What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Cowboys

Mojo

Bench
I like many others am wanting to see sloan back in the side, but as other posters have mentioned and I have seen live when Ive watched some of the ressies games, he is still off in defense, seems disinterested and drifts in and out of games. As written above that Griffin is under pressure to pick him in the side, well he would have all the ammunition in the world not to pick him, based on his improvement. Now I dont know whats up with the kid and in no way would I be in that inner sanctum, from the outside looking in he was tauted as the next big thing for the dragons, just about headlining all the TV adverts, the promotional videos for the Dragons and then he gets punted for not being defensively sound, big let down, which to all and sundry may be or not the correct call with other circumstances involved IE really poor weather etc, so on, so on. Now I dont know who is mentoring him, what Shaun Timmins involvement is, but for christ sake someone of some note, Flannagan, Soward anyone tell him he has got to play ressies just like as if he really wants it, and wants back in the NRL. Whilst displaying lethargies on the field indicates he is an unhappy little camper because he has been seeing his name up in lights and now they are not shining anymore. You have to show something especially when the head coach is there. Anyway I take Ramsay as an example, that kid worked his butt off to get back in grade and I feel sorry for him now, in no way did he kick stones or say he was hard done by, just worked hard and let his football do the talking. Its what champions are made of and I couldnt be happier for him. On a final note I cant wait for Sloan to be in that side, he is an elite talent and I want to always remember him for that and not just having an attitude about what is or isnt happening, he just needs to realise that he is playing a game that we all wish we could have played at his level and had 5% of the talent he possess. Good luck son but get your head right and put a smile on your face, enjoy what you love playing.
Yes. Thanks. It's clear that the hype around Sloane was over the top. The way things have panned out demonstrates the bad judgment of the coaches and development staff rather than Sloane not being ready for 1st grade. It was very foolish to take a kid who has barely played 1st grade and promote him as the messiah. Personally, I consider Sloane's performances in 1st grade were better than we ever should have expected. He's a great player. I hope they haven't permanently messed with his head. C'mon Sloany!

justadragon

Bench
Slightly off topic but where’s Crush?? Haven’t seen him on here for a while. It’s a shame coz his posts are usually a good read
he had a set to with another member and didnt want to be part of the forum anymore, yes I agree all the posts on here are worthy of a read and it just represents someone's opinion, I try to enjoy reading them all.

justadragon

Bench
Hey justa, just to note that comments were made by the Fox team before the Roosters game about Amone and how he is really putting in at training and doing everything he can to improve. He is apparently spending time outside of training getting up to speed with different elements of the game etc. They were really complimentary and praised his work ethic and drive to excel.

So it appears as though some are working super hard to improve and be a part of the team. I can't comment on all of the youngsters but you are right, it appears (at least from the outside) that Sloan isn't taking the same approach that Ramsay and Amone are.
thanks mate for the update, its a shame really because they should all be working hard and realise that being in first grade is earnt and not a given just because you have talent. Of course maybe they were watching the constant selection of Mr Norman, which totally shoots my theory down :)))

Dragsters

First Grade
he had a set to with another member and didnt want to be part of the forum anymore, yes I agree all the posts on here are worthy of a read and it just represents someone's opinion, I try to enjoy reading them all.

If that is indeed the case then that is not good.

We all come here to get news, discuss issues and express opinions on the our team and club and in doing that, should respect the views of others, even if they differ from our own.

That is the cruxt of open forum discussion...

justadragon

Bench
If that is indeed the case then that is not good.

We all come here to get news, discuss issues and express opinions on the our team and club and in doing that, should respect the views of others, even if they differ from our own.

That is the cruxt of open forum discussion...
I think a lot of people on here take what is written to heart and especially after a loss, and a poor one at that, there's a lot of emotion and frustration, and it just spills over. Being a dragons fan I think you should always be prepared to ride that rollacoaster and just accept that some people are going to hate that ride.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think a lot of people on here take what is written to heart and especially after a loss, and a poor one at that, there's a lot of emotion and frustration, and it just spills over. Being a dragons fan I think you should always be prepared to ride that rollacoaster and just accept that some people are going to hate that ride.
Very true justa. If anyone has a go at me, I'll just sulk with both my thumbs in my mouth😜

Latest posts