What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Sea Eagles

bathtime

Juniors
I love how Hook always stays positive even though we know what the outcome will be.
Hook is right in saying Mbye has done the job wherever he has been. He has played maybe every game this season. Early in the season he settled down the backline at fullback, if not setting it alight, thankfully Ramsey has done that. Mybe has been solid. I trust more Hook's knowledge, including protecting young players from being slaughtered. He is so much more a coach than the imposter clown before.

jeffdragon

Bench
Hook is right in saying Mbye has done the job wherever he has been. He has played maybe every game this season. Early in the season he settled down the backline at fullback, if not setting it alight, thankfully Ramsey has done that. Mybe has been solid. I trust more Hook's knowledge, including protecting young players from being slaughtered. He is so much more a coach than the imposter clown before.
Hooks results don't differ from Mary's.

justadragon

Bench
I can see what you are saying , but my belief is that our juniors should be exposed more to NRL, especially Sloan and Sullivan, get your point you dont want them destroyed but take for instance the young Broncos 5/8 and Fullback, I think one has only played 7 games and the other not much more, but have a look at their performance last night. I firmly believe they dont get much out of KOE cup, for me its baptism by fire, good games bad games, experience is where its at, learn from the mistakes you make and get better, I do appreciate that they need a certain amount of time in KOE cup but when the opportunity presents itself it should be given to a rookie, IE Max Feagai for Suli, thats what should be happening.

denis preston

First Grade

I can see what you are saying , but my belief is that our juniors should be exposed more to NRL, especially Sloan and Sullivan, get your point you dont want them destroyed but take for instance the young Broncos 5/8 and Fullback, I think one has only played 7 games and the other not much more, but have a look at their performance last night. I firmly believe they dont get much out of KOE cup, for me its baptism by fire, good games bad games, experience is where its at, learn from the mistakes you make and get better, I do appreciate that they need a certain amount of time in KOE cup but when the opportunity presents itself it should be given to a rookie, IE Max Feagai for Suli, thats what should be happening.
I used to think Bud was better playing 7 and honing his craft in Reggies but after his game at 7 against the Broncos I think he needs more NRL exposure to get used to the pressure. Now that Sloan is playing wing in Reggies ( not a bad idea ) than why not in NRL for bloody Moga ? If not now than surely when we "mathematically "cant make the 8 ?

justadragon

Bench

I used to think Bud was better playing 7 and honing his craft in Reggies but after his game at 7 against the Broncos I think he needs more NRL exposure to get used to the pressure. Now that Sloan is playing wing in Reggies ( not a bad idea ) than why not in NRL for bloody Moga ? If not now than surely when we "mathematically "cant make the 8 ?
100% its just madness not blooding these guys when you can, just because you feel that you need stability.

since77

Juniors
I’m sad to say I’m back to where I was when we were at our worst under McGregor. I won’t be watching the game tonight. If anyone thinks we’re playing finals footy this year they’re delusional. We’re still more than a month out from the finals and we’re already done. How many years in a row is that now that we’ve been in this situation. Bring on the leaks, the speculation and the criticism as far as I’m concerned. That way we’re closer to sacking Griffin and hopefully appointing someone who will lead us out of this recurring nightmare that the last decade has been.

Dragon David

First Grade

Surely you would think that if in the next 3-4 games we win only one and our chances of being in the top 8 went out the window that Hook would bring in the likes of Sloan and Max Feagai and maybe a couple of other young players to give them more first grade experience, would be done, surely?

If not, he would be a goose of the highest order. In any case, that goose will be looking at getting back on the radio waves helping with commentary one day if he ends up with only 2 wins out of 7.

possm

Coach

I'd say that our pack of forwards needs to be upgraded in order to give our halves the room to do their thing. In addition, if Hunt was at 9, it would be more difficult to target the kicker as there would be 3 players that can perform this job. I'd also like to see Lomax trained to kick in general play.

Finally, the Brisbane game plan was very effective on the day. The shame is that our coach did nothing to address the problem.

jeffdragon

Bench
We will see tonight if all the talk about Griffin and the leaks affect us.
Last year BBQ gate we turned it up afterwards.
When things get tough we don't react well.
If its another bad result tonight it says it all.
Soft .

Gomarchin

Juniors
We will see tonight if all the talk about Griffin and the leaks affect us.
Last year BBQ gate we turned it up afterwards.
When things get tough we don't react well.
If its another bad result tonight it says it all.
Soft .
Perfect description - this team is SOFT.

Latest posts