What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Manly

Chins get the wins

First Grade
No... he always had some ability there...

You just didnt see it.

I did.. the club did. Trust me.. ive seen enough of turuva to know he isn't that type of plsyer..

Dyls no superstar at the back in terms of ball playing but hes serviceable. Turuva is an out an out ball runner.

No two ways about it...

I think wing is his best spot and im a huge turuva fan and always have been even when he wad fb in the lower grades
His broken field running is so incredible and his corner finishing is meh. I think he can play 1 in the NRL

Winning by 12 with half your spine pulling out the day before against a side desperate to win to stay in contention is a solid effort.

Is it a concern the side wasn’t more ruthless? Over the last two weeks we have played two top 8 sides and hardly given them a sniff, so I think tonight is the outlier.

Move onto the next game.

Iamback

Coach
Winning by 12 with half your spine pulling out the day before against a side desperate to win to stay in contention is a solid effort.

Is it a concern the side wasn’t more ruthless? Over the last two weeks we have played two top 8 sides and hardly given them a sniff, so I think tonight is the outlier.

Move onto the next game.

Not with half a dozen from the top 17 out. Just banking 2 points matters and in a few weeks we can rest guys to ramp it up.

Need to not go too early. Been a long few years

Iamback

Coach
Yeo is a god. I just feel only a DCE blinder could beat us and Critter completely took him out of the game.
Apart from the kicking side of things

Manly are too dumb to beat us.

Not sure Koula got any ball. He had a 2nd rower marking him and didn't get anything.

Our left side was picked apart by the slow guys but Garrick and DCE don't play both sides to get Saab/Koula any ball

Iamback

Coach
Our middle again just way too good. Manly had try go around us and thats always a tough position to play from. Once we started reading their shifts they had very little and we coasted in the strangulation position.

Thought both hookers had poor moments defensively but looked dangerous with the ball. Sommerton kept the ruck honest and grabbed momentum with some good runs on a few occasions. Maybe a year or so away though.

Hosking was much improved defensively and iced his role in the To'o try. I doubt we'll see much more of him there but I think he's absolutely the best of the unorthodox options.

On the hookers

We know where Luke is.

Sommerton came across had the 2 disrupted years of Flegg due to Covid. Then was a St Marys player to start last year... so still very raw

Fangs

Coach
Yes the boys are going to the big one.

If we don't I'll take the bus back to Brookvale.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yes the boys are going to the big one.

If we don't I'll take the bus back to Brookvale.
I drove Umina to Mosman for 15 years. Thank f**k that's out of my life.
I started work at 6 just to miss all the traffic but I regularly got punished on the way home

MugaB

Coach
So true. I decided against saying anything when those predictions were made. Because i end up sounding like a creaky old record.

We missed having 2/3rd's of our spine out tonight.

Missed not having Tago or Peach in the centres too.

Considering all of that. Penrith did well. Against a desperate team who threw the kitchen sink + more at us.

Edwards and To'o looked better tonight, Pickles last week looked to be really struggling.

Saw a video of spencer on Insta getting some cupping done. He might be back soon too.
Im not a massive mathetican, but we were without 2/4ths of our regular spine players..

MugaB

Coach
Manly are too dumb to beat us.

Not sure Koula got any ball. He had a 2nd rower marking him and didn't get anything.

Our left side was picked apart by the slow guys but Garrick and DCE don't play both sides to get Saab/Koula any ball
Anyone see Martins work on Schuster, just pestered him... i love it!

Latest posts