What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Parramatta

Thanks. I though we were better attack wise. Just need to stop letting in points
I wish we would try win games through defensive commitment like we saw in the 2nd half. The kinda never give up attitude from 2014. will need a massive improvement in defence against brisbane

MrBlack

Juniors
Side note:

I saw Sam McKendry last night. He told me he was gone for the season (yet another ACL injury for us)

TMM is back to full contact.

The Scotsman

Juniors
Side note:

I saw Sam McKendry last night. He told me he was gone for the season (yet another ACL injury for us)

TMM is back to full contact.

A chance to return for round 21 according to Wallace.

Te Maire Martin set for early return for Penrith Panthers
Injured Penrith playmaker Te Maire Martin is set to make a surprise return to the NRL field from what was set to be a season-ending shoulder injury.

Martin has returned to contact training at the Panthers and could be free to return to the NRL in time for the club's round 21 game against the Warriors, according to hooker Peter Wallace.
With the finals around the corner these are the ones to watch.

"He was looking pretty good," Wallace told Sky Sports Radio's Big Sports Breakfast.

"I don't think he'll be right for this week but hopefully maybe the game after.
"Or the game after that at the latest."

Martin displaced his shoulder in Penrith's round eight loss to Cronulla in April.

By then, the 20-year-old had played six NRL matches, including his debut against Brisbane in round three where he scored a late try and kicked the match-winning goal.

"Te Maire Martin - fractured glenoid (shoulder). Displaced. Terrible injury, very painful & will require surgery Unfortunately out for season," Penrith supremo Phil Gould wrote on Twitter at the time.

Martin's return from injury would likely see him partnered with Nathan Cleary for the first time.

The pair played at rival under-20s clubs last season before Martin shifted from the Wests Tigers over the summer but are expected to be the future of the Penrith team.

It would also likely see highly heralded back-rower Bryce Cartwright move back to his preferred position on the edge, and out of five-eighth where he has played the past four matches.

"Hopefully we get Te Maire back soon and that will free Bryce up a little more," Wallace said.

"He's not a natural five-eighth but he's got all the skills.

"Bryce can play anywhere, but probably his ideal position is in the back row."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...urn-for-penrith-panthers-20160718-gq7zlf.html

Whino

Bench
"Hopefully we get Te Maire back soon and that will free Bryce up a little more," Wallace said.

"He's not a natural five-eighth but he's got all the skills.

"Bryce can play anywhere, but probably his ideal position is in the back row."

Amen to that.

Abacus

Juniors
On Cartwright, did Blake & CFH overrun their assignments or were the balls from Cartwright a little late? Both players were into the gaps so I don't know that I buy the "Cartwright is ahead of his teammates" quip. More to do with reassuring Cartwright's confidence surely.

franklin2323

Immortal
On Cartwright, did Blake & CFH overrun their assignments or were the balls from Cartwright a little late? Both players were into the gaps so I don't know that I buy the "Cartwright is ahead of his teammates" quip. More to do with reassuring Cartwright's confidence surely.

Yeah the gap was there. Whether or not Cartwright had time to not pass is my question. Play was right just not excuted right

franklin2323

Immortal
I wish we would try win games through defensive commitment like we saw in the 2nd half. The kinda never give up attitude from 2014. will need a massive improvement in defence against brisbane

Did you see much of our NYC in 2013? Was very similar and given a good slab of our team played then. I dare say the mindset gets lazy in defence rather then the technique.

Like DWZ for the 1st try should of hung back a touch. Then later was chasing a ball missed Gordon and gave 15m. If he slowed down could of made the tackle and kept them pinned in the corner

mxlegend99

Referee
Naw look now he's implying people are gay because he can't handle a difference of opinion.

All you ever do is argue with people who don't think the sun shines out of Griffin or Goulds ass.

Copperhead

Juniors

The offload to Blake should have been taken, but the one to JFH hit him on the left shoulder, so I wouldn't blame him for putting it down, even though it would have made a big difference to the game.

The yak

Juniors
Although I agree with you, I still believe the coach has to accept a reasonable amount of responsibility for the lack of effort, poor attitude etc. One of Griffins jobs is to prepare the players correctly and he looks to be failing miserably in regards to that.

I agree with you that the coach needs to take some of the responsibility but sometimes coaches efforts can be in vain.
This doesn't happen all time but.
I remember back in 2000 we were playing the Bronco's and all week Royce Simmons recalled how well the boys had trained and how confident he was of a good performance and maybe an upset win could happen.
Come game day Royce recalled after the match how the preparations for the game were good but a concern had pop up during the warm up. The players appeared to be flat and some distracted. He and his assistants tried everything they could to rev them up for the match all to no avail. We got flogged by 40 odd.
Even the best preparations can sometimes be a waste of time.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Carty and peach killed country.

Just tell peach to sniff around carty all day.

Score tries aplenty.

I am now supercoach.

Pay me Gus.

Rhyno

First Grade
Missing

Pauli
Paulo
Peats
Morgan
Foran
Norman
Radradra
Jennings (lost him early)
From our starting 17 and you still only won because of the refs

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Missing

Pauli
Paulo
Peats
Morgan
Foran
Norman
Radradra

Whare
Hiku
McKendry
TMM
Latimore
Seggyaro
Soward

What's your point??

Shit Teams Blame referees for their losses, so I'm not surprised to read this.

Karnivayne

Juniors
Missing

Pauli
Paulo
Peats
Morgan
Foran
Norman
Radradra

You forgot Watmough..

Soward
Segeyaro
Whare
Hiku
Taylor
TMM
Mckendry
R Jennings
Latimore
From our starting 17 and we still won...
not to mention you played 17 v 16 and still lost....