What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Knights

WestyLife

First Grade
Penrith were dudded a number of times with ref calls. The almost sin binning of Lenui was a shocker. Along with a non penalty when Cleary was clipped high and late right at the end. Dreadful decision.

Penrith scrapped and fought for that win. Got down and dirty.

Iamback is pretty sensible and the discussion here has been warranted after what you described as an ugly performance.

They did and I'm proud of some aspects of it but they only won due to poor knights goal kicking. Fans on a forum are going to discuss it in depth.

GongPanther

Referee
Penrith were dudded a number of times with ref calls. The almost sin binning of Lenui was a shocker. Along with a non penalty when Cleary was clipped high and late right at the end. Dreadful decision.

Penrith scrapped and fought for that win. Got down and dirty.
I'm still gobsmacked in how Fitzgibbon's high tackle wasn't dealt with, and the ref explaining how he did not see it and why he did not go to the bunker.

snickers007

Juniors
I'm still gobsmacked in how Fitzgibbon's high tackle wasn't dealt with, and the ref explaining how he did not see it and why he did not go to the bunker.

I hate the bunker, and wish it was used FAR less.

However...

If they're going to double check every try before it's confirmed, surely they must do the same for every field goal.

The kicking team will always set up blockers which can drastically impact the defenders ability to put pressure on the kicker.

Whole the defensive team will stand offside and move early to place said pressure on the kicker.

And obviously there will inevitably be contact on the kicker (potentially late, high, dangerous or otherwise).

I'm positive that if FGs were cleared by the bunker, that would have turned into a 3pt FG situation, and we avoid Golden Point.

Deadset makes me feel dirty advocating for more bunker intervention.

Iamback

Coach
Iamback is pretty sensible and the discussion here has been warranted after what you described as an ugly performance.

They did and I'm proud of some aspects of it but they only won due to poor knights goal kicking. Fans on a forum are going to discuss it in depth.

Our defence and toughness has been outstanding in every game.

The rest of it not so. We are 1/4 of way through the season.

I'd give Edwards 8 or 9/10.

The rest of the side between 4 and 6/10.

I doubt Ivan or the players would be seeing much different

Our defence and toughness has been outstanding in every game.

The rest of it not so. We are 1/4 of way through the season.

I'd give Edwards 8 or 9/10.

The rest of the side between 4 and 6/10.

I doubt Ivan or the players would be seeing much different
Turuva has been excellent, while Hoskings has forced his way into a starting position. Spencer has been very impactful off the bench as must be in a conversation for Origin.