What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Dargons @Bluebet

age.s

First Grade
I feel like every game we've lost this year, the main culprit is discipline. Putting ourselves under way more pressure due to penalties and especially dropped ball, while not quite having class to turn in around as we would in previous years. This game was no different, but some poor defensive moments (especially from Riki) and the weather compounded the issue.

The team setup was secondary for me. A different configuration doesn't mean fewer errors or penalties.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
The take that we lost that game because of a lack of metres from the back three suggests that you didn’t actually watch the game or are just trying to find a stick to beat the coaching staff with. I know above I have talked about playing Laurie as an Edwards clone, but that is a bugbear rather than the reason we lost.

We lost because we didn’t match their intensity.

They went up another level in the 2nd half. We didn't

We didn't match their intensity because our forwards were gassed.

Iamback

Coach
I feel like every game we've lost this year, the main culprit is discipline. Putting ourselves under way more pressure due to penalties and especially dropped ball, while not quite having class to turn in around as we would in previous years. This game was no different, but some poor defensive moments (especially from Riki) and the weather compounded the issue.

The team setup was secondary for me. A different configuration doesn't mean fewer errors or penalties.

Our 2nd half fade outs show the bench isn't right yet either

murraymob

Coach
Exactly. Especially when I have been talking the side up for the past 3 years.

This is a forum where you talk about the current state of the team.

Plenty of older threads for those who want to live in the past
Those of us that did live in the Penrith past pre eastern grandstand are very happy with where we are compared to then and enjoy the forum dissecting everything. As it should be

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
But not the death riding that seems to be creeping in!

Not death riding as such. But to some standards must remain high.

I watched carefully Ivan's presser. He appeared to know where the issues were in the 2nd half. Didn't appear to be overly upset like he was against the Warriors.

I believe the youngins will be better for the run. With Edwards now out, who replaces him. Suniva, Laurie or someone else.

I think with a couple of the young ones in the 2nd half....they struggled to play off the backfoot. First game for BS and Cole together too.

Dare I say teething problems.

We will as I said earlier be better for the run, especially BS.

WestyLife

First Grade

I watched carefully Ivan's presser. He appeared to know where the issues were in the 2nd half. Didn't appear to be overly upset like he was against the Warriors.

I believe the youngins will be better for the run. With Edwards now out, who replaces him. Suniva, Laurie or someone else.

I think with a couple of the young ones in the 2nd half....they struggled to play off the backfoot. First game for BS and Cole together too.

I know I'm the opposite of ivan I like to take some risk for reward (probably why he's the sexy premiership winning coach and I'm just a fan) but I'd give Iongi a shot.

Iamback

Coach

It is the high standards for me too

Sharks game is where the side needs to be. That was 10/10

Too many games are 7/10 this year, We are fortunate that it hasn't cost more than it has.

Granted we have had key guys miss some time, Others like Tago, Moses, Fish have been way down.

So hard to blame the kids for results like the weekend. Particularly as most didn't play v Warriors that was just as bad.

Iamback

Coach
I know I'm the opposite of ivan I like to take some risk for reward (probably why he's the sexy premiership winning coach and I'm just a fan) but I'd give Iongi a shot.

That has been a criticism I have had from Ivan for years, not sure that will change