What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Friday 2nd September 7:55pm @Allianz Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Rivalry. No doubt it exists, no doubt it is strong. We'll experience that fully once again this week as we take on the old foe, the arch-rivals in the Roosters this Friday night. Once again, the biggest rivalry in Australian sport will be on show as 114 years of genuine hatred, animosity, jealousy and bitterness come to the fore as we get ready to write another chapter in the Book of Feuds. hate is a very strong word, one that I don't use super often. However, hate is simply not a strong enough word to describe how I feel, how I'm, sure our whole club feels, about these wankers from Bondi. It's hard to put into words but my blood just boils when I think about it. There's certainly no love lost right now, in fact, I don't think the animosity between our two clubs has ever been more intense than it is right now. When you consider everything that's happened between us in the past two years, the animosity has never been greater.

Thought a Roosters vs Rabbitohs clash was big enough as it is?? Think again. This one ain't just any old clash between the old foes, it's probably one of the most significant in our 114-year history. Not only is it Round 25, the last tune up before Finals, but we have the honor of opening the brand-new Allianz Stadium. It's going to be a monumental occasion, 40 thousand plus people there. As I said, one of the most significant in our history and it doesn't get much bigger than this for a Regular Season game.

Anyway, as much as I despise them, you do have to admit that the Roosters are going well right now. It pains me to say that but it's true. They've found their groove over the last eight weeks or so to the point where they are one of the form teams of the competition and they'll no doubt come into this one full of confidence and arrogance after they bet the Storm last week. That was a statement and shows where they're really at. So much strike all across the park in Tedesco, Manu, Keary, Walker, JWH, Crichton etc, etc. Star players everywhere, no wonder they're over the cap!! Sorry I couldn't resist. But no, in all seriousness, this week is going to be a huge challenge as these Bondi wankers have emerged as serious contenders. God, I hope we can knock them down a peg. it all starts in the middle and if we can get on top, or match them there, well then, I'm confident that will give us the upper hand. We've been able to do that in recent meetings, we've been able to dominate them in fact, but I don't think that will be the case this time out, they'll be up for us.

For us, it's all about continuing to build and using this week to iron out any little chinks in our game. I'm confident we have what it takes to really stick it to the Roosters in the opening of their self-entitled new toy, but we do have some areas we need to improve on no doubt. Number one is the error rate. We make as many errors as we did last week and the Chooks will pull our pants down, it's as simple as that. So that needs to be fixed up quick smart. Our attack will also need to be better, and we know how dangerous we can be so I'm confident that will come right. Finally, let's keep this defensive effort going, don't let that wall be broken easily! But perhaps the biggest thing this week is to not get caught up in the emotion. Of course, we need to play with passion, play with hatred against these guys but don't get carried away, don't let the occasion overawe you. We've seen that happen to the Roosters before. They won't do it this time so we can't afford to let it happen either.

Oh man, my blood is already boiling and its only Monday!! Seriously cannot wait for this one! Hate these pricks, let's give it to em' and ruin their opening party, make it known that we're coming to Allianz, and it will be OUR home one day, not theirs! Now doubt another chapter of fury will be written in the Book of Feuds this weekend. Let's goooooooo!!

callmack1

Staff member
From the Sydney Morning Herald,

Meanwhile, Cook, who was withdrawn hours before South Sydney’s crucial win over the Cowboys after testing positive to COVID-19, looks certain to miss a second match.

Coach Jason Demetriou not willing to risk his hooker for the opening of the new Allianz Stadium on Friday night, and is also reluctant to have him around the rest of the players if there is a chance he could pass on the virus.

Cook would have been available for selection if Wednesday’s national cabinet meeting approves a reduction in isolation time from seven days to five.

Cook told the Herald on Monday he would wait to return a negative test before he decides on when to return to the Rabbitohs’ fold.

It’s likely to allow the Rabbitohs’ back-up hooker Peter Mamouzelos the chance to play his first NRL game of the season, having nursed a broken wrist midway through the season when he would have been expected to get time with Cook on State of Origin duty.

The Rabbitohs can’t finish higher than fifth on the ladder, and might only be playing for sixth and home ground advantage in a finals repeat with the Roosters if the Eels can sew up a top four spot against the Storm on Thursday night.

“We’ll be cautious with Damien’s return because he struggled with [the after-effects] when he had it the first time around,” South Sydney chief executive Blake Solly said. “We certainly won’t push him to come back unless he’s 100 per cent right.

“I think everyone is going to be a heightened state of awareness. Unfortunately, you can never safeguard anyone 100 per cent from catching it, but we’ll continue all of the NRL protocols and be as vigilant as popular.”

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 25 against the Roosters,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Mamouzelos
10. Sele
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Suluka-Fifita
16. Havili
17. Burgess

There's a lot of debate about whether to rest players or not but it's simple in my eyes. Full steam ahead for mine! I can understand the argument to rest but I disagree, we haven't earnt that luxury this year.

Firstly, 5th spot is potentially on the line if the Storm beat Parra. This would see us playing Brisbane or Canberra Week 1 which is huge!! We've gotta go all out for 5th, go all out for the win.

Secondly, this is one of the biggest games in our history with the opening of a new Stadium we'll hopefully call home in the future. You can't rest players for that surely?

Finally, we have some chinks in our game I still feel need to be ironed out this week or we could be caught out in the Finals and having a close to full strength side gives us a better opportunity to do that.

