What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Raiders - Game Day Thread

Noise

Coach
No I'm not kidding.
Fair dinkum mate, you sound like a schoolboy saying everything is against the Eels.

It's no wonder that Junior League has problems with kids/parents abusing the refs. Refs cop abuse from parents and it filters down. Go onto any losing teams forums (not just parra) and every 2nd merkin is blaming the refs and glossing over their own teams mistakes. It's kind of embarrassing and no wonder that rugby league (both junior and senior) has the biggest problems with ref abuse in the country.

strider

Post Whore
To be honest I think the ref's made some calls that went against both teams on the day. Blaming the ref's for us losing this match is just ridiculous.
I honestly think 3 of their tries were blatant no tries ... and i would bet my right nut we would have had them called up

Yeah i know we were pretty poor in the 2nd half but i think the momentum handed to the raiders was a massive part of that too

And for the record i value my right nut higher than my left

Noise

Coach
If you asked me before the match if I'd take a 10 point loss I would of given you a hell yes... But I'm still pissed off.
Btw, IDG and Robo have proven that they'll be great back ups for us next year, they were brilliant defensively..

Robson missed 4 tackles, the most of any half. I wouldn't say that is brilliant.

Eelogical

Referee
Semi was ordinary from what I saw. He dropped a great pass plus fumbled a few times and look out of sorts for the most part. I started watching the game 25 minutes in and got to see us kick a penalty goal as the only points scored by the Eels. Great times.

strider

Post Whore
It's no wonder that Junior League has problems with kids/parents abusing the refs. Refs cop abuse from parents and it filters down. Go onto any losing teams forums (not just parra) and every 2nd merkin is blaming the refs and glossing over their own teams mistakes. It's kind of embarrassing and no wonder that rugby league (both junior and senior) has the biggest problems with ref abuse in the country.
It has the biggest problems cos its the biggest code ... and its not exactly the educated toffs participating

Dibs

Bench
If the refs can't handle the abuse they should stop reading the forums. In all serious though there is no room for ref abuse at junior footy games. At senior games I have no problem with some of it. Telling a ref he needs glasses no big deal trying to punch his head in as he leaves the field priceless... I mean it's not on

Noise

Coach
It has the biggest problems cos its the biggest code ... and its not exactly the educated toffs participating

I'm pretty sure that AFL is the biggest code in the country. And soccer has higher participation rates. And I agree about the uneducated bogans. I hate union but the players and fans don't carry on about the refs like league ones do.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone who thought we didn't get a fair go in that second half are kidding themselves. The knock on call against Robbo, then a piss weak hold down penalty and then a try off a mile forward pass. That was when the momentum changed and we were never a chance of getting it back.

Dibs

Bench
Semi was ordinary from what I saw. He dropped a great pass plus fumbled a few times and look out of sorts for the most part. I started watching the game 25 minutes in and got to see us kick a penalty goal as the only points scored by the Eels. Great times.
So it's your f*cken fault merkin.

Gronk

Staff member
I was disappointed in Windscreens. First start in NRL and offered so little for such a big body.

Noise

Coach
If the refs can't handle the abuse they should stop reading the forums. In all serious though there is no room for ref abuse at junior footy games. At senior games I have no problem with some of it. Telling a ref he needs glasses no big deal trying to punch his head in as he leaves the field priceless... I mean it's not on

Sure, but when kids see their parents / other fans / internet nuffies abusing the refs they think that is acceptable and it carries down to junior leagues.

Suitman

Post Whore
I was disappointed in Windscreens. First start in NRL and offered so little for such a big body.

wow. That was a shock.
He's shown nothing more in any other game he has played.
Arthur gave him some responsibility, and he still couldn't step up.
He is one to let go.
Not even good enough as a solid back up.

Noise

Coach
Anyone who thought we didn't get a fair go in that second half are kidding themselves. The knock on call against Robbo, then a piss weak hold down penalty and then a try off a mile forward pass. That was when the momentum changed and we were never a chance of getting it back.

I thought that was the correct call. He lost control of it and then it hit the Raiders merkin's leg in the tackle before Robson regained control.

Noise

Coach
wow. That was a shock.
He's shown nothing more in any other game he has played.
Arthur gave him some responsibility, and he still couldn't step up.
He is one to let go.
Not even good enough as a solid back up.

Do we have any solid backups???

Eelogical

Referee
Some forward passes by the Raiders, or as they call them these days 'very flat'. Eels still need to find the mental toughness to stay in a game though, regardless of the ref decisions. Anyone prepared to say that after Canberra scored shortly after half time that we would hold them out? Honestly, I felt the game was gone right there and then. Why? Because recent Eels history seems to dictate it.

Dibs

Bench
Sure, but when kids see their parents / other fans / internet nuffies abusing the refs they think that is acceptable and it carries down to junior leagues.
Disagree. I mean I know that happens but it's not because the parents do it. It's because the parents don't teach them about a time and a place. My kids just watched me abuse the refs, our players and canberra's for 85 minutes (I was still unloading 5 minutes after the siren) however when they play or watch local sport they know the rules are different. We respect the officials, our players and the opposition

strider

Post Whore
Ive gotta agree ... i hate seeing it at junior footy

And i might bitch on here, but my experiences at parra games tell me i am not in the same universe as alot of supporters going off about refs

I honestly think we had two rather poor refs who got sucked in by the raiders bandwagon today ... not saying we didnt f**kup plenty of times, but its easy to look shit when all the calls are going against you

Kornstar

Coach

Internet nuffies abusing players and coaches is ok though........

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought that was the correct call. He lost control of it and then it hit the Raiders merkin's leg in the tackle before Robson regained control.
I don'y think it touched a raider, and he caught it before it hit the turf.

Latest posts