What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

Girds89

Bench
I think if Billy burns can get an extended run in the team this year he will have a breakout season.

Very good player. I think the club won't try resign capewell and burns will eventually move into his spot.

Original Name

Juniors
You know them both personally, then?
I think it's pretty obvious I didn't mean it like that.

I meant the sex tapes thing and the way he handled it has made May a bit hard to like for me and a quite a lot of people. In articles he's spent almost all of them talking about what happened to him, all the consequences for it he had to face, etc. Just made it seem like he was only sorry he got caught. Instead of you know, being sorry what consequences his actions had to lives of these girls first and foremost. In the latest May article he said he did feel remorse and that's pretty much it. Nobody likes someone who plays the victim card when they've f**ked up.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
I think it's pretty obvious I didn't mean it like that.

I meant the sex tapes thing and the way he handled it has made May a bit hard to like for me and a quite a lot of people. In articles he's spent almost all of them talking about what happened to him, all the consequences for it he had to face, etc. Just made it seem like he was only sorry he got caught. Instead of you know, being sorry what consequences his actions had to lives of these girls first and foremost. In the latest May article he said he did feel remorse and that's pretty much it. Nobody likes someone who plays the victim card when they've f**ked up.
Can't say I'd noticed any of this, but I avoid reading trashy articles anyway. You've got to let a bloke get on with his life and career even if he's made mistakes.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think if Billy burns can get an extended run in the team this year he will have a breakout season.

Very good player. I think the club won't try resign capewell and burns will eventually move into his spot.

He just needs to not try too hard and play his natural game.

Original Name

Juniors
Can't say I'd noticed any of this, but I avoid reading trashy articles anyway. You've got to let a bloke get on with his life and career even if he's made mistakes.
Well if you see a weird amount of hate for May among NRL fans now you know why.

franklin2323

Immortal
Its amazing that the fathers and brothers of the girls May filmed didn't have his career ended. I'd have had his legs shattered to pieces

Didn't one of the girls give him a reference? Either way they will get a nice payout. To some that is better justice

The_Frog

First Grade
Its amazing that the fathers and brothers of the girls May filmed didn't have his career ended. I'd have had his legs shattered to pieces
You do realise this sort of thing is extremely common in the wider community, particularly among the young?
One girl is going to take him to the cleaners in civil court, the rest will probably follow.
Welcome to America.

Well if you see a weird amount of hate for May among NRL fans now you know why.

There's something funny about this. How do you hold a phone while engaging in sexual intercourse in such a way that the other party doesn't know you are holding a phone?

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
Panthers v Cowboys: Momirovski on track; McGuire cleared

Aside from an unhappy first half of the grand final, pretty much everything went right for the Panthers in 2020.

But that golden season will count for little when the Cowboys visit Panthers Stadium on Saturday night as teams coached by Ivan Cleary and Todd Payten start the new season on level footing as far as the ladder is concerned.

Payten's players have spoken of transitioning to an up-tempo style of play over the summer and on Saturday we will get a first proper glimpse of that.

As for the Panthers, Cleary will want to see the selfless style of play and willingness to do the little things that were hallmarks of 2020 remain evident.

The rundown
Team news
Panthers: Moses Leota can't be expected to fill in for the experience left by James Tamou, but he'll be needed to replicate his consistent level of performance. The Panthers' bench remains a work in progress. Scott Sorensen remains in some doubt with a hamstring injury.

Paul Momirovski looks to be the frontrunner to be Stephen Crichton's centre partner ahead of Tyrone May with Brent Naden not being considered for selection in the first four rounds after his positive cocaine test in grand final week.

Cowboys: Cowboys forward Josh McGuire has declared himself ready to face the Panthers having successfully returned to team training after a hamstring injury.
McGuire didn't feature in his club's trial due to the setback but trained with the squad on Friday and again emerged unscathed from Monday's session.

"I always pride myself on my fitness, so I'm ready to rock and roll I think. I'll just get through this week, have a good week with the boys, bank that and get ready for Penrith," he said. "I'm sweet. It's just an old-age thing, they're just protecting me; play with a pension card. I'm very excited about getting back with the group. Our staff have been first-class and they've got me back ready to go."

Tom Gilbert is unavailable for selection after suffering a leg fracture during a training ground mishap.

Key match-up
Jarome Luai v Scott Drinkwater. Luai proved himself one of the game's best five-eighths will an impressive 2020 campaign. Drinkwater has long been touted as someone capable of reaching such levels. For the Cowboys to start the year with a shock win, Drinkwater has to shine.

Stat attack
Including the finals, Penrith won 20 matches last year. The Cowboys have won 22 games in the last three years. A new season does bring with it new hope, but Penrith will rightly start as warm favourites.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Welcome to America.

There's something funny about this. How do you hold a phone while engaging in sexual intercourse in such a way that the other party doesn't know you are holding a phone?

No in America he would’ve paid them to drop the charges. That is not what is happening.

Mate in one of the videos the girl sees him with the phone and literally says “don’t be filming me” and May lies to her and says he is just checking his messages, it’s undeniable. He deceived that girl for sure why don’t you actually look at the case before you question the honesty of his victims. Typical victim blaming here.

The_Frog

First Grade
No in America he would’ve paid them to drop the charges. That is not what is happening.

Mate in one of the videos the girl sees him with the phone and literally says “don’t be filming me” and May lies to her and says he is just checking his messages, it’s undeniable. He deceived that girl for sure why don’t you actually look at the case before you question the honesty of his victims. Typical victim blaming here.
Checking his messages while having a root? Sharp girl.

Latest posts