What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Canterbury Bulldogs @Bluebet

betcats

Referee
Just happy to get through that with the 2 points. Given the hammy and the rain it was never going to be pretty.

I liked the look of Cole. For his first real NRL involvement I thought he did well. Made his tackles, including a good one on Burton (I think) put in a good kick or two as well. Can't ask for much more from the kid.

Was solid defensively I think that might get him the nod over Laurie next week who is at this stage a bigger threat with the ball.

Also the garner Luai combo is building everyweek. I think we need that to keep going as the left side attack isn’t great

Girds89

Bench
Heard a story bout Edwards tonight

From family close friend whose next door neighbour to assistant coach for blacktown workers eagles.

So very reliable

Said he saw dyl less than 1 week after last years gf win.. running sprints by himself back forth at the local park hammering himself on his own.

Nothing to do with the win tonight but, man...

Hes up there with all time greats for penrith.

Cleary will no doubt end up 1.

Yeo will be 2nd.

The way edwards is going hes in a dog fight to knock brandy and gowie off for 3 imo

Chins get the wins

First Grade

From family close friend whose next door neighbour to assistant coach for blacktown workers eagles.

So very reliable

Said he saw dyl less than 1 week after last years gf win.. running sprints by himself back forth at the local park hammering himself on his own.

Yeo will be 2nd.

The way edwards is going hes in a dog fight to knock brandy and gowie off for 3 imo
Yeo is infront of everyone at this point

age.s

First Grade

So very reliable

Yeo will be 2nd.

Reminds me of the stories people would tell of Michael Jordan. The true greats have a dedication that borders on psychotic.

maple_69

Bench
I think those are the types of stories that start to explain this era of dominance. Nathan is wired similarly. They’re not the most talented but there is simply no way you just continually keep coming back to the trough hungry for more if you’re not wired very differently. We’ve prioritised guys who are just psychotic competitors and it turns out it trumps raw talent most of the time.

maple_69

Bench
On the game, probably went as you’d expect. Dogs hung in there but didn’t take their chances. Kicking in that first half was the difference and got us on top. Luai’s kicking was pretty good, it’s come along.

If Nath is out for a bit I think we should try a Luai/Cole combo. We’ve seen what Schneider has and he’s solid/fine so why not see where Cole is at with a decent few games to warm into it before going back to Cup to work on some stuff. Wouldn’t mind Toelau getting a few games in the 14 while we’re at it.

MugaB

Coach
It would be a good time for another rep level forward apart from Yeo to f**king rip in
Why ahead of the game, and don't play finals till September, why have another few more sorro's on the injury list, Martin went off last 10 mins, Fish and Moses did their normal stuff, not sure what more you wanted

BTW May played really well up against probably the best centre in the game, if critta isn't picked for origin madge had rox n his head, he was breaking thru 1st attempts and also sliding out 2nd for extra metres, dogs bought a champ

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why ahead of the game, and don't play finals till September, why have another few more sorro's on the injury list, Martin went off last 10 mins, Fish and Moses did their normal stuff, not sure what more you wanted

BTW May played really well up against probably the best centre in the game, if critta isn't picked for origin madge had rox n his head, he was breaking thru 1st attempts and also sliding out 2nd for extra metres, dogs bought a champ
Not saying I want the whole side red lining but Yeo is doing an extraordinary amount of work while others are coasting

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
What? May was no where near that 1st try. That was Alamoti’s miss on Burton. He drifted just a little to close to the wing that have Burton that slight space to step through.

His defence needs work.

I just put that 1st try down to that side being inexperienced together.

Martin and Cleary were off.
Alamoti 1st game and on his non preferred side

We did well to only concede the 1 try in those circumstances

Latest posts