder if there are still people who think "he has nothing"?

Like I've always said, defense is a concern but will only improve. With ball in hand he is a very dangerous player and quite a handy general play kicker who will only get better.

Considering the lack of talented young halfbacks out there, losing him would be madness.

I gotta admit, he looked very good in the first half today.

Although he hasn't been doing very much kicking at all lately.

MU, although we have been his harshest critic over the year, what we now have to accept for the rest of the year is that he is a part of our system now, he is a vital cog, our two dodgiest positions 1 and 7 are now doing their bit and we can't afford any changes now, we need to just roll on and get this job done.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
MU, although we have been his harshest critic over the year, what we now have to accept for the rest of the year is that he is a part of our system now, he is a vital cog, our two dodgiest positions 1 and 7 are now doing their bit and we can't afford any changes now, we need to just roll on and get this job done.
Spot on. There have been plenty of players for us this year that have struggled with form and consistency - Lui & Moltzen are chief amongst them but Fulton, Ryan, Ayshford & McKinnon also spring to mind. They're all playing reasonably good footy now and that's all you can ask for - contributions from all 17. We've won 6 on the bounce, mostly on the back of our defence, and we've got strike weapons to come back into the side to round out our attack. I still think we're a rung below Melbourne, but if we keep playing to our best then we're going to trouble anyone and could easily win the whole thing.

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less what they were playing like 8 weeks ago, they've obviously turned the corner and the whole team is looking confident and hungry, exactly what you want two weeks out from the finals.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the one major change I can see thats happened in the last 3 weeks at least, that Lui has moved to five-eighth in attack and become a ball runner (similar to what Moltzen did when at halfback)

magpie_man

Juniors
Well the one major change I can see thats happened in the last 3 weeks at least, that Lui has moved to five-eighth in attack and become a ball runner (similar to what Moltzen did when at halfback)

watching the game yesterday, I noticed that, on quite a few plays, Robbie is switching to first receiver and lui is playing like a second 5/8th on the right edge. it's working well imo.

DanOz

Juniors
Lui certainly does not want the ball in his hands on the last tackle when we need to put points on, and he rarely kicks. He can run a good line, and showed he can run strongly when he set up that try, but more and more he reminds me of John Sutton, a guy who they put into a playmaker role who should be a ball playing lock, except Lui can't tackle which shuts that door on him.

Latest posts