What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Broncos: Game Day Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Funny. I watch them all. And as much as we joke about the play the balls, we pushed it further than anyone I've seen tonight.
I too noticed how 'smooth' our play-the-balls were tonight, though as always, when I 'notice' something like that I assume I am probably fixating on one incident and then succumbing to confirmation bias. At least getting confirmation that you saw it too reduces that likelihood that my brain (and yours) is making it up.

Chipmunk

Coach
What argument am I trying to win?

I'm guessing that the Broncos were up 12 nil because we had no ball, but I don't think that was the case. Outside of 2 sets where they scored two tries they didn't really look like scoring. It was the case of some good play from the Broncos and some not good play by Parra for a couple of sets. Not some major skew in possesion that didn't occur at the level of the argument your trying to make.

Chipmunk

Coach
I noticed how smooth our play-the-balls were tonight, though as always, when I 'notice' something like that I assume I am probably fixating on one incident and then succumbing to confirmation bias. At least getting confirmation that you saw it too reduces that likelihood that my brain (and yours) is making it up.

The Broncos are also a side who do not really get into the wrestle as much as others, which I think allows you to play the ball faster.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm guessing that the Broncos were up 12 nil because we had no ball, but I don't think that was the case. Outside of 2 sets where they scored two tries they didn't really look like scoring. It was the case of some good play from the Broncos and some not good play by Parra for a couple of sets. Not some major skew in possesion that didn't occur at the level of the argument your trying to make.
Well I noticed they had all the ball. But just like with our dodgy play-the-balls, I concede I might have noticed something that wasn't there. If I had to give a number I'd say they had about 70% possession at the time.

jk13

First Grade
It seemed like the refs played a bit more home ground advantage tonight in the ruck, about f**king time! Reckon in Brisbane in a few weeks we'll get 3-5 more penalties against us for the slow down

jk13

First Grade
Broncos hav 2 many young forwards who haven't mastered the wrestle, they are beasts in running though

I too noticed how 'smooth' our play-the-balls were tonight, though as always, when I 'notice' something like that I assume I am probably fixating on one incident and then succumbing to confirmation bias. At least getting confirmation that you saw it too reduces that likelihood that my brain (and yours) is making it up.
I noticed it within about ten minutes. I know of confirmation bias but I watched it for most of the rest of the game. The only one I remember putting foot to ball was Jennings, who did it two or three times. No one else did except for a brief touch after an unusually slow play the ball. Everyone else lifted the leg and rolled. Without fail. It's a stark difference to just one week ago.

Chipmunk

Coach
I noticed it within about ten minutes. I know of confirmation bias but I watched it for most of the rest of the game. The only one I remember putting foot to ball was Jennings, who did it two or three times. No one else did except for a brief touch after an unusually slow play the ball. Everyone else lifted the leg and rolled. Without fail. It's a stark difference to just one week ago.

If you take a look at Cowboys v Broncos matches, they're ripping contests and I've always felt because neither team concentrates on the wrestle, so you get a very free flowing spectacle.

The Storm also seem to be able to blow the Broncos off the park and have done it twice in the last two seasons. There has to be a reason they can do this.

I'd be surprised if our play the balls are as fast next week against the Dogs...time will tell.

jk13

First Grade
Im now interested in whether we make ground against the dogs unlike last time. Vave did the job tonight to start the roll. He's pretty essential for us atm

If you take a look at Cowboys v Broncos matches, they're ripping contests and I've always felt because neither team concentrates on the wrestle, so you get a very free flowing spectacle.

The Storm also seem to be able to blow the Broncos off the park and have done it twice in the last two seasons. There has to be a reason they can do this.

I'd be surprised if our play the balls are as fast next week against the Dogs...time will tell.
And considering the way the Broncos played tonight, playing the ball properly, maybe it's not that surprising that they're the Storm's bunnies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hindy111 said we are only a game away from clicking and we have a team that can win it if click
So what do people think now? See when pases stick. This is why we are a chance.
Canberra,Penrith and St George still al deserve to be ahead of us........

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can some merkin give me some tigers merkins fans name who I should ping who bagged us for signing Moses and celebrated the retention of brooks??
Clifferd mate, he was still on the NRL forum bagging him deluxe early on and hoping his neck was broken. Poor lad is like a lover scorned.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Damn, that is a fair f**king effort considering the dog shit scenarios he has copped since taking over in 2014.

And some think he's out of his depth. There is a fair chance BA could end up as influential as Gibson. We should count our lucky stars he didn't jump ship last year. Thank f**k he's a parra man through and through.

Latest posts