What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Dogs

getsmarty

Immortal
grahamj--80611nh62.jpg

TEAM LISTS

NRL Team: Round 24 V Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 21 Aug 2018, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 24 clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, August 26.

The Dragons will celebrate Members Appreciation Round against the Bulldogs, in what will also be Jason Nightingale's final game in the St George region.

Nightingale (neck) will return on the wing in place of Jordan Pereira who reverts back to Jai Field's spot on the interchange.

Paul Vaughan (ankle) has also been named in the reserves and may potentially make his return against the Bulldogs.

NRL squad for Round 24 v Bulldogs:

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jason Nightingale – sponsored by SMAI
6. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt– sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Floormania
10. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell (c) – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
15. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Westfund
17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Zac Lomax
19. Jai Field
20. Paul Vaughan
21. Jacob Host

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/08/21/nrl-team-round-24-v-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/

BLM01

First Grade
I suppose we have all seen this weeks team sheet. No surprises as usual..except Periera to bench..or will that be Nighty..hmmm

why would we be playing perreira on the bench ??? Am i the only one thinking that's just plain stupid ??

No Vinnie, am pretty sure the vast majority of forum members are disappointed with Mary's decision.

I can understand Flo wanting a farewell at Jubilee Oval. We all hold Flo in high regard. He has had a tremendous career and has been a model club man.

The try Pereira scored last week would not have been scored by Flo as he is simply too slow.

There was a time when our administration was business like and ruthless. It would let players go before they were done.

It is about time our administration reintroduced this policy.

Gomarchin

Juniors
We're no chance this week. Old mate (and Bulldogs life member) Luke Patten is video ref.

I wonder if any of the current refs like Luke Phillips? He hasn't helped one bit...

ALSGI

Bench
FMD.

We show significant signs of improvement and then drop LL and JP. Great message to our ISP players.

LL needs to remain in the starting 13 after last week, rest JDB or Friz freshen them up for the finals.

No way should JP be droped for Nighty. I know Mary said the squad want him to play at Kogarah - so f**kcing what. The fans want to win. The fans want to challenge for the top 4. Nighty offers nothing in attack, nothing unless it’s inside the 5m. He deserves a big farewell but not at the expsense of weakening the team. Not at he expsense of weakening our chances for a top 4 finish.

BLM01

First Grade
We're no chance this week. Old mate (and Bulldogs life member) Luke Patten is video ref.

I wonder if any of the current refs like Luke Phillips? He hasn't helped one bit...
Whats the point of hiring him anyway unless he can talk direct in the ears with the on field officials for us...whats the point of paying another wasted salary. I suppose thats what clubs do these days, waste money for the sake of it cause they have got it.
I said Dragons by 1 last week but forgot the 0. Dragons by 6 this week...Patten or no Patten

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
FMD.

We show significant signs of improvement and then drop LL and JP. Great message to our ISP players.

LL needs to remain in the starting 13 after last week, rest JDB or Friz freshen them up for the finals.

No way should JP be droped for Nighty. I know Mary said the squad want him to play at Kogarah - so f**kcing what. The fans want to win. The fans want to challenge for the top 4. Nighty offers nothing in attack, nothing unless it’s inside the 5m. He deserves a big farewell but not at the expsense of weakening the team. Not at he expsense of weakening our chances for a top 4 finish.
Dont panic. Mary is playing ducks and drakes. Surprises galore this week with the final run on side announced 3.00pm Sunday.
He has our team sorted and firing on all cylinders except the 7th one.

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Dont panic. Mary is playing ducks and drakes. Surprises galore this week with the final run on side announced 3.00pm Sunday. He has our team sorted and firing on all cylinders except the 7th one.
I hope you’re right BLM, but suspect you’re giving Mary too much credit.
Honestly, with Nighty it’s like Mary’s trying to work out where the carburettor fits on the new turbo diesel.

FMD.

We certainly showed signs of improvement in our defence But that;s about it.
The Tigers basically self destructed with a very low completion rate.
I am not sure Periera had a lot to do with it.
Lucky played out of his skin and he, Mann and Sims were instrumental in helping us getting the chocolates on front of a marvelous Leichardt crowd.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, with Vaughan out I'm predicting we go with the same team as last week with the 1 change as Nighty in and JP will drop out and play ISP. I also thing Field will come into the 17 like last week.

blacksafake

First Grade
Surely nighty won’t play. It could be a case of picking him in his normal spot in his last game at home or why else would you have JP taking up a bench spot.:thinking: