What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

Juniors
Before we get started on the Lui cost us the game crap. He did get beaten by Mateo on the inside shoulder. Mateo was one fire last night BTW & very hard to stop. I think there were 36 other missed tackles which may well have helped contribute to the loss?

Agree, defence was sliding. The inside defender is prob more at fault, however it was a hard line run by Mateo and the pass was a beauty.

Das Hassler

Bench
For me, we had it won & just needed to close out that last set with a decent kick into the corners or even into touch. But we chanced our arm & went through the hands on the 5th only to turn it over giving up cheap meters. We were in front & did not need to score. Live by the sword, die by the sword I guess?

That about sums it up...Farah and Marshall both had the ball and the decision in their hands on that last tackle...the warriors starting their set from just inside their half?? (not exactly sure where it was) pretty much booked us in for that bomb...belting it dead in their ingoal would have at least allowed us the chance of keeping them down there then who knows what way too risky play they would have tried to get out of there...Moltzen shouldn't have found hmself in that situation and to be fair to him he played a great game against some intimidating opposition, especially for someone who is supposed to have no heart,no gripe here towards Robbie and Benji as they had no small part to play in getting us this far so ....thanks for a terrific season..it was a hoot
What does not kill me etc etc...it'll be a tougher team next year for the lessons learned

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lui's missed tackle, lote's woeful handling on that last play, gibbs injury are the factors causing us to lose

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Lote was certainly underdone. We really missed Gibbs in the second half - the defensive line was ragged as anything. The Warriors little guys were running through massive holes.

leoc

Juniors
Guys, the game for me was lost when our mind set changed at the back end of the first half. As soon as we started shooting for field goals, we told the warriors that they were capable of getting back in the game. I have little doubt that we clocked off at half time and forgot to bundy back on. I've been critical of certain players but can't point the finger last night. The whole team contributed in the second half. Also, the loss of Gibbs hurt as it left us one hard man short. Sick of saying "oh well, next year" but.......

b.bear

Juniors
Guys, the game for me was lost when our mind set changed at the back end of the first half. As soon as we started shooting for field goals, we told the warriors that they were capable of getting back in the game. I have little doubt that we clocked off at half time and forgot to bundy back on. I've been critical of certain players but can't point the finger last night. The whole team contributed in the second half. Also, the loss of Gibbs hurt as it left us one hard man short. Sick of saying "oh well, next year" but.......

Agreed, I think those field goal plays were not needed it just changed the mindset . Our big problem is in our mind we just do not have the mental capacity to concentrate for the full 80...

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
Just heard on the radio that Lui has been charged again for assaulting his mrs? Happened last year when we lost to the dragons and now again after being eliminated from the finals?
im hoping this is all just rumour.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That'll be the last straw. He got off last time. Now he has a reputation. This is incomprehensible stupidity

macnaz

Staff member
Why when we have Miller.. Bet their wishing they didnt let Moltzen go as well?
Anyway he hasnt gone to court yet so he may get of yet again.

Last edited:

broncos2010

Juniors
Now that would be something carney and marshall and farrah.

Just missing 1 more maybe in dugan.

Premiership written all over that.

macnaz

Staff member
Now that would be something carney and marshall and farrah.

Just missing 1 more maybe in dugan.

Premiership written all over that.
Holy crap 2010 thats the first sensible comment i think you have made in the tigers forum, them 4 would certainly be a great combo BUT salary cap could come into play and also i doubt the club would want someone like Carney which is understandable.

Jeez i wish they didnt push Moltzen out :( Anyway a full off season with Miller training with the NRL squad should see him ready to step up , thats unless Shines decides on trying something crazy as always and tries Utard or someone there instead :sarcasm:

get amongst it

Juniors
Yeah so whats the go now.. Lui is surely to be sacked!
Will you guys be looking to buy a new half or just run with J Miller?

Latest posts