What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. the SCUM

slippery5

Juniors
Their Was a set in the game with about 5 minutes to go that Andrew Johns described as the worst set in NRL history and I agreed it was very telling we were all bunched no one wanted to hit the ball no one put their hand up to do something It was just one out one out one out and then we dropped it it was truly pathetic with the game on the line (and some can argue the season) and THAT is what we dished up no enthusiasm no aggression no creativity and no clue.

We have no heart and desire anymore our forwards are soft and we have the worst hooker rotation in the comp making our attack slow and pedestrian as mentioned in an earlier post we have made playing dumb football and art form.
In defence of one player, I thought JDB played his heart out, Cut guys in half & stopped more than one certain try on the Goal line with one on one tackles, Made the only break all game & his notable disappointment at full time was from some one who gives his all. Unfortunately he doesn't have any hard running middle forwards to follow up.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Sure it's relatively early days but Amone is starting to stand out as a bit of a weakness in the team. Obviously defensively he has his moments but his attack is pedestrian for someone touted as a dynamic young player. It doesn't help with the noise regarding Sullivan and Hunt...at this current point it's Amone I would feel least concerned about losing.

Sullivan got somewhat crucified for a poor game during origin. Sloan will cop it for tonight (he was not good when needed) but Amone should not avoid the microscope for now a full season of being very, very vanilla. A better 6 tonight and we come up with enough points to win.
Imagine if we had someone like Dylan Brown. Pace, football nouse and a kicking game. It's all you ask of a 5/8.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Biggest thing to come out of the game was the presser by Griffin
"we were a bit clunky AT TIMES" !!!!!!
What times WEREN'T we clunky, you nufty????
compared to (dare I say) Goulds & Freddy's comments,
"they never looked like they new what to do with the ball & the 5/8 wasn't any where to be seen"
How many changes next week other than forced? None I predict.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Sloan dropped an uncontested bomb. I see that happen every 2nd or 3rd game each weekend. I also once watched some guy who now captains us drop an uncontested kick off to hand a grand final to the Cowboys. Some keyboard warriors just love to pile onto a guy who’s had his confidence shattered by this dinosaur of a “coach”.
The poor kid should have been on the wing all year getting used to first grade the same way the smart coaches blood their up and coming fulllbacks. Most modern fullbacks get introduced to first grade on the wing. Our coach throws them in to fullback, then drops them, then lets them sit in reserve grade for half a season, then gIves them 10 minutes off the bench, then sets them up for failure. And while he’ll pick exactly the same slow, error ridden, defensively pathetic forward pack that’s the laughing stock of the NRL next week, I’m betting he’ll punish Sloan for an unforced error and the whole cycle will repeat again….
Yeah. You’re right. He probably should be on the wing. But does that mean he’ll suddenly learn how to catch bombs? No…he’ll be targeted all game. Maybe, an idea would be for him to go away and learn how to catch bombs. Maybe at training or in Reggies and then play first grade on the wing. I’m not having a go at him, nor the coach giving him a chance at fb. I just think he’s not ready for FG

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah. You’re right. He probably should be on the wing. But does that mean he’ll suddenly learn how to catch bombs? No…he’ll be targeted all game. Maybe, an idea would be for him to go away and learn how to catch bombs. Maybe at training or in Reggies and then play first grade on the wing. I’m not having a go at him, nor the coach giving him a chance at fb. I just think he’s not ready for FG
These short/medium stints that Sloan has recently been given do not improve his ability to catch bombs etc. He needs at least a couple of full games on the wing to help build his confidence and at the same time train every minute of the waking day to catch bombs until down pat. The better ones who can catch under pressure 99% of the time would have done this as part of their normal drive to become better.

I must admit that our supposed "young guns" played really well in Jersey Flegg together so they know each others play, but in the higher grades, they lack something and while Amone has played quite a bit of first grade now, he still is below the standards of a top class 5/8th. Time might get these players better and I would like to see it particularly if all can be playing several first grade games together, but whether or not it is to do with poor coaching and mentoring, fitness and conditioning, I don't know if they will be the world beaters we have been wishing for.

Old Timer

Coach
This whole club has been underwhelming ever since Bennett left.
If the real truth be known the club was somewhat underwhelming when Bennett was here
We played stoic uninspiring football and despite having real chances to win 3 comps we won only 1 and that was the year Melbourne played for for no points.
It was great to win a comp but there needs to be proper reflection surrounding that

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
If the real truth be known the club was somewhat underwhelming when Bennett was here
We played stoic uninspiring football and despite having real chances to win 3 comps we won only 1 and that was the year Melbourne played for for no points.
It was great to win a comp but there needs to be proper reflection surrounding that
Jeezus mate, you’re hard to please

redv13

Bench
Cmon OT, 09-11 was a pleasure to watch week after week. Hardly ever played poorly and the defensive wall was beautiful to watch. Opposition teams were getting turned away and broken more often then not

since77

Juniors
My goodness I would be thrilled if our defence was even half as solid as it was under Bennett.

Old Timer

Coach
Cmon OT, 09-11 was a pleasure to watch week after week. Hardly ever played poorly and the defensive wall was beautiful to watch. Opposition teams were getting turned away and broken more often then not
It could have been so so much better but we became satisfied because we won a comp
With the riches he inherited and the talent that came the simple reality is we should have done better.
But we refuse to question any of it and accept some mediocrity in amongst it.
2011 was a clusterf**k of the highest order.

redv13

Bench
It could have been so so much better but we became satisfied because we won a comp
With the riches he inherited and the talent that came the simple reality is we should have done better.
1st half of 2011 was beautiful but yes things went poopy after that

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yeah. They went shit halfway through 2011 when Bennett announced he was leaving for Newcastle and signed half the squad. You’re a bit of a glass half empty kind of guy me thinks.

Latest posts