What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 26th March 8:05pm @Stadium Australia

Jim Rockford

Bench
There’s a petition doing the rounds to keep Reynolds.

Against Tigers interests to mention it, but fair is fair.

If someone here is onto it, maybe you can post a link and forumers can sign up.

And lol the almost brawl and Arrow waving old mate off.
Novobunny has already posted the link in the Rumours,Signings and News thread. I too had a massive laugh at Arrow waving him off.

1B5C3CAB-B9D0-471C-BD29-F0C2D266AB86.jpeg
Photo from the game where Angus gave me a quiet bird in 2019.

Latrell in the backs in those days drawing in defenders out wide with his sheer size, explosive speed off the mark and strength.

Pretty much convinced me that this where he belongs and I’ve found it a bit hard to entertain him as a fullback since.

Once you see a player having such a good game in a certain position, you tend to get a bit tunnel visioned thereafter.

I’m probably amongst the 5% of fans who thinks his utility as a back outweighs his fullback attributes. Not many of us burning that candle lol.

My Panther smug buddy Socky, aka @soc123_au he loves a good sing song

Seems to me, you played in the backs like a candle in the wind, never knowing who to pass to when the d closed in!

Last edited:
I actually thought the Roosters would win pre-match. They were faves with the bookies FFS and its a bit of BS now, post match how there's a lot of 'oh...no one ever seriously thought the chooks would win blah blah blah'. Its disingenuous to the effort Souths put in nullifying a back line of 2 x Morris (apparently, they're old geezers now despite getting a try each], Teddy, Manu [the best centre in the game some say, when it suits the argument] and Tupou. Teddy only scores first after we make an error. Their forwards were bashed in to submission and our forwards and the rotation was fantastic. All of them did their job.

Holy crap...that first half from us in attack and defence was fantastic, unrelenting and dominant at times, and a great result in the end for us. If they can keep that going all year it will be an exciting ride for us Souths fans.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah tbh we didn't play that well and im still not convinced we're going to be the best in the competition with a 40 minute performance like that. Great to see us get over the Roosters but we've got a long way to go if we want to compete with the best.

As travitoh said a couple of weeks ago when Cook is running the ball off quick PTB'S thats when we look our deadliest in attack. Jai Arrow and Koloamatangi have really impressed me as forwards. They hit hard and they stick to their opponents

It's not just that he's running off the quick PTB either, he's doing it with intent and not fearing the tackle. There were times that the defenders would hang off him and anticipate a pass before he got the line. They can't do that when he's proactively running and in turn it keeps the defensive line that bit narrower, allowing Souths a bit more space to attack out wide.

Cook's last two weeks have been great and it's not a coincidence that Souths have won as a result.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's not just that he's running off the quick PTB either, he's doing it with intent and not fearing the tackle. There were times that the defenders would hang off him and anticipate a pass before he got the line. They can't do that when he's proactively running and in turn it keeps the defensive line that bit narrower, allowing Souths a bit more space to attack out wide.

Cook's last two weeks have been great and it's not a coincidence that Souths have won as a result.
Those couple of media articles criticising him did the trick!

truthslayer

Juniors
I have to say our forwards were outstanding! Special mention Mark Nicholls, he is really playing well this season! Mago was also great! Tom and Tatola much better and cam Murray what a player, best game from suaa this year I hope we can keep him, but listening many are making a big play.

THATS GOLD TSP

Its true and I deserved the middle finger. He made the sign of the “ up yours” but his hand was near his hip and he was looking the other way, waiting for the kick.

I yelled out to him something like:

“ Hey Angus, you played better at Souths ya mug”

This was when he’d lost some form.

He’s a f**king good bloke Angus.

I got into Keary as well. But that’s a rite of passage as soon as he comes on. Sad about his acl though.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Its true and I deserved the middle finger. He made the sign of the “ up yours” but his hand was near his hip and he was looking the other way, waiting for the kick.

I yelled out to him something like:

“ Hey Angus, you played better at Souths ya mug”

This was when he’d lost some form.

He’s a f**king good bloke Angus.

I got into Keary as well. But that’s a rite of passage as soon as he comes on. Sad about his acl though.

Wish Souths would steal Tedesco and move Latrell to the centre’s
That would be a huge up yours to the Cocks :rooster: :joy:

Latest posts