What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

Smug Panther

First Grade
I can’t get over how good Yeo looks now, every run he takes he has got the ball out in two hands looking to pass, even when he runs the cowboys defence was standing off him waiting to see if he was going to pass. Mick Ennis raved about him on big league wrap yesterday and for good reason, there is not a better ball playing forward in the comp. After the halves I think he’s our most important player above even Api.
I always had him as a good first grader but he's now well above that

betcats

Referee
I always had him as a good first grader but he's now well above that

I really don’t think anyone thought he was this good. Ennis said he is one of the premier forwards in the competition now and I agree, there are not not many with his skill set.

soc123_au

Staff member
I can’t get over how good Yeo looks now, every run he takes he has got the ball out in two hands looking to pass, even when he runs the cowboys defence was standing off him waiting to see if he was going to pass. Mick Ennis raved about him on big league wrap yesterday and for good reason, there is not a better ball playing forward in the comp. After the halves I think he’s our most important player above even Api.
Yeo is quickly becoming one of the best middles in the game. It's funny I've gone from reading his name in the team list on debut thinking he must have given Ivan a blowie to get ahead of more fancied lower graders, to very quickly thinking he was a pretty handy player, to he is great, but probably only truly valued by supporters who watch him closely, to he is a gun, to he is approaching god tier.

All that & he seems like a bloody top bloke. I remember having a discussion with @Smug Panther a while ago & we agreed he is that much of a gentleman you would happily let him sleep with your Mrs safe in the knowledge he wouldn't sully her honour. And be kind of disappointed that he didn't. Ha ha.

MugaB

Coach
Yeo is quickly becoming one of the best middles in the game. It's funny I've gone from reading his name in the team list on debut thinking he must have given Ivan a blowie to get ahead of more fancied lower graders, to very quickly thinking he was a pretty handy player, to he is great, but probably only truly valued by supporters who watch him closely, to he is a gun, to he is approaching god tier.

All that & he seems like a bloody top bloke. I remember having a discussion with @Smug Panther a while ago & we agreed he is that much of a gentleman you would happily let him sleep with your Mrs safe in the knowledge he wouldn't sully her honour. And be kind of disappointed that he didn't. Ha ha.
You're terrible haha, ive always thought Yeo deserves to be our captain, he just carries himself extremely well.
And is a knock about bloke, his forrest gump video, made me laugh so hard

betcats

Referee

Wouldnt say no to a baby Yeo in my house hahah

Jane Murray

Bench

I agree. He should start in origin, and I am pleased he is a panther.

mxlegend99

Referee
I can understand trying it once but not every time you have the ball it's like he was scared to get tackled or panicked.
He had no space... Getting tackled was all but guaranteed to be over the sideline... Which happened as many times as he kicked it btw.

A soft kick past the defensive line is a far better option than being taken into touch.

BxTom

Bench
Staines did what should be expected of a rookie with a new centre inside of him. That was their first game together. Neither set the world alight, but they did their jobs well. Just because Staines burst on the scene with a bang doesn't mean he going to continue his scoring feats. Steady as she goes...

betcats

Referee
Staines did what should be expected of a rookie with a new centre inside of him. That was their first game together. Neither set the world alight, but they did their jobs well. Just because Staines burst on the scene with a bang doesn't mean he going to continue his scoring feats. Steady as she goes...

Exactly, as long as he is solid then he going well. Tries will and linebreaks will come, for now we just need him to prove he can get through the games each week and be solid.

The_Frog

First Grade
Yeah everyone questioned why we went wide so much and it was because we collapsed their middle so easily. They say earn the right to go wide and they did almost every hit up. It's a rare sight.
This is what their coach found so alarming.

Latest posts