What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

Kilkenny

Coach
Looking at NRL stats it suggests Dylan has running metres of 1400 plus with daylight second. RCG appears to be third according to the same stats with a touch over a 1,000. Amazing stats really, I know he is under rated and under valued for the most part but credit where credit due the guy has been amazing thus far.

Iamback

Coach
He may be able to? Before May replaced Edwards versus the Storm last year I am not sure I had ever seen May play fullback, so it was more about his football smarts than experience. I don’t think any of us really know if Salmon has the same amount of nous as May…

Crichton went back there on Friday night. Salmon went to centre that would be the set up if someone in the back 3 went down

Iamback

Coach
I guess if Edwards get injured during a game Crichton moves back there there and the utility whomever that may be accommodates a reshuffle. No big deal against the lesser sides, not sure we get away with our current bench against the better teams.

Hopefully Edwards has injury free season, he really is critical to our chances I’m my opinion.

That was the setup on Friday
Same when To'o went off

Original Name

Juniors
Looking at NRL stats it suggests Dylan has running metres of 1400 plus with daylight second. RCG appears to be third according to the same stats with a touch over a 1,000. Amazing stats really, I know he is under rated and under valued for the most part but credit where credit due the guy has been amazing thus far.
Back in Hook's last year (from memory) before Dyl got injured according to NRL.com he was the first for supports in the NRL daylight was second and Teddy was third. It was a bit of a small sample size of like 6 games or so but Teddy was whatever he was on the guy behind him was like 4 behind Teddy (I think it was Gutho), guy behind him was like 6 behind him and Edwards was 20+ ahead of Teddy.

Then we changed our attacking structure and stopped offloading/stuck Dyl on an edge. But my point is Edwards would play better in a team suited to him.

like I said in another thread.

It is hard to know where to rank us in the scheme of good teams. Are we really that good or is the standard across the comp that bad?

Good and bad are relative terms; you don’t get points for style. You get two points for scoring more points than the team lined up opposite than you. And we get those 2 points at a historically great rate.

Crashtest

Juniors
This Kenny/Salmon taking two bench spots can only work against the lesser sides. I like both, think they have done a fine job thus far, but it ain’t gonna work when we come up against the Storm at there best, at full strength.
Have you seen the Storm bench though? Or the Roosters or Manly?

If we lose to the Storm or Roosters it won’t be because Kenny and Salmon are on our bench.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Have you seen the Storm bench though? Or the Roosters or Manly?

If we lose to the Storm or Roosters it won’t be because Kenny and Salmon are on our bench.
Storm lost to us because they had Smith and Hynes on the bench! Players of that quality!

*In part but it was the biggest reason imo

Munky

Coach
Storm lost to us because they had Smith and Hynes on the bench! Players of that quality!

I thought it was Grant and Hynes on the bench?

Which was actually worse once Welch went down early.

Crashtest

Juniors

Im talking about their bench this year. I wouldn’t do a straight swap of our 4 for their current 4. Same goes with Roosters and Manly bench.

chrisD

Coach
If Raiders were to win it'd be because we have to lose one eventually.

Souths are trash that just got a luckiest ass run through the finals last season a team could ever hope for. They go banged up us without Edwards, a week off then the Eagles lol, into the grand final to play banged up us again but after two absolute wars against Melbourne and Parra. It was a gift wrapped hand delivered premiership to the most undeserving team in recent memory, only they still dropped it because they're a pack of heartless frauds. This season's Cronulla shits all over Souths.

Iamback

Coach
Good and bad are relative terms; you don’t get points for style. You get two points for scoring more points than the team lined up opposite than you. And we get those 2 points at a historically great rate.

We aren't the only one's getting points at a great rate though.

Take last year. Souths lost to us and Storm only, any other year they win the minor premiership.

Storm have also won over 80% of games since 2020.

Don't get me wrong better to be us then the dogs. Just not sure where this run will sit compared to Parra of the 80's or Canberra of the early 90's.

We aren't the only one's getting points at a great rate though.

Take last year. Souths lost to us and Storm only, any other year they win the minor premiership.

Storm have also won over 80% of games since 2020.

Don't get me wrong better to be us then the dogs. Just not sure where this run will sit compared to Parra of the 80's or Canberra of the early 90's.
With the players leaving the storm, Parra next year and if we can get a genuine hooker, this run can last for years.

Iamback

Coach
With the players leaving the storm, Parra next year and if we can get a genuine hooker, this run can last for years.

The hooker is the concern.

GC are struggling because of young spine as they mature they will lift
Roosters too once the halves get game time
Manly will get Faiunu back at some stage - They are a hooker away from being good
NQ kids will develop
Broncs are improving

Then of course Bulldogs will punt Barrett at some stage and become good.

So the standard will improve across the NRL in coming years. Hopefully we stay top of the bunch

murraymob

Coach
Our line speed against Brisbane was off and slow.if it on the raiders will be lucky to get to our end unless there are penalties .we sit at 1 for meters Gaines the raiders sit at 16 .about 420 meters difference

Latest posts