What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the year

watatank

Coach
What are the rules, cause say a player (Idris for exmaple) plays like a couple of games toward the end of the year, imo he should still be able to get rookie of the year the next season, it should be that if they play more then 5 games....but does anyone know what the rules on this are???

I think the rule is 3 games, that's why Sika Manu was eligible this year (he played a couple of games in 07?).

2black2strong

Juniors
Arana Taumata.

He only played like 3 or 4 games last year?

He looks to have the jersey all sealed up for the storm and with Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis either side of him, he'll be under no pressure at all. IMO, he looks better than Benji Marshall.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Arana Taumata.

He only played like 3 or 4 games last year?

He looks to have the jersey all sealed up for the storm and with Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis either side of him, he'll be under no pressure at all. IMO, he looks better than Benji Marshall.

Just wait till he goes out and has a drink

aqua_duck

Coach
The rule is a player is not eligible if he's started in a NRL game, so that rules out Jamal Idris.
I think Williamson will give it a shake, Yow Yeh, Joel Thompson, John Kite and Karlos Filiga could rate a mention

Big Pete

Referee
For the Broncos...

Jharal Yow Yeh - Try scoring sensation in the Toyota Cup who promises to debut sometime next season. Can sniff out a try and has all the bells and whistles needed to be a winger.

Ben Hunt - The Dally M Toyota Cup player of the year has a barrage of potential and if he can continue on with his potential could find himself in a heated contest with NSW Halfback Peter Wallace for the halfback spot.

Will Tupou - Big and strong, Will Tupou is a force out wide with the ball in hand. A Rugby convert from Souths Rugby Tupou has all the skills to make it big at the Broncos. Expect him to debut at some point off the bench.

Gerard Beale - One of the most skillful youngsters coming through at the Broncos who has been considered for an NRL birth as early as last season. Still young, Beale may break through at some point in 09.

Josh McGuire - With the Broncos short on props McGuire could be the player they've been looking for. Skillful and powerful McGuire boasts a wide arrange of talents uncommon to the front row. May appear on the bench somewhere during the 09 season.

Palmer Wapau - Rated the best aboriginal player by Matt Bowen, Wapau is a powerful second rower with skills that can match the likes of Greg Eastwood. A certain debutant next season and expect his name to come up at some point in the season.

Aaron Sweeney - A fiery prop who helped Ipswich to a minor premiership last year. Possess a lot of grunt and could provide with Broncos pack with the tenacity they've missed since the departure of Gorden Tallis.

Alex Glenn - By far the most season player in the Broncos Toyota Cup squad, Glenn is a strong backrow/centre with a nice array of skills and pace to boot. Plays a similar game of Karmichael Hunt and could feature some point for the Broncos in the backrow.

Others worth a mention:

Kurt Baptiste - Has established himself as a hooker with the AIS squad and is considered a golden child by those in the know.

Dale Copely - A classy centre who's best years are in front of him.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
For the Broncos...

Kurt Baptiste - Has established himself as a hooker with the AIS squad and is considered a golden child by those in the know.
I liked Baptiste but he really didn't impress me much in the arrive alive cup, in any case he's atleast 2 years off IMO

Sione Kaivelata. Has huge wraps on him. and ex-union player that was regarded as the next Jonah Lomu. we picked him up in the off-season. Big bopper of a lad 198cm and 114kg. Needs to trim in the off-season though.

He is playing Under 20's with us this year. So we will see how he goes. He is 8cm taller than SBW that is just scary stuff. whether he will be as good as SBW is unknown.

Big Mick

Referee
I think Masada Iosefa is still eligible only playing a couple of games off the bench.

So i'll say him.

Latest posts