What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 26th March 8:05pm @Stadium Australia

My highlights of the night was waving goodbye to the Rorters supporters leaving with 10mins to go and seeing Robbo so pissed off in the box!

Plus the flick pass by Trell to Cody.

All belting out Glory Glory and Eastern suburbs rooster crowed and then was conquered too was awesome!

Plus having my Rorters mate having to sit next to me the whole night!

Let’s have another round of Glory Glory why not!

I suppose Vermin Souffs supporters would be more happier with the win than getting a centrelink raise- celebrated with a few more hot dogs/ KB's/ Brandivino's and Winnie reds i suppose before heading back to their struggle street abodes on the slum side of Anzac Parade or various parks with their swags.

View attachment 46994
Cook stands above the rest as you say.

A fair flogging of the roosters, Arrow copping a punch to the head resulting in plus 10 points and the wiping out of 2 or 3 rooster players, including a known traitor, effectively ending their season is not amongst the worst of all outcomes imaginable!

If it’s an acl, it’s tough for Keary. I wouldn’t wish that on any player tbh.

The seaon's only over if you want it to be and it is a 13 player or 17 counting the reserves aside game- one player isn't the team - Chooks still have plenty of cattle to still be in this comp.

Known Traitor ?? are you meaning Keary and Crichton both off contract and Crichton played Chooks junior reps in any case and Keary was unwanted after his barny with Crowebar.

You can say Mitchell is the traitor as he was still under contract at the Chooks.

My mate who got the tickets had an extra one so he invited another mate of his who just happens to be a Rooster fan.Turned out to be a top bloke and when Keary got hurt I was talking to him and he was praying it wasn't too bad as he acknowledged they will be in big trouble if they lose Keary for an extended period.

There’s a petition doing the rounds to keep Reynolds.

Against Tigers interests to mention it, but fair is fair.

If someone here is onto it, maybe you can post a link and forumers can sign up.

And lol the almost brawl and Arrow waving old mate off.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4d9884c8d7e4c8d77a3000043269a7f1

I like jai arrow what a great acquisition he is to souths already i loved his smile/grin with his red & green mouth guard when he was baiting the rorter player fifita after fifita had just hit him in the back of the head illegally.GOLD!!!

Were you feeling the same way when he ruffed up and manhandled an obviously concussed Tedesco in SOO3? - Fifita was silly doing what he did but Arrow in S003 that was another thing- Both received 1 week - Arrow should have got more weeks on the sideline.

Chooks will be smarter in dealing with Arrow next time- I know what Adrian Morley would have done to him and legally too

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
So Arrows roughing up of Tedesco when clearly concussed was fair play in your mind

Of course Arrow's roughing up of Tedesco was poor form. I dont think anyone would argue that was fair play. He should've served a longer suspension.

Obviously youre a roosters fan so go ahead and defend Daniel Suluka-Fifita for punching a player in the back of the head? Its literally a coward punch.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The seaon's only over if you want it to be and it is a 13 player or 17 counting the reserves aside game- one player isn't the team - Chooks still have plenty of cattle to still be in this comp.

Known Traitor ?? are you meaning Keary and Crichton both off contract and Crichton played Chooks junior reps in any case and Keary was unwanted after his barny with Crowebar.

You can say Mitchell is the traitor as he was still under contract at the Chooks.

Your kidding yourself if you think the roosters are still a chance. They might beat teams on the bottom but theyre past their best footy and they have an ageing squad. I hope you guys are ready for a rebuild because its going to be a rough couple of years. I suppose a lot of the fair weather fans will be cancelling their membership when you miss the 8.

For the first time in a while I think the roosters made a huge mistake in recruitment letting Kyle Flanagan go. They're now going to have to debut Sam Walker playing alongside Manu/Hutchinson.

I would never write them off but with Keary doing his ACL theyre going to be a lot clunkier this year.

Obviously hindsight is a bitch and you can never predict injuries but I definitely think Flanagan was better for Keary's game than Lam.

I think Robbo was sick of Flanno's Dad ringing him all the time- not sure what happened but some say he didn't fit in and was a bit like Jackson Hastings was in rubbing some of the senior players the wrong way- Not sure he made the right call in signing with the Dogs either - boy they are struggling 2 games straight without scoring a point - play you next- maybe 3?

Mad Bunny

Juniors
Your kidding yourself if you think the roosters are still a chance. They might beat teams on the bottom but theyre past their best footy and they have an ageing squad. I hope you guys are ready for a rebuild because its going to be a rough couple of years. I suppose a lot of the fair weather fans will be cancelling their membership when you miss the 8.

THATS GOLD.

They are still with a chance as only round 3 and who knows what will happen injury wise to other teams as well- if you lost say reynolds and walker for long periods how will you go then. Age is a number and with age comes experience.

Your at a stage now where you are running out of time to win a premiership as they always talk about premiership windows- your window is listed as closing- The old Elvis - it's now or never

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/news/nrl-2021-premiership-window-stats/1pqafub8eao2g1u2i6tqd04roa

It will be tough but there are still enough quality players there to be more than competitive - time will tell

Last edited:
Souths beat the rorters in the First Final14-12 @ Birchgrove oval in Sydney NSW in 1908.

South Sydney have won 21 premierships

The rorters have won 15 premierships

"SCUM " "FOREVERINOURSHADOW"

last 50 years though shows clearly Souffs Vermin are not even in the Chooks rear vision mirror - you have more than likely seen only 1 Souffs Vermin premiership win - I have seen the Chooks in 11 GF's for 6 wins- should have been more than 6 - Finals series/ other comps (pre-season/mid week)/ world club championships/minor premiers etc etc.

Be interesting to see when Crowe and Packer pull out of backing Souffs Vermin how you will go when you have the inevitable poor seasons- you have no assets to speak off unlike the Chooks do under the leadership of the Great Man - Uncle Nick Politis.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Jim Rockford

Bench
last 50 years though shows clearly Souffs Vermin are not even in the Chooks rear vision mirror - you have more than likely seen only 1 Souffs Vermin premiership win - I have seen the Chooks in 11 GF's for 6 wins- should have been more than 6 - Finals series/ other comps (pre-season/mid week)/ world club championships/minor premiers etc etc.

Be interesting to see when Crowe and Packer pull out of backing Souffs Vermin how you will go when you have the inevitable poor seasons- you have no assets to speak off unlike the Chooks do under the leadership of the Great Man - Uncle Nick Politis.

Enjoy it while it lasts
Whether or not they happened when he was alive is totally irrelevant.The history books show they happened and also show that for the entire history of both clubs, we have been more successful than the Bondi Nuggets.

Whether or not they happened when he was alive is totally irrelevant.The history books show they happened and also show that for the entire history of both clubs, we have been more successful than the Bondi Nuggets.

I did ask how many of these 21* have you witnesses - * is for some premierships won via dubious means.

Wouldn't it be a hoot though if you got into financial trouble when Crowe and Packer pull out and the Chooks buy the NRL licence and Souffs Vermin become a second Chooks team - South Eastern Suburbs Rabbitohs.

Not as far fetched as it seems as you don't have any assets

Mad Bunny

Juniors

Enjoy it while it lasts

MS I suggest for your pain against the Pride of the League since Friday night i suggest you should just take 2 panadol and rest up mate you will be sweet soon.Well just look on the bright side you didn't get flogged again by 60-8 ...Glory Glory To South Sydney South Sydney Marches On.