What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 27 v Raiders

TruSaint

Referee
Yes Bud couldn't sum it up any better myself....Hunt needs to be the first out the door.....he's added SFA since hes been here and in particular when you consider the coin he's on......except for the blokes you mentioned tbh most of our blokes are not fit to wear the Red V they just were plain shithouse after half time

Agreed brother.

PS.. Hope you are well.

shiloh dc

Juniors
We have few if any complete players.
Sloan - has white line fever throws erratic passes, often out of position and can't tackle. No footy brain.
Feargai - can't defend and limited attack
Suli- one-dimensional in attack. Can't score.
Hunt - not inspirational, can't kick and has defensive concerns
Molo - not big enough and can't score.
Eisenhuth - Too slow can't attack.
Liddle - not 80 minute hooker. Wastes a bench player to replace him.
RFM - average in every area
Lawrie - too slow and not impactful
Lealua - too slow and can't create overlap.
Flanagan - limited attacking skills
Couchmans - need to see more

The only two players have near complete
De Belin
Sua

Lomax & Bird - leaving and not considered

Cook - we still have a hooker on the bench?
Holmes - has defensive frailties

We need a couple more complete players.

Last edited:

Spazer

Juniors
I really believe we overachieved this season, massively overachieved and our ladder position does not reflect how bad we have been.

Our non-existent ruck defence is still a huge issue as it has been for 3 straight years and the standoff defence is still in our game and has been well before dean young came to our side. Right side defensively is the weakest in the comp and to make things worse we are ill disciplined and give sides free possession which just compounds the issues mentioned above.

I don't think we have improved that much either; we were lucky to vs titans and tigers twice in one season and apart from the storm and panthers games we didn't really have any big wins. On paper we are better than previous years sure but it doesn't show on field.

Also, I don't think punting hunt is the answer, we really need a half who can kick and steer the team around with hunt doing more of the attack which he is good at.

Anyway, shout out to Liddle, Sua and Lomax, our 3 biggest improvers.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Today summed up our Season to a Tee
Very little thrust in attack
Little or no sting in our defence
Failure to put the attacker on the ground
Some of our defensive reads and efforts are embarrassing
Origin players making schoolboy errors
a shit kicking game
Majority of our players believing they are playing "park footy ' and not NRL
Failure to complete sets
The Raiders were on top when they were still 10 points behind
We never looked likely in the 2nd half
we all knew they would get us in the end
We are Clueless , Leaderless and cant handle expectation
Our For and Against is embarrassing
I would seriously look at All Contracts and advise Some they are free to go.
We need a completely new Direction , new Attitude and New Skipper...

TruSaint

Referee
What is our alternative if we punt or persuade Hunt to leave ?

I'va asked myself the same question mate, and to be honest I have reached the point where the answer is " I dont care ". I see him as having way too much dominance in the team, and may ( may not ), block a pathway to someone else.

It's clear that he has been here for the past 2 seasons begrudgingly. That alone does it for me. It;s not as if losing Hunt we lose a clutch player. Has his moments, but overall in our jersey, has been overpaid and over hyped.

Nutz

Bench
It was us playing in sloooow motion and not one player showed any desire to do much. We had chances but blew them because we are just so useless a team. Ben Hunt has no idea and when I see him not urging his plsyers on that really shits me. A leader has got to shout and yell and give orders to the others not just ponder what he should do. Bark, bark, bark.

Exactly mate, a captain has to have a loud voice. At every opportunity he needs to rally them and get them to fight.
They came out and played awesome but couldn't sustain it for 80min.
They lost their way both in attack and D because they were spent.
Players need to react positively when a captain barks orders. These days of touchy feely it's all about giving a bloke a cuddle when he drops the ball.

Illusion

Bench
I'va asked myself the same question mate, and to be honest I have reached the point where the answer is " I dont care ". I see him as having way too much dominance in the team, and may ( may not ), block a pathway to someone else.

It's clear that he has been here for the past 2 seasons begrudgingly. That alone does it for me. It;s not as if losing Hunt we lose a clutch player. Has his moments, but overall in our jersey, has been overpaid and over hyped.
Also no-one else is allowed to do anything ...... Blame him or the coach ?

SAP58

Juniors
We created the Hunt issue. We signed him for big money & wanted him to be the leader & playmaker, that is not his strength, that is not how QLD use him they utilize his strengths. We desperately need a playmaker, not sure where we will find him but that is Flannos BIG challenge but it definitely isn’t Hunt. Flanno has talked about a couple of younger players that could develop into our leader in the future but that is 2-3yrs away. What happens until then who knows but that is what Flanno gets paid to do. Good luck.