What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Exactly my point.

Its a rumour thread RBK.... why would Big mick just make sh*t up about newcaslte players leaving to go to parra unless he heard it somewhere else, or he's taking the piss...

Big Mick

Referee
Exactly MY point.

If I hear something, I'll share it...you can't stop me saying it RBK because I don't really care what you think.

ozzie

Bench
Godz Illa said:
Not sure what you're getting at here. Tallis was a regular starter in 94 and 95 and was signed to St George until the end of 96 - obviously they were quite keen on retaining his services. Then the unscrupulous Superleague shysters had him sign one of their fat contracts. St George didn't wish to see one of their own contracted players lining up against them, so they (quite correctly and legally) refused to release him. There were also the overtones from Tallis at the time that he wanted to return to Queensland and had "always wanted to play for the Broncos". What have I missed?
You haven't missed anything. Shall we also talk about Mundine at the same time - how brisbane gave him a brocos jumper to parade in while he was still at ST George - real good form that one but Brisbane have no pride anyways

I just love the way certain Brisbane supporters point the finger at the Roosters about being over the salary cap but have a look at their playing roster over the years and tell me how they stay under the cap? I know they play for the love of it and don't get paid isn't that right Kiwi. While your at it Kiwi tell me about the hidden bar tabs at a certain bar in Brisbane. Now this was mentioned by a member of the Hodges family when he signed with the Roosters. Wasn't the bar sponsors and shouldn't the free beer tabs been counted under the salary cap as third party payments?
I could give you heaps more horror stories about how brisbane manages to rort the system but what's the point..just don't point the finger too much because someone may bite it off.

Cletus

First Grade
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Jamie Lyon -----> Manly

Source: Continuous Call Team (its worth a post, even though it may be complete and utter crap).

It's a better source than your Frank Pritchard one:lol: .

legend

Coach
I've also heard the Simpson to Eels rumour as well as Clint Newton to the Eels.

I have no idea if they will leave Newcastle but it is what I have heard.

macavity

Referee
legend said:
I've also heard the Simpson to Eels rumour as well as Clint Newton to the Eels.

both no chance

newto under contract, simmo hates sydney and has a kid here he wont leave (source, his ex-mrs...)

legend

Coach
You are probably right mate but it is what I have heard and is at best a smoky rumour.

You'd have to think a few players from both the Eels and Knights will trade places though and I have serious doubts over Johns longevity to be honest. I think he will retire at seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts