What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Manly

Girds89

Bench
Quality NRL comedy.
Turuva will need to leave to get a spot at 1 😞. f**king electric in space, he's no winger

Hes an out an out winger mate..

The days off ball running fbs are gone...

Fbs need some skill and trust me if you thought dyl was avg he has nothing in the ball playing department.

I love turuva... but he is soo similar to dwz in terms of abilities and junior abilities...

Dwz was a freak at fb coming through... had no ball skills tho... so made nrl wing spot his home..

Turuva is the same.. hes a star tho...

Sad thing is in a poor team that gets dominated for fiekd possession hed look avg...

Say he was at the tigers... hed be tsrgetted heavily on kicks against tall wingers.. and he wouldnt be able to compete agsinst blokes 4 or 5 inches taller than him..

But we are such a good defensive team we bareky ket teams get close to threatening him on the kick..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Hes an out an out winger mate..

The days off ball running fbs are gone...

Fbs need some skill and trust me if you thought dyl was avg he has nothing in the ball playing department.

I love turuva... but he is soo similar to dwz in terms of abilities and junior abilities...

Dwz was a freak at fb coming through... had no ball skills tho... so made nrl wing spot his home..

Turuva is the same.. hes a star tho...

Sad thing is in a poor team that gets dominated for fiekd possession hed look avg...

Say he was at the tigers... hed be tsrgetted heavily on kicks against tall wingers.. and he wouldnt be able to compete agsinst blokes 4 or 5 inches taller than him..

But we are such a good defensive team we bareky ket teams get close to threatening him on the kick..
Dylan was VERY poor in that department. Tonight was poor infact. I'm thinking shoulder niggle after one of his passes

Girds89

Bench
Disagree.

DCE was our best. Garrick second.

Two crucial tries set up by these fellas when things were tight.
No...

Manly tried to win by playing expansive...

They decided that was the only way they could beat us... that was obvious from the opening minutes...

You cant say dce and gsrrick were our best because there low percentage plays didnt come off...

Pressure does that... scoreboard Pressure, defensive pressure and lsdder pressure does that

They tried everything to break us.. it looked fancy but it didnt work..

Saying dce or garrick was our best discredits everything we are about...

They took risks and it failed due to our pressure..
They had a plan they had to do thst to beat us...

It failed....

Chins get the wins

First Grade
No...

They decided that was the only way they could beat us... that was obvious from the opening minutes...

You cant say dce and gsrrick were our best because there low percentage plays didnt come off...

Pressure does that... scoreboard Pressure, defensive pressure and lsdder pressure does that

It failed....
They took it to ridiculous levels. Was a good laugh

Girds89

Bench
Dylan was VERY poor in that department. Tonight was poor infact. I'm thinking shoulder niggle after one of his passes

No... he always had some ability there...

You just didnt see it.

I did.. the club did. Trust me.. ive seen enough of turuva to know he isn't that type of plsyer..

Dyls no superstar at the back in terms of ball playing but hes serviceable. Turuva is an out an out ball runner.

No two ways about it...

I think wing is his best spot and im a huge turuva fan and always have been even when he wad fb in the lower grades

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It was always going to be a tough game. Didn’t really understand suggestions this was going to be a 30 point plus win. It was just as I expected. Hard slog, got the job done against a side who were desperate. Two points, move on.

So true. I decided against saying anything when those predictions were made. Because i end up sounding like a creaky old record.

We missed having 2/3rd's of our spine out tonight.

Missed not having Tago or Peach in the centres too.

Considering all of that. Penrith did well. Against a desperate team who threw the kitchen sink + more at us.

Edwards and To'o looked better tonight, Pickles last week looked to be really struggling.

Saw a video of spencer on Insta getting some cupping done. He might be back soon too.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Im saying that i thought we were poor...

Nathan was terrible without jerome which is concerning
He wasn't good. Too many parts missing. If Nathan wants to be remembered as a great and yes hisb prime is still a few years away he should own games like this.

Kilkenny

Coach
Im saying that i thought we were poor...

Nathan was terrible without jerome which is concerning
I thought the Sea Eagles had a crack.

We we’re a little off in attack but we have been for weeks even if winning comfortably.

I don’t think we were poor, just think we were in a comfort zone. Whether that is a good thing I don’t know.

age.s

First Grade
No...

It failed....
I agree with the gist of this post, but that kick from Garrick was absolute bananas.

Girds89

Bench
I agree with the gist of this post, but that kick from Garrick was absolute bananas.
It was terrible but as seibs said in the post match it was all part of the plan...

Than ivan was questioned on it and he credited dyl for being an elite fb to be back there and set up the try play for critta amd tino.

Manly decided to throw everything at us...

It failed badly.. amyone that thinks that makes them our best players is silly... they failed their own gameplan badly

Iamback

Coach
It was always going to be a tough game. Didn’t really understand suggestions this was going to be a 30 point plus win. It was just as I expected. Hard slog, got the job done against a side who were desperate. Two points, move on.

We won by 12.

Moses bombed 2 tries, There is 24 there

Latest posts