What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Eels

Dragon David

First Grade
Probably all said but bugger me that was depressing. Parramatta were on fire but we were, again, disjointed and error prone.
I really fear our time as a top club, if not already gone is fading fast. There are clearly a top 4 or 5 sides then the also rans. Can you imagine a Storm or Roosters side playing like we did?
Telling for me was according to the commentators we have only won two of our last 13 games- both against the Warriors. I’m not a coach or a player, just a long time fan but this is a results business and we aren’t getting results. Some serious changes needed for mine.
That is the reality carlton. We have won just 2 of our last 13 regular season games (not including the trials) and they were against the Warriors who we have the wood over, just for the moment. I honestly cannot see us winning the next 6-7 games at least and maybe more.

I don't like to be pessimistic but with the coaches that we have and the fact that our reserves are doing really badly as well, we just don't have any chance of being in the top 12 let alone in the top 8.

Hook has got a lot to answer for. To me, we have bad coaches. The problem is though that we have signed Hook for another year and our club doesn't pay out coaches but when he isn't re-signed for 2024, who will want to join this once mighty club? We get rubbish.

Craig Young and his men have to seriously start thinking about doing something that can get us up there again. It will take a long time though and by that time many of us would have lost interest - I wasn't wanting to watch us play after last week's poor display and after today's debacle, I might not watch again this year.

Illusion

Bench
I hear ya mate. I’m one of the most negative supporters out there. And I’m sick of being right. I want this team to prove me wrong. But year after year they prove me right with the piss poor coaching, the piss poor player recruitment, piss poor player selection And extending the coach’s contract before a game has been played this year. That one was the icing on the cake. This team is run by dinosaurs living in the 1969s
Piss the board off all the mates getting fatter , Young , Doust , Gordon etc. Before any improvement happens Jurassic Park ...... Where's Webb in all of this .......

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Been following our mob for an eternity and tbh I just dont have the answers anymore....Ive never been one for laying the blame on individuals so wont start there but Im now convinced more than ever that Hunt needs to be moved to Hooker sooner rather than later......its pretty obvious that we are miles behind the top teams so we have nothing to lose but to treat this season as a building one.....secondly I would leave Sloan as Fullback as to the halve pairing i havnt the answer so will leave that to the experts (if we have any)....as for the forwards I think blokes like Su'A, Molo and Kerr would benefit from having Hunt in the dummy half role...it just aint working the way it is Im afraid...so pick and stick and lets see where it takes us

Dragon David

First Grade
Been following our mob for an eternity and tbh I just dont have the answers anymore....Ive never been one for laying the blame on individuals so wont start there but Im now convinced more than ever that Hunt needs to be moved to Hooker sooner rather than later......its pretty obvious that we are miles behind the top teams so we have nothing to lose but to treat this season as a building one.....secondly I would leave Sloan as Fullback as to the halve pairing i havnt the answer so will leave that to the experts (if we have any)....as for the forwards I think blokes like Su'A, Molo and Kerr would benefit from having Hunt in the dummy half role...it just aint working the way it is Im afraid...so pick and stick and lets see where it takes us
Unfortunately, Hook has favourites and he is as stubborn as a mule. A lot of us say that Hunt should be the hooker. We have to have Sloan, Amone, Sullivan, Hunt as the spine and Mbye should be the 14 bench player. He will stick to McCullough at hooker though because of his short sightedness.

Dragon David

First Grade
I was hoping for the trifecta - The girls are in the league grand final against the Roosters, the girls won the one day world cup cricket but alas flogged in the sport that is not the same anymore.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Hearing we are shopping two forwards around; Sims of course not sure who the other is? Kerr or Ford perhaps? What are peoples thoughts on Lodge? Wants out of the Warriors knocked back a long term deal to come back to Sydney.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Definitely correct move to put the blow torch on the senior players and nor have Sloan and or Junior start against a white hot Parramatta

Junior Sloan and Bud can't get thru a whole season so protecting today makes sense

But whole shit our pack is miles off and our backline doesn't look much better

Ohhhh well 2022 is the year to win back 2hrs off my life each week and redirect to other more important parts of life

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Maybe Hook and Flanagan change roles. Hook recruitment, Flanagan head coach.
Nah. Whoever was in charge of recruiting blokes like Sharon, McCullough and Mbye needs to f**k off. Sharks as an example get Hynes and roosters go out and get Smith, and we sign these 3 has beens. Then the team wonders why we can’t compete with the big teams. We are a f**king joke

Dragon for life

Juniors
Hunt to Hooker, Jetski and Sims out, JDB to start, MBye to half, Rava dropped till he stops coming off his wing replaced with Moga, Sloan back to FB, Bird I don’t know what to do with him. What a f##king disaster. Another wasted season, the dogs and tigers will flog us.
Totally agree with Hunt to hooker, it’s his best position but only if there is someone to replace him at half. Don’t know about Mbye at half either. Is there a young gun to step up?? I biased towards Sims, just think he’s a great player out on the edge when the team goes forward and it’s hard for any player to play behind a team that gets smashed in the battle for field position every week.
Go back (yes a long time ago) when we led the comp 2 years running (2018-19 i think) the forwards laid the platform and then the backs did their thing and we carved everyone up. I know we ran out of steam and didn’t finish the seasons off but I believe that was more player management then losing their form.
Will say it again watch the good teams and even Parra tonight, they run hard, get the ascendancy and then the halves take over when your back pedaling.
Souths next week… god help us.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
When I say I could do a better job I mean it.
Your posts are so inspiring and in no way negative so I'm sure you could fire up a squad of footy players each and every week and make them find the self belief to aim up. Reach for the stars and you'll land on the moon, mate.

Latest posts