What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Roosters

denis preston

First Grade
They’ll need to play some footy today to win.
Cannot just complete sets and expect to win against Roosters.
Will need to move the ball and play expansively.
We have the roster to beat these blokes but need some game plan and execution.
Hoping something changes today.
It is a REAL pity Sullivan is not in the side & Hunt is 6 or 9 . I think that could get our backline buzzing provided the forwards hold their own. Mind you he has to get picked and surely that time is soon

BLM01

First Grade
Obviously running plenty of traffic at their halves & completions will go a long way to an upset win.
Where i was confident about wininng last week. I dont have a good feeling about this one o_O
Last years game still haunts me when it was basically over by half time
I’m channeling the knights performance vs Parra.
Yep and at home in front of 25,000. Akin to Dragons in recent years except we cant fit in 25,000
How is O'Brien going now
He has already thrown in the coaches cliches in putting up the red flag at R7
"We have to stick together and work real hard and get through this"
They were supposed to win a comp soon and the media feed him with the yearly injury card excuse
Their squad they put out is still pretty decent on paper. Except for their hooker not missing that much
Anyway the cliches finally worked for madge the past 2 weeks!..now the Tigers face us at WIN

BLM01

First Grade
How bad is our timing to play the Tigers? I’m sure most people had that one chalked up as a possible win. With the way they’re playing it doesn’t look likely now.

And just to make it worse, their revival is being led by a Wollongong boy.
True who now they have let go to the Cowboys and with their new edge back row stars where does Luc play
Besides in recent memory we are the Tigers bunny for some reason

mickeylane

Bench
The
Everything is worth a try as far as I am concerned. However, we won the last game and Hook won't change a winning team. He likes to play things safe and doesn't appear to want to take risks and as he has the final say the team for the Roosters game will be the same except that Kerr might not be included and Woods likely to come in.
The biggest frustration is that we have the players to be a top 8 team but the majority playing in wrong positions..if we honestly picked our best and strongest available 17 it’s not too hard to put them in their right position 1-17..FFS!

Sloan
Rava
Lomax
Suli
Feagai

Amone
Bud

JDB
Sua
Bird
Molo
Hunt
Burgess

Sims
Mcguire
Mbye
Lawrie

mickeylane

Bench
All these calls for Hunt to shift to hooker are getting annoying, particularly when the 5/8, Fullback and hooker are not firing.
If Amone and Sloan had been killing it, it may have been worth a shot but to move the only spine member pulling his weight is ridiculous at the moment.
It may happen next season or sooner if forced with injuries but having an inexperienced 6 and 7 is very risky.
I tell what’s worse is having an experienced 6,7 that’s not working and to compound this an experienced 9 that’s not working..

BBTB

Juniors
I would like to see Bird move back to the second row, i do not feel he plays direct enough for 5/8. His first thought is to run rather than use the ball.
If Simms is leaving move Bird to his spot and Amone to 5/8.
Yes,agree good call.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Bud will be out for at least a week, probably longer, given the HIA protocols around the severity of his head knock yesterday. So no point pointing him into your team lists in the short term.
Hunt to 9 just wont happen either. As many have said, we are looking at a hooker, but more likely for next year as it stands.

With Sloan regsining some confidence and following the directions given by the coaching staff, he will probably return to 1st grade soon enough. That would of course (imo) necessitate moving Jr to 5/8, Mbye to 14 or 9, and Bird to the edge (where he belongs imo).
This is why they wont move Hunt to 9.

Crush

Coach
How bad is our timing to play the Tigers? I’m sure most people had that one chalked up as a possible win. With the way they’re playing it doesn’t look likely now.

And just to make it worse, their revival is being led by a Wollongong boy.
How sad is it that we are talking about the timing of meeting the Tigers. It’s like in order to be in a game we need to meet teams at their absolute weakest with maximum injuries and worst form or we cannot fathom a win.

Then when we lose anyway we blame the refs.

Illusion

Bench
How sad is it that we are talking about the timing of meeting the Tigers. It’s like in order to be in a game we need to meet teams at their absolute weakest with maximum injuries and worst form or we cannot fathom a win.

Then when we lose anyway we blame the refs.
Yep Crush doesn't look like that bus we need to get on is even moving ...... 😁

Latest posts