What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

natheel

Coach
AyDNPMFCAAAYAtI.jpg

Bulldogs v Tigers

Tigers players: Robbie Farah, Keith Galloway and Tim Moltzen

Bulldogs Player: Frank Pritchard

natheel

Coach
AyDMsyPCQAAz5P5.jpg

Melbourne V St George Illawarra*

Storm players: Billy Slater and Cam Smith

Dragons players: Matt Cooper and Jamie Soward

* Tru Blu have mentioned that Storms sponsor isn't there because they don't have alcohol or gambling sponsors in the game, i think this is why in career you can have sponsors. So teams that may be unable to have a sponsor can have one in the game from options that are given. But i'm sure people will mod it to have sponsors

joshie

Live Update Team
That MX article has me REALLY excited now. The price tag has also jumped from $50 to $100 so I am expecting AMAZING things.

milla

Juniors
I remember a common excuse for the lack of features, some basic, for rugby challenge was the lack of a budget. I hope this is not the case for RLL2

We were very happy with the budget. Rugby games, both union and league, are necessarily going to be niche titles though. While our budget was large for the genre it did not allow for the sort of depth that one for, say, a football title would. Such hugely popular sports attract such an immense gamer market that they may feasibly be allocated the sort of budget that rugby game developers can never dream of having.

MattYg1

Bench
in case people didn't see them

AyDL9lDCEAIZzyl.jpg

Hayne in the clear

Panthers players: Michael Gordon, Luke Lewis, Kevin Kingston and not sure

Parra players: Jarryd Hayne, Cheyse Blair and right in the back not sure

This is the only picture that truely troubles me... why do i get the felling like with previous titles EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THE FIELD IS CHASING HAYNE!!! including Parramatta players... always hated that in all other league titles.

Ausguy

Coach
Can't agree more with that Matt.

And if you look close the ref is 50metres behind the play. Usually he is the only one close to the scoring player.

natheel

Coach
Well to be fair there is only a handful of players there maybe the others are somewhere else on the field and withthe red thing there is also one to Haynes left. Which is as close as the closest penrith player.

We were very happy with the budget. Rugby games, both union and league, are necessarily going to be niche titles though. While our budget was large for the genre it did not allow for the sort of depth that one for, say, a football title would. Such hugely popular sports attract such an immense gamer market that they may feasibly be allocated the sort of budget that rugby game developers can never dream of having.

I'm not saying whether you are happy or not but when I read the forum a lot of career mode questions were answered with "the budget did not allow for it"

It was poorly worded. I should have said a common answer to questions.

Can't agree more with that Matt.

And if you look close the ref is 50metres behind the play. Usually he is the only one close to the scoring player.

50 metres behind the player? Lol the ref is easily within 10 metres of Hayne.

Geohood

Bench
Wow I must say, these pics are looking WAY better than anything we've ever seen in a league game. Awesome. Finally looking worthy of Ps3 not Ps2.

Run arounds and decoys? Even if they turn out to not work too well at least they've finally tried to implement them! Hoping for real inside balls too.

MattYg1

Bench
Wow I must say, these pics are looking WAY better than anything we've ever seen in a league game. Awesome. Finally looking worthy of Ps3 not Ps2.

Run arounds and decoys? Even if they turn out to not work too well at least they've finally tried to implement them! Hoping for real inside balls too.

Agreed... actually as long as there is truth in the comment that the AI will not simply break tackles and offload on higher difficulties then I am happy...

ceagle

Bench
Noticing a lot of the little things shows they have actually put in a decent effort this time. The refs, the sideline interchange bench, the crowd, Soward looking disappointed before the try is scored (use to be a second delay in RLL1), rolled down socks on Cooper.

Last edited:

milla

Juniors
I'm not saying whether you are happy or not but when I read the forum a lot of career mode questions were answered with "the budget did not allow for it"

It was poorly worded. I should have said a common answer to questions.

Ah yes, a lot of questions were about things we would have really liked to do :)

Slammin

Juniors
50 metres behind the player? Lol the ref is easily within 10 metres of Hayne.

Have a look on the inside of Hayne's left arm. The second ref is 50 metres behind the play.

Honestly hoping for a good league title, Sidhe never produced one so hopefully big ant can produce after their failure on their first release.

At least big ant have thrown their balls on the line hyping up this game big time compared to Sidhe who would really just give ambiguous answers knowing full well their product was shit.

Latest posts