What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Davester said:
Wet Cat and Cheese said:
Where are the Eels getting all this money? :?

Under the table style dealings? :roll: haha! who knows really...

As for the Souths rumour, it's Steve Turner from Melbourne I think. But he's been linked to the Wests Tigers too. We'll see where he ends up...I think he's still contracted to the club

you guys have spent about the same amount for players for this year!

Steve Turner is contracted until 2006 unless he gets a release. I understand why he might want one. Left penrith cuz of Rhys Wesser, was brought in to replace Robbie Ross but Slater filled that position admirably. He's become our second string fullback just like at the Panthers despite all the obvious talent he has. Man, I hope he doesn't leave.

Mambo

Juniors
Earl said:
Take MacDougall instead #-o

Ha ha I think we will be getting both of them.

Steve Turner and Shane Richardson have a good connection from the Penrith days. So I'd suggest if it was between Souths and Wests, we'd win out, especially now that we have a winning coach and a great CEO and professional new staff in the joint.

And Ben MacDougall looks like he might be the replacement for Lee Hookey, and he has a connection to Souths through Adam and Luke. I'm still keen to see the 3mac attack :D

Poor Melbourne :(

Lucky Souths 8)

Mambo

Juniors
Thunderstruck said:
Steve Turner is contracted until 2006 unless he gets a release. I understand why he might want one. Left penrith cuz of Rhys Wesser, was brought in to replace Robbie Ross but Slater filled that position admirably. He's become our second string fullback just like at the Panthers despite all the obvious talent he has. Man, I hope he doesn't leave.

The reason why I am confident is because Souths have a big 'vacant' sign on our #1 jersey and Turner is all class, with a connection to Richo.

Surely you'd want to let him have his chance and not hold him back in Qld Cup. Such a damn waste of talent. South Sydney need him a hell of a lot more than Brisbane Norths (a glorified reserve grade team) do.

Blunty

Juniors
Aaron Moule :arrow: Sea Eagles

I know this has been said before, but Steve Roach said on 2GB that Manly are still in negotiations with him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Shaun said:
James Webster (eels) :arrow: Warriors

I hope thats true!

When I spoke to him the other night he hadn't had and offer from no one he looked dissaponted.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
eelavation said:
Shaun said:
James Webster (eels) :arrow: Warriors

I hope thats true!

When I spoke to him the other night he hadn't had and offer from no one he looked dissaponted.

lol, i made the rumor up, in hopes wed get him.

Hes been okay off the bench for you guys, wouldnt mind him at the warriors.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm not joking when I say this to you but if I were you I'd fairdinkum get in touch with the Warriors management about a contract, he has an enormous ticker leads the team well and can play both half and Hooker with ease.

bartman

Immortal
Here's a list of the ESL players off contract as of 1 September - more fodder for all those signing rumours!

As published in UK Rugby Leaguer & League Express 1/9/04
(my known ex-NRL/Australian players in bold)

Bradford - Paul Anderson, Logan Swann
Castleford - Damian Gibson, Francis Maloney, Darren Rogers, Craig Greenhill, Nathan Sykes, Paul Jackson, Lee Harland, Mark Tookey, Steven Crouch, Brad Davis, Motu Tony
Hull - Danny Hill, Liam Higgins
Leeds - Francis Cummins, David Furner, Tommy Gallagher
London - Paul Sampson, Rob Jackson, Steve Thomas, Andrew Hart, Mal Kaufusi, Steele Retchless, Zebastian Luisi, Mark Cox, Tommy Haughy
St Helens - Chris Joynt
Wakefield - Colum Halpenny, Matthew Blake, Justin RYder, Albert Talipeau, Paul Handforth
Warrington - Darren Burns, Gary Hulse, Nick Owen, Richard Varkulis, Jerome Guisset
Widnes - Paul Atcheson, Paul Devlin, Aaron Moule, Chris Giles, Jules (Julian/poo in the shoe) O'Neill, Steve McCurrie, Andy Hay, Deon Bird, Troy Wozniak, Andy Hobson, David Mills, Nicky Role, John Robinson, Stephen Rowlands, Craig Weston, Justin Murphy, Steve Hall, Willie Peters
Wigan - Gary Connolly, Desi Williams.
Huddersfield and Salford - would not disclose unsigned players

Mambo

Juniors
bartman said:
Here's a list of the ESL players off contract as of 1 September - more fodder for all those signing rumours!

As published in UK Rugby Leaguer & League Express 1/9/04
(my known ex-NRL/Australian players in bold)

Bradford - Paul Anderson, Logan Swann
Castleford - Damian Gibson, Francis Maloney, Darren Rogers, Craig Greenhill, Nathan Sykes, Paul Jackson, Lee Harland, Mark Tookey, Steven Crouch, Brad Davis, Motu Tony
Hull - Danny Hill, Liam Higgins
Leeds - Francis Cummins, David Furner, Tommy Gallagher
London - Paul Sampson, Rob Jackson, Steve Thomas, Andrew Hart, Mal Kaufusi, Steele Retchless, Zebastian Luisi, Mark Cox, Tommy Haughy
St Helens - Chris Joynt
Wakefield - Colum Halpenny, Matthew Blake, Justin RYder, Albert Talipeau, Paul Handforth
Warrington - Darren Burns, Gary Hulse, Nick Owen, Richard Varkulis, Jerome Guisset
Widnes - Paul Atcheson, Paul Devlin, Aaron Moule, Chris Giles, Jules (Julian/poo in the shoe) O'Neill, Steve McCurrie, Andy Hay, Deon Bird, Troy Wozniak, Andy Hobson, David Mills, Nicky Role, John Robinson, Stephen Rowlands, Craig Weston, Justin Murphy, Steve Hall, Willie Peters
Wigan - Gary Connolly, Desi Williams.
Huddersfield and Salford - would not disclose unsigned players

Just one thing...
Jules O'Neill and Julian O'Neill are two totally different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts