What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

I think the raiders can be dangerous, not sure they will be but if they play well they will make us earn it. Its possible they continue to play shit in which case we should win easily but Ricky would have put a rocket up them this week and every team we play lifts for us so far this year and the raiders have a couple guys who can be gamebreakers on their day.
The Ricky fire and brimstone act can’t work every week. But against the Premiers I am sure he will get the troops going.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Ricky fire and brimstone act can’t work every week. But against the Premiers I am sure he will get the troops going.
Ricky has made a few changes, although I not sure they will line up they appear in 1-17 as selected. Trying to shake things up a little, they need it, like any other game we just need to be focussed, complete our sets, complete at 80% or above hopefully and we should get the job done.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I agree.

Raiders at Penny Park almost always seem to find an extra gear. Hence Penrith will need to be on the game.

Especially after the fan viking clap and Stephen Crighton's celebrations of 2021.

Should be a good game.

I won't be able to watch at least the first half live, because my brother is having his book launch at 2.30pm. I mean seriously how rude 😂

Iamback

Coach
It takes an amazing coach and culture to have the team capable of winning every week.

like I said in another thread.

It is hard to know where to rank us in the scheme of good teams. Are we really that good or is the standard across the comp that bad?

Either way we will cruise to another 20 point win this week. We get our test next month to see where we sit

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree.

Raiders at Penny Park almost always seem to find an extra gear. Hence Penrith will need to be on the game.

Especially after the fan viking clap and Stephen Crighton's celebrations of 2021.

Should be a good game.

I won't be able to watch at least the first half live, because my brother is having his book launch at 2.30pm. I mean seriously how rude 😂
Your brothers winding you up Alice, must be an on line book. Book shops sadly are going the same way as video stores, out the back door. I’d tell him to pull his head in and just do a zoom launch or whatever they do these days. We bought shares in our local book store just to try and keep it afloat, community spirit and all, not to make money.

On a serious note, I hope the launch works well for him and we are up by heaps by half time so no stress involved for you.

Kilkenny

Coach
like I said in another thread.

It is hard to know where to rank us in the scheme of good teams. Are we really that good or is the standard across the comp that bad?

Either way we will cruise to another 20 point win this week. We get our test next month to see where we sit
I don’t like the whole cruising narrative.

6-0 is great, nice to be in such a position at this early stage, I just think going into the Eels, Storm, Roosters we need a really solid 80 minutes, convincing powerhouse performance as opposed to a well it was easy in the end performance. Not for me to judge, but I just don’t think our current bench rotation is the right one particularly against the heavyweights.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Your brothers winding you up Alice, must be an on line book. Book shops sadly are going the same way as video stores, out the back door. I’d tell him to pull his head in and just do a zoom launch or whatever they do these days. We bought shares in our local book store just to try and keep it afloat, community spirit and all, not to make money.

On a serious note, I hope the launch works well for him and we are up by heaps by half time so no stress involved for you.

My brother and I live in the same small city. For me it's one of the few chances I have to get out, so I'm kinda looking forward to this outing.

I will have my phone with me.

I hope the game will be good for Penrith too.

Kilkenny

Coach
My brother and I live in the same small city. For me it's one of the few chances I have to get out, so I'm kinda looking forward to this outing.

I will have my phone with me.

I hope the game will be good for Penrith too.

My advice, would be to keep your phone turned off and only turn it on once your brothers launch is over. Hopefully, we will be in cruise control by then even if I don’t like cruising it?

Iamback

Coach
I don’t like the whole cruising narrative.

6-0 is great, nice to be in such a position at this early stage, I just think going into the Eels, Storm, Roosters we need a really solid 80 minutes, convincing powerhouse performance as opposed to a well it was easy in the end performance. Not for me to judge, but I just don’t think our current bench rotation is the right one particularly against the heavyweights.

We lost 1 regular season game in 2020
Were 12-0 to start last year
Now 6-0. Best attack and best defence - so isn't an outlier.

For now it works. When Yeo and Api are playing 80 mins in big games then not sure where Kenny sits. So it likely changes

Kilkenny

Coach
We lost 1 regular season game in 2020
Were 12-0 to start last year
Now 6-0. Best attack and best defence - so isn't an outlier.

For now it works. When Yeo and Api are playing 80 mins in big games then not sure where Kenny sits. So it likely changes
Mate, our win loss ratio is something I’m not sure too many other sides in NRL history have ever accomplished. They really are mind boggling. I love it, don’t get me wrong, 20 consecutive wins at home there was a time when I used to overjoyed we we won back to back games at home.

This opinion may not sit well, but Tyrone May, the much maligned Tyrone May really was a perfect fit for us as the 14. Could cover fullback, centre, halves, hooker and back row off the bench. This Kenny/Salmon taking two bench spots can only work against the lesser sides. I like both, think they have done a fine job thus far, but it ain’t gonna work when we come up against the Storm at there best, at full strength.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
My advice, would be to keep your phone turned off and only turn it on once your brothers launch is over. Hopefully, we will be in cruise control by then even if I don’t like cruising it?
Thanks for the advice. The launch bit itself starts at 2.30pm, so all the big stuff will be over by the time the game starts.

Iamback

Coach
Mate, our win loss ratio is something I’m not sure too many other sides in NRL history have ever accomplished. They really are mind boggling. I love it, don’t get me wrong, 20 consecutive wins at home there was a time when I used to overjoyed we we won back to back games at home.

This opinion may not sit well, but Tyrone May, the much maligned Tyrone May really was a perfect fit for us as the 14. Could cover fullback, centre, halves, hooker and back row off the bench. This Kenny/Salmon taking two bench spots can only work against the lesser sides. I like both, think they have done a fine job thus far, but it ain’t gonna work when we come up against the Storm at there best, at full strength.

Our win loss ratio is hard to get a read on. Souths only lost 4 games last year. Yet ran 3rd. Any other year that gets them the MP.

Salmon is closer to a May but still can't cover Edwards

Kilkenny

Coach
Our win loss ratio is hard to get a read on. Souths only lost 4 games last year. Yet ran 3rd. Any other year that gets them the MP.

I guess if Edwards get injured during a game Crichton moves back there there and the utility whomever that may be accommodates a reshuffle. No big deal against the lesser sides, not sure we get away with our current bench against the better teams.

Hopefully Edwards has injury free season, he really is critical to our chances I’m my opinion.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I think the raiders can be dangerous, not sure they will be but if they play well they will make us earn it. Its possible they continue to play shit in which case we should win easily but Ricky would have put a rocket up them this week and every team we play lifts for us so far this year and the raiders have a couple guys who can be gamebreakers on their day.

Put a couple of tries on them early and we win easily

He may be able to? Before May replaced Edwards versus the Storm last year I am not sure I had ever seen May play fullback, so it was more about his football smarts than experience. I don’t think any of us really know if Salmon has the same amount of nous as May…

Kilkenny

Coach
He may be able to? Before May replaced Edwards versus the Storm last year I am not sure I had ever seen May play fullback, so it was more about his football smarts than experience. I don’t think any of us really know if Salmon has the same amount of nous as May…
May played a lot of fullback in his junior rep days. Was never going to make it at NRL in that position but as he proved he was a Jack of all positions, master of none. But natural footy player who can do a job anywhere.