What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Munky

Coach
The ARU is barely a going concern at the moment.

They won't have provided for anyone's wages unless they've already been transferred to a bank account in a trust for Joe Rugby.

Which is incredibly unlikely, if they have his manager is the best one in the country.

Wb1234

Referee
The ARU is barely a going concern at the moment.

They won't have provided for anyone's wages unless they've already been transferred to a bank account in a trust for Joe Rugby.

Which is incredibly unlikely, if they have his manager is the best one in the country.
They took that 80 million loan

they have at least 30 million cash to play around with

reanimate

Bench
Maybe but the rumours of them not affording that contract the have been around for ages
Who knows, but another prolonged court battle could really f**k them. They’re already servicing loans with solid interest rates attached to them and they’ve let their Melbourne team go under. It’s a poor look for them that they’re cutting one of their 5 teams and paying big money to bring a RL player over.

Canard

Immortal
Triple M we’re saying today that Union might not have the cash to pay Sua’aili and he could be at the Dragons next year. If true, and he signs with ARU for $1.5 but can only get $1m in NRL, does Union have to pay $500,000 or could he sue for loss of earnings, and “seeing the world”
Who is paying a mill for a winger in the NRL?

That's poor recruitment.

King hit

Coach
At a grassroots "amateur" level Union is bigger than League in Melbourne, but that means nothing in terms of professional sports.

Otherwise Soccer, Basketball and Netball would be our 3 biggest professional codes.

Honestly, In their entire 13 season existence I haven't heard any Melbournians talk about them outside of expat Saffers, Kiwis and Poms.
Have you ever seen anyone wear their jerseys or seen merchandise in the stores. I’ve been to Melbourne twice in the last year. You could’ve sworn the Rebels didn’t exist and for Melbourne that’s saying something

Canard

Immortal
Have you ever seen anyone wear their jerseys or seen merchandise in the stores. I’ve been to Melbourne twice in the last year. You could’ve sworn the Rebels didn’t exist and for Melbourne that’s saying something
Virtually never seen it.

Whereas you see the Storm quite a bit, say on a level with the "smaller" AFL teams (i.e. North Melbourne, St Kilda etc.)

Jamberoo

Juniors
Virtually never seen it.

Whereas you see the Storm quite a bit, say on a level with the "smaller" AFL teams (i.e. North Melbourne, St Kilda etc.)
The Storm aren’t quite at that level (possibly in the very outer suburbs), but everyone in Melbourne at least knows that they exist.

No one who isn’t from a rugby state would know that the Rebels ever existed. My wife is a reasonably big sports fan (Collingwood) and will reluctantly watch a Storm game with me (if it is close) and knows all the NRL clubs, but when I was telling her that the Rebels had been axed she had not heard of them. Their results are not mentioned anywhere. I have never met a person who has been to a game. They have been easily the lowest profile professional sporting club in Australia.

Amazing how Sonny Bill has carried water for Union his whole career, and RL people still accept him with open arms
Yea he's done well to get himself back in the good books. Guessing his Roosters stint had a bit to do with that?

Re: his union career... to be fair, he was actually very successful. The perception that he wasn't is very prevalent here as well, but he started 42 of his 58 tests which is a strong record by anyone's measure. Especially given the players he was competing with for spots at the time.

Wb1234

Referee
Sbw
Wendell
Matty rogers

all still bludging money off rugby league

Bums

rugby league is too much of a doormat

suaali has been disloyal to south’s and the roosters he should be banned from coming back go play in France or Japan

CAS

Juniors
Sbw
Wendell
Matty rogers

Bums

suaali has been disloyal to south’s and the roosters he should be banned from coming back go play in France or Japan
Also known as Soup takers.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Sbw
Wendell
Matty rogers

Bums

Absolutely, f**k off to obscurity if that's your choice, but we won't be here waiting when you've had your fling helping promote a major competitor

Dark Corner

Juniors
Yea he's done well to get himself back in the good books. Guessing his Roosters stint had a bit to do with that?

Re: his union career... to be fair, he was actually very successful. The perception that he wasn't is very prevalent here as well, but he started 42 of his 58 tests which is a strong record by anyone's measure. Especially given the players he was competing with for spots at the time.
Plus he Knocked out AFL Barry Hall in the 1st round which was nice.

Latest posts