The only ones I'd be resting are Cook (too risky to play him) and Nicholls (who genuinely looks broken down, and I'd love to see DSF against his old club).

I get some people want to rest Trell out of fear he'll do something stupid, but I trust him. He needs to be smart enough to not buy into it and it will be drilled into the boys all week. We have to trust him. Surely, he's smarter than that? He's a senior player now and I think he's different this year. We saw it in Round 3 with his mature interaction with Joey Manu and he has a different mindset since returning from the US. Plus, he has a burning desire to play Finals for us after the past two years, he won't want to screw that up.

Long story short, full steam ahead.

Oh, and one more thing I almost forgot... f**k the Roosters!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Whose face is Latrell going to put his shoulder through this week?
Same can be said for JWH whose getting the typical elbow to the nose or elbow to the jaw from him? We all know he can do what he pleases only gets fined.

Oh actually how many penalties will that has been liability give away this week? I’m actually happy he’s playing will just likely mean we get more penalties.

As for Trell hopefully he’s gonna have a man of the match performance!

Valheru

Coach
Same can be said for JWH whose getting the typical elbow to the nose or elbow to the jaw from him? We all know he can do what he pleases only gets fined.

Oh actually how many penalties will that has been liability give away this week? I’m actually happy he’s playing will just likely mean we get more penalties.

As for Trell hopefully he’s gonna have a man of the match performance!
You will get more penalties for sure, you always do. It won't help you this week though.

Latrell will be binned within the first 10 minutes. All we have to do is give him a bit of a face rub and he won't be able to maintain composure.

You know it's true. The roosters players should be able to wear helmets with that lunatic unleashed.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Here's my predicted line up for Round 25 against the Roosters,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Mamouzelos
10. Sele
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Suluka-Fifita
16. Havili
17. Burgess

There's a lot of debate about whether to rest players or not but it's simple in my eyes. Full steam ahead for mine! I can understand the argument to rest but I disagree, we haven't earnt that luxury this year.

Firstly, 5th spot is potentially on the line if the Storm beat Parra. This would see us playing Brisbane or Canberra Week 1 which is huge!! We've gotta go all out for 5th, go all out for the win.

Secondly, this is one of the biggest games in our history with the opening of a new Stadium we'll hopefully call home in the future. You can't rest players for that surely?

Finally, we have some chinks in our game I still feel need to be ironed out this week or we could be caught out in the Finals and having a close to full strength side gives us a better opportunity to do that.

The only ones I'd be resting are Cook (too risky to play him) and Nicholls (who genuinely looks broken down, and I'd love to see DSF against his old club).

I get some people want to rest Trell out of fear he'll do something stupid, but I trust him. He needs to be smart enough to not buy into it and it will be drilled into the boys all week. We have to trust him. Surely, he's smarter than that? He's a senior player now and I think he's different this year. We saw it in Round 3 with his mature interaction with Joey Manu and he has a different mindset since returning from the US. Plus, he has a burning desire to play Finals for us after the past two years, he won't want to screw that up.

Long story short, full steam ahead.

Oh, and one more thing I almost forgot... f**k the Roosters!!!
I respectfully disagree.
Canberra is a terrible matchup for Souths, we've hardly beaten them in the last 4 years. Parra we have thrashed 6 games in a row.
You know my feelings about those Bondi @ssholes but honestly I don't care this time. We have thrashed them so many times recently, we have nothing to prove. The last think we need is injuries or suspensions before the semis.
Anyway, just my opinion

big hit!

Bench
So if Parra win, both clubs will most likely square off in week 1 of finals if Melbourne don't get flogged and Roosters don't flog Souths.

If Melbourne win, this match is a playoff for 5th which is a home final vs Canberra in Week 1. The loser will be 6th (as long as the Rabbitohs don't get absolutely flogged) with a home final vs Parra.

handyman2190

Bench
You will get more penalties for sure, you always do. It won't help you this week though.

Latrell will be binned within the first 10 minutes. All we have to do is give him a bit of a face rub and he won't be able to maintain composure.

You know it's true. The roosters players should be able to wear helmets with that lunatic unleashed.
So in one breath you say your donkey cocks will facerub latrell then your players should wear helmets, what hipocracy!!
Nrl360 yesterday spoke about your cheap shots and BS.
Its well known you resort to thugery in a bid to intimidate. You should be ashamed to accuse others of your faults,why come here, you goose!!
We are not interested in anything any of your ilk have to say,piss off

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 25 Against Roosters: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/08/30/rabbitohs-nrl-squad-for-round-25-against-roosters/

Reasonably happy with that! Pretty damn strong squad, almost as predicted. Good to see that we're not resting players for the most part as I believe we've gotta go all out for 5th if the Eels lose. The only ones missing are Cookie and Stretch. While they are two massive outs, I think it's probably the right call to rest them for next week, otherwise full steam ahead against the scum!

A bit nervous to see Jaxson back after how he played the other week and his signing with the team we're about to face but hopefully he's shaken all that off and wants to prove a lot of people wrong. He's still in our colours right now so should give it his all. I'd love nothing more than for him to have a good game!

Can't wait to see Trell once again take on his old club and hopefully he can keep his emotions in check.

Glad to see young Pistol Pete there too, that strengthens the hooker situation.

So yea, still a very good side that is more than capable of squashing the Chooks party! Is it Friday night yet